On this page:
Who is George Gobel?
George Gobel: George Leslie Gobel was an American comedian and actor. He was best known as the star of his own weekly NBC television show, The George Gobel Show, which ran from 1954 to 1960.
- also known as George Leslie Gobel, Lonesome George
- born on (96 years ago) in Chicago, child of Hermann Goebel and Lillian MacDonald Goebel
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Comedian, actor, singer
- died on (24 years ago) in Los Angeles of surgical complications
- buried in San Fernando Mission Cemetery
- read more about George Gobel (comedian)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for George Gobel
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Vincent Terrace
Host John Denver Guest: Doris Day, Dick Van Dyke, George Gobel ...
The Baby Boomer Encyclopedia (2011)
by Marty Gitlin
popular among young Baby Boomers, were variety shows starring Ed Sullivan, George Gobel, Perry Como, Jackie Gleason, Bob Hope, and Jack Benny that dotted the evening lineups. Escapism from the turmoil of the 1960s played a huge role in the programming of that decade, particularly in regard to sitcoms. Television executives concluded that people deluged with news about assassinations, riots in the inner cities, and the Vietnam War wanted to travel as far away from reality ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for George Gobel
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about George Gobel
George Gobel's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
Photo credit: Castles, Capes & Clones
Quotes about George Gobel
Anagrams of GEORGE GOBEL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of George Gobel!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of George Gobel for some fun with words!