Germaine de Staël
is an acrostic for gds.
On this page:
Who is Germaine de Staël?
Germaine de Staël: Anne Louise Germaine de Staël-Holstein, commonly known as Madame de Staël, was a French woman of letters of Swiss origin whose lifetime overlapped with the events of the French Revolution and the Napoleonic era. She was one of Napoleon's principal opponents. Celebrated for her conversational eloquence, she participated actively in the political and intellectual life of her times. Her works, both critical and fictional, made their mark on the history of European Romanticism.
- also known as Anne Louise Germaine de Stael, Madame de Staël, Madame De Stael, Baronne de Stael Holstein, Staël, Madame Staël, Anne Louise Germaine Necker, Anne Louise Germaine de Staël-Holstein, Anne Louise Germaine de Staël
- born on (249 years ago) in Paris, child of Suzanne Curchod and Jacques Necker
- nationality: Switzerland, France
- profession: Writer
- died on (198 years ago) in Paris
- read more about Germaine de Staël (writer)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Germaine de Staël
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Donker Van Heel
Germaine de Staël Stalin, Joseph (1879-1953) Soviet dictator.
by Mary Ellen Snodgrass
Contributing insights from the intelligentsia, the salon hostess Germaine de Staël found reasons topity the martyrdom of Marie Antoinette andto honor hermotherhood in “ Reflectionson ...
by Mona Baker, Gabriela Saldanha
the writer, critic and translator Germaine de Staël ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Germaine de Staël
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Germaine de Staël
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Germaine de Staël to find many related words and phrases!