Giro appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- I’m a giro foe, but as a partisan I gave rupees to nods, madams do not see pure vaginas I trap as a tube of origami.
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun giro
What does giro mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: giros
- a check given by the British government to someone who is unemployed; it can be cashed either at a bank or at the post office
- region: Britain / Great Britain / U.K. / UK / United Kingdom / United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- lexical domain: Possessions - nouns denoting possession and transfer of possession
- synonym of giro: giro cheque
- more generic terms: bank check / check / cheque = a written order directing a bank to pay money
- a British financial system in which a bank or a post office transfers money from one account to another when they receive authorization to do so
Alternative definition of the noun giro
- [context: Europe] A direct transfer of funds between different account holders, usually on a regular basis.
- [British, informal] An unemployment benefit cheque.
Who is Giro?
Giro is a Latin Grammy nominated musician.
- also known as Jorge Manuel López, Jorge López, Jorge Lopez, Giro Lopez
- nationality: Puerto Rico
- profession: Musician
- member of musical group Los Chicos de Puerto Rico (Vocals)
- read more about Giro (singer)
Phrases with Giro
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Giro
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by REV. H. F. TOZER
' primo giro is the first or fundamental ...
Meeting the Challenge of Major Sports Events by Richard Holt, Dino Ruta
Political impact The Giro is a one-of-a-kind communication tool. It has a tremendous impact on the media and generates intense involvement in host communities. Local administrators can benefit greatly from an investment in the Giro, with the ...
An international post office Giro is the cheaper way, but this is sent through the postal service and may take a few days to reach the recipient. The post office can also send your cash within minutes to almost anywhere in the world through ...
Payment Systems (1995)
Principles, Practice, and Improvements by David B. Humphrey
The GlROs in Western Europe are connected to one another and to SWIFT (a world-wide large value -' GIRO is a Greek word meaning to travel in a circle and reflects the flow of funds around a ring, or a network of payors and payees.
by Bombay (India : State)
Kabzd- giro is a mortgage in which the mortgagee receives possession of the thing pledged. This form of mortgage includes two distinct arrangements. Under one of these the mortgagee has possession of the thing pledged without the use of it ...
The author, giro is a professor of economics at arvard University, has collected these reprints in order to render accessible technical matter as a matter of paramount intent to the public. as well as to facilitate the work of the college instructor.
by John Clark
giro Banking system by means of which money may be transferred from one bank ...
A Dictionary of Accounting (2016)
by Jonathan Law
giro. 1. A banking arrangement for clearing and settling small payments that has been used in Europe for many years. In 1968 the Post Office set up the UK National Girobank (subsequently Girobank plc) as a system for settling debts between ...
by Donald Rutherford
giro. (310) A system for transferring bank deposits long used in most European countries and offered as a service by the British Post Office from 1968 and by British clearing banks shortly afterwards. Instead of a transfer being effected by a ...
documentos contra pago draft Tratte, Wechsel traite giro, letra draft ...
Over 2,600 Essential Financial Terms by Simon Briscoe, Jane Fuller
balloon | bank giro credit See also: common stock, mutual fund, preferred stock 107. balloon. The final payment on a loan that is significantly larger than those preceding it.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Giro
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Giro
Click on an item to view that photo:
Giro Factor Road Shoe
Limited Edition Rapha Condor Sharp team shoe
Photo credit: Glory Cycles
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Giro
Click on an item to play that video:
- Giro Meaning
Video shows what giro means. A transfer of funds between different account holders, carried out by the bank according to payer's written instructions.
- Giro Meaning
Video shows what Giro means. The Giro d'Italia.. Giro Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say Giro. Powered by MaryTTS ...
- Giro 2015 - Description de l'Etape 18
See also the pronunciation examples of Giro!
Scrabble value of G2I1R1O1
The value of this 4-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of GIRO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Giro!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Giro to see it in context!