The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun goody:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun goody
- Other definitions of goody
- Phrases with Goody
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Goody
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Goody
- Photos about Goody
- Videos about Goody
- Quotes about Goody
- Scrabble value of G2O1O1D2Y4
- Anagrams of GOODY
- Share this page
The word goody is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun goody
What does goody mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: goodies
- something considered choice to eat
- examples: You are a goody-goody. | I can't stand those goody-goody types. | He's a little goody two-shoes.
- lexical domain: Foods & Drinks - nouns denoting foods and drinks
- synonyms of goody: dainty / delicacy / kickshaw / treat
- more generic words: aliment / alimentation / nourishment / nutriment / nutrition / sustenance / victuals = a source of materials to nourish the body
- more specific terms:
- choice morsel / tidbit / titbit = a small tasty bit of food
- savoury / savory = an aromatic or spicy dish served at the end of dinner or as an hors d'oeuvre
- confection / sweet = a food rich in sugar
- ambrosia / nectar = the food and drink of the gods
- gelatin / jelly = an edible jelly (sweet or pungent) made with gelatin and used as a dessert or salad base or a coating for foods
- bone marrow / marrow = very tender and very nutritious tissue from marrowbones
Alternative definition of the noun goody
- A small amount of something good to eat.
- Any small, usually free, item.
- [obsolete] shortening of goodwife, a 17th century puritan honorific.
Other definitions of goody
What does goody also mean?
- Used to indicate pleasure or delight.
- Goody a.k.a. Matthew Goode: Matthew William Goode is an English actor. His notable films include Chasing Liberty, Match Point, Imagine Me and You, Brideshead Revisited, Watchmen, A Single Man, Leap Year, and Stoker. In 2014, he joined the cast of the CBS legal drama The Good Wife as Finn Polmar.
- read more about Matthew Goode (actor)
- Goody a.k.a. Paul Goodison: Paul Martin Goodison MBE is an English sailor.
- read more about Paul Goodison
- Goody a.k.a. Goodman Ace, born Goodman Aiskowitz, was an American humourist, radio writer and comedian, television writer, and magazine columnist.
- read more about Goodman Ace (comedian)
- Goody a.k.a. Stephen Goodman is an actor.
- read more about Stephen Goodman (actor)
Goody is a brand of hair-styling products owned by Newell Rubbermaid.
Goody is a fictional character from the 2012 film Vamps.
"Goody" is a classic platformer arcade game developed by Gonzalo "Gonzo" Suárez and released in 1987 by the Spanish company Opera Soft.
- mode: Single-player video game
- designer: Gonzalo Suárez
- developer: Gonzalo Suárez
- genres: Platform game, Action game, Strategy video game, Arcade game
- publisher: Opera Soft
- released in (29 years ago)
Goody a.k.a. Goody, Kentucky: Goody is an unincorporated community in Pike County, Kentucky, United States. Their post office closed in August 1996.
- read more about Goody, Kentucky
Goody is an Irish dessert-like dish made by boiling bread in milk with sugar and spices. This dish is eaten on St. John's Eve.
Goody is a website.
- official website: stateofillinois.us/people/Goody
Phrases with Goody
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Goody
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Jane Austen and Children (2010)
by David Selwyn
Goody is a model ofpatience and Christian self- denial ...
by William Shakespeare
Goody is an Epithet carries no very great Compliment with it and Neftor seems here to be § Deference to Agamemnon's State and Preheminence. The old ks ...
RED SEA SCROLLS (2014)
by Trebor St. Dragon
Goody is a visiting professor of the Libertarian Theological Institute and is recognized as a spokesman for positive thinking of Christian belief throughout the Western world. Secondly, is Dwight Exxon Spickabull, an outspoken critic of ...
Recent Books of Recognized Merit by Alethea Helbig, Agnes Perkins
GOODY HALL (Babbitt*, Natalie, ill. author, Farrar, 1971), light mystery novel set in the nineteenth century in a village some one hundred miles ...
Giving the Derivation, Source, Or Origin of Common Phrases, Allusions, and Words that Have a Tale to Tell by Ebenezer Cobham Brewer
Goody is good-wife, Chaucer's good- lel'c : as, Goody Dobsou. Good-woman means the mistress of the house, contracted sometimes into gommer. as good- man is into gomman. (#•»• GOODMAN.) Goody Blake. A poor old wonmn who was ...
Heinemann English Dictionary (2001)
by Martin Manser
goodie goodie noun > GOODY. goodish adjective fairly good or fairly big. good- looking adjective having an attractive face. goodly adjective (goodlier; goodliest) an old word for large or pleasant. good-natured adjective having a pleasant ...
by William D. Crump
While your Saintship waxes holy, year by year, and roly-poly, Blessed by all the lads and lassies in the limits of the land, While your toes at home you're toasting, then poor Goody must go posting Out to plant and prune and garner, where our ...
A Dialectical Lexicon of Terms by Barry Sandywell
Goody, J., ed., Literacy in Traditional Societies (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1968). Goody, J., The Domestication of the Savage Mind ( Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1977). Goody, J., The Interface Between the Written ...
London Encyclopaedia; Or, Universal Dictionary of Science, Art, Literature and Practical Mechanics (1829)
Comprising a Popular View of the Present State of Knowledge
Goody, n.s. Corrupted from good wife. A low term of civility used to mean persons . Soft, goody sheep, then said the fox, not so; Unto the king so rash you may not go.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Goody
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Goody
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Goody
Click on an item to play that video:
- Goody Meaning
Video shows what goody means. Used to indicate pleasure or delight.. Goody Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say goody.
- Socke vs GoOdy - ESL Pro Series - Starcraft 2 Gamescom
See the rest of the matches as they are uploaded here...
- Starcraft 2: Tarson vs Goody ESL Go4SC2 November Finals Game 4 - FTW Broadcasting
Starcraft 2: Tarson vs Goody ESL Go4SC2 November Finals Game 4 - FTW Broadcasting "For The Win" FTWBroadcasting "For The Win" Hot Starcraft 2 Action, ...
- GoOdy vs Daisy - ESL Pro Series - Starcraft 2 Gamescom
See the rest of the matches as they are uploaded here...
- Starcraft 2 HD - TheLitteOne (T) vs GoOdy (T) - ESL - Game 2 p1/2
- [cSc] BinGo vs [Esceu] Goody ESL Euroseries TvT Starcraft 2 HotS
- Goody Triathlon Course Description
Know the course!
See also the pronunciation examples of Goody!
Quotes about Goody
Scrabble value of G2O1O1D2Y4
The value of this 5-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine