On this page:
- Gord a.k.a. Gordon Nixon: Gordon M. "Gord" Nixon, CM, O.Ont is a Canadian business executive and investment banker. He was the President, CEO and Director of Royal Bank of Canada, from 2001 to 2014.
- read more about Gordon Nixon
- Gord a.k.a. Gordon Kannegiesser: Gordon Cameron "Gord" Kannegiesser is a retired Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman who played 23 games in the National Hockey League for the St. Louis Blues.
- read more about Gordon Kannegiesser
- Gord is a fictional character from the 1987 anime TV series Zillion.
- Gord is a fictional character from the 2011 film Detention.
There are other characters with in their name, like Gord Martineau.
- Gord: A gord is a medieval Slavonic fortified settlement, also occasionally known as a burgwall or Slavic burgwall after the German term for such sites. The ancient peoples were known for building wooden fortified settlements. The reconstructed Centum-satem isogloss word for such a settlement is g'herdh, gordъ, related to the Germanic *gard and *gart. This Proto-Slavic word for town or city, later differentiated into grad, gard, gorod, etc.
- GORD a.k.a. Gastroesophageal reflux disease, gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, gastric reflux disease, acid reflux disease, or reflux is a chronic symptom of mucosal damage caused by stomach acid coming up from the stomach into the esophagus.
- read more about Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Gord is a radio spot.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Gord
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Marnix Jansen, Nicholas A. Wright
“GORD is a condition that develops when the reflux of stomach contents...
Key Points for Primary Care by Greg Rubin, Roger Jones, Jim Price, Richard Stevens
GORD is a chronic and relapsing condition. Long-standing GORD is associated with the development of intestinal metaplasia in the oesophagus (Barrett's oesophagus), which in turn is a precursor of oesophageal adenocarcinoma.
by Paolo Palange, Anita K. Simonds
GORD is a common disorder caused by the reflux of gastric contents into the oesophagus because of impaired function ofthe LOS and may result in...
Essential Surgical Practice (2013)
Higher Surgical Training in General Surgery by Alfred Cuschieri, George Hanna
GORD is a chronic, relapsing condition and is one of the commonest reasons for attending primary care. There is a clinical spectrum of disease severity, encompassing patients with mild symptoms to those who require surgical intervention to ...
Learning Disabilities (2011)
Towards Inclusion by Helen Atherton, Debbie Crickmore
(GORD). GORD is a condition which involves the backward flow of stomach contents into the oesophagus (throat) resulting in a burning sensation ...
by Gayle McKenzie, Tanya Porter
Gastro- oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) GORD is a backflow of gastric or duodenal contents into the oesophagus that occurs when the oesophageal sphincter does not close ...
Helicobactor pylori (2003)
by R.H. Hunt, Guido Tytgat
pylori infection protects from gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD), and that eradicating the infection may provoke GORD". GORD is a disease with a multifactorial pathogenesis.
Gastroenterology on the Move (2015)
by Arash Assadsangabi, Lucy Carroll, Andrew Irvine
Although GORD is a clinical diagnosis, urgent upper GI endoscopy should be considered in any patients with 'red flag' symptoms and/or early-onset persistent dyspepsia in those over 55 (see MICRO-facts box in Chapter 5). Barrett's ...
by Roger Jones (Prof.)
Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease GORD is an interesting cause of cough because it is asymptomatic from a gastrointestinal point of view in up to 75 per cent of cases of chronic cough in which it is the cause.' 18) The diagnosis is complex ...
by Sir George Watt
Gord, the two millets — gondii and mdrud, and maize — are the stand-by of the rayats during the three months (Bhddra, AsTein, and Kdrtic) previous to the great winter paddy harvest. Rotation. — Gord takes part in two distinct rotations, both of ...
A Dictionary of Dentistry (2010)
by Robert Ireland
GORD. n. See GASTROOESOPHAGEAL REFLUX DISEASE. GoreTex®. n. The trade name for a thin porous fluoropolymer membrane used in *guided tissue regeneration. Gorlin's.
Concise Medical Dictionary (2015)
by Elizabeth Martin
GORD. see GASTROOESOPHAGEAL REFLUX DISEASE. Gordon's. syndrome. ( pseudohypoaldosteronism type II, chloride shunt syndrome) an autosomal * dominant condition associated with increased chloride absorption in the distal tubule ...
Supernatural and Science Fiction Elements in Novels, Pulps, Comics, Films, Television and Games, 2d ed. by Paul Green
Air date: February 7, 1994; Guest Cast: Jonathan Banks as Mako, Deanna Milligan as Laura Daniels, Lochlyn Munro as Tim, Howard Storey as Sheriff; Producer: Ken Gord; Story: Peter Mohan; Director: ...
A comprehensive pronouncing and explanatory dictionary of the English language, with vocabularies of classical, scripture, and modern geographical names (1858)
by Joseph Emerson Worcester
Gourd, (gord or gfird) [gSrd, S. P. J. E. Ja. K.; gord or gbrd, ...
by George Fulton, George Knight (of Edinburgh.)
big-bellied Gord, gord, n. an instrument of gaming Gore, gore, n. clotted blood — v. to pierce with horns Gorge, g6rge, «. the throat — v. to glut ; to satiate Gorgeous, gor'gus, a. fine ; showy ; glittering Gorgeously, gor'gus-ly, adv. finely Gorget, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Gord
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Gord
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video language resources about Gord
Click on an item to play that video:
- GORD Meaning
Video shows what GORD means. Gastro- Oesophageal Reflux Disease. GORD Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say GORD.
- Gord Meaning
Video shows what gord means. An instrument of gaming, a sort of dice.. Gord Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say gord. Powered ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Gord!
Scrabble value of G2O1R1D2
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Gord to see it in context!