Goth appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- A Goth saw Ada wash toga.
- A Goth saw Anna wash toga.
- A goth toga party, Amy, may trap a goth toga.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun Goth:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun goth
- Definition of the adjective goth
- Phrases with Goth
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Goth
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Goth
- Photos about Goth
- Video language resources about Goth
- Quotes about Goth
- Scrabble value of G2O1T1H4
- Anagrams of GOTH
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun goth
What does goth mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- goth: goths
- Goth: Goths
- a crude uncouth ill-bred person lacking culture or refinement
- one of the Teutonic people who invaded the Roman Empire in the 3rd to 5th centuries
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- more generic word: Teuton = a member of the ancient Germanic people who migrated from Jutland to southern Gaul and were annihilated by the Romans
- more specific words:
Alternative definition of the noun goth
- [uncountable] A punk-derived subculture of people who predominately dress in black.
- [uncountable] [music] A style of glam rock influenced punk rock; gothic rock.
- [countable] A person who is part of the goth subculture.
Definition of the adjective goth
What does goth mean as an attribute of a noun?
- Relating to this music or these people.
- "Goth": Chrissy and her boyfriend Boone are two Gothic teenagers living in L.A. who have seen and done it all. As the sun goes down, they get ready for a hardcore concert at the local club. The night takes a gruesome turn when they run into a savage, darkly beautiful woman with a taste for pain and sexual deviance. She represents the darkest, most depraved end of this subculture; for her, it is not just superficial costumes and makeup but a way of life that thrives on murder and madness.
- "Goth": Set in the faceless suburbs of Tokyo, a serial killer has been murdering young women, severing their left hands and leaving their bodies artistically posed in easy to find locations. His antics catch the eye of two high school students, the beautiful loner Morni and the popular, seemingly-happy Kamiyama. Both teens harbor a disturbing fascination with death, murder and human cruelty. After Morino finds what she believes to be the killer’s notebook, the two attempt to track him down, not to bring him t justice, but to be able to see the corpses before the police. Inevitably, the closer they come to the killer and his victims, the more they put themselves at risk, testing the limits of their shared obsession.
Goth: Goth: The Game of Horror Trivia, also known as Goth: A Game of Pure Gothic Horror, is a board game where progress is determined by a player's ability to answer horror-related trivia and popular culture questions. The game was invented by Matthew Nuccio, designed and developed by Design Edge Inc, and manufactured in 2002 by McNutty Games. The board is a graveyard with four plots representing each of the four player's starting points. It contains 200 double-sided trivia cards with five questions per side, providing a total of 2,000 questions. A die, four playing pieces, and 52 tombstones are included.
- genres: Party game, Roll and move
- Goth is a fictional character from the book Silverwing.
- Goth is a fictional character from the play Titus Andronicus.
- Goth is a fictional cannibal bat who is the primary antagonist of the Silverwing series. He made his debut in the 1997 novel Silverwing, and reappeared in its sequels: Sunwing, and Firewing.
- Goth is a fictional character from the 2002 film Voodoo Tailz.
- Goth is a fictional character from the 2008 film Tenure.
- Goth is a fictional character from the 2014 film Life's a bitch.
- Goth is a fictional character from the 2002 film 24 Hour Party People.
- Goth is a fictional character from the 2012 animation film After School Midnighters.
- Goth is a fictional character from the 1998 film A Night at the Roxbury.
- Goth is a fictional character from the 2012 animation film After School Midnighters.
- Goth is a fictional character from the 1964 film 633 Squadron.
- Goth is a fictional character from the 1994 film Shallow Grave.
There are other characters with in their name, like Goth Girl.
"Goth" is a musical EP of Baterz.
- Goth is a Japanese novel written by Otsuichi about two high school students fascinated by murder. The novel won the Honkaku Mystery Grand Prize in 2003. It was adapted into a manga by Kendi Oiwa. Both were published in Japan by Kadokawa, and were published in English by Tokyopop in October and September, 2008. In 2008, the novel was adapted into a live action movie directed by Gen Takahashi. Also, Fox Atomic has announced that the novel will be made into a feature film directed by J.T. Petty.
- also known as GOTH 斷掌事件
- Goth a.k.a. The Gothic alphabet is an alphabet for writing the Gothic language, created in the 4th century by Ulfilas for the purpose of translating the Bible.
- Goth means village in Sindhi language. Goth is a prefix or postfix in village names in Sindh, Pakistan.
Phrases with Goth
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Goth
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The goth Bible (2004)
A Compendium for the Darkly Inclined by Nancy Kilpatrick
Every goth is an individual first and foremost, adamantly defending that position. Yet lurking within such...
The Paranormal Seduction of Today's Kids by Marcia Montenegro
Goth is a social subculture that arose from the Punk movement in the late 1970s, which is why body piercing and hair dyeing are common to both. Some Goths are into Wicca or Eastern beliefs, though for the most part they tend to be agnostic.
Goth Craft (2007)
The Magickal Side of Dark Culture by Raven Digitalis
More than a fad, more than a romantic fashion statement, more than a global cultural phenomenon, Goth is a living art form...
Consumer Tribes (2012)
by Bernard Cova, Robert Kozinets, Avi Shankar
Goth is an interesting case of study which defies traditional subcultural classifications. Rather than just working class, it attracts members from across the social spectrum. Rather than a youth culture it consists of members of all ages, young ...
by Simon J Bronner
Goth. Images. in. Popular. Culture. Goth bands like Siouxsie and the Banshees and the Cure enjoyed mainstream success in the 1980s, but it was not until the late 1990s that the label ...
by Walter Whiter
Thu, (Goth. Sax. Isl.) Du, (Dan. Belg. Swed. and Germ.) To, (Pers.) Toui, (Russ.) Ti , Tau, Dy, (Welsh,) Tu, (Ir. and Gal.)...
Goth. Welsh, Arm. Corn.) Te or You, quasi Je, Ge, Jou, Gou. In Hebrew, likewise, Ata, At mean Thou; in Armoric, Az means ...
Encyclopaedia Metropolitana; Or, Universal Dictionary of Knowledge on an Original Plan Comprising the Twofold Advantage of a Philosophical and an Alphabetical Arrangement, with Appropriate Engravings Edited by Edward Smedley, Hugh James Rose, Henry John Rose (1845)
Miscellaneous and lexicographical, vol. 2
Goth. skoidan ,- A. S. sceadan. To distinguish, disjoin, divide or sever, to sheade. Somner. Ger. schieden ,- Dutch, scheeden ,- Swe. skygga. A shade, is ( something, any thing,) secluded, sepaated, retired ; that by which we are separated from ...
An Encyclopedia by Claudia Mitchell, Jacqueline Reid-Walsh
Goth influences continue into the modern day, as many horror movies have picked up and expanded on these themes and characters.
by James R. Lewis
GOTH SUBCULTURE. In the aftermath ofthe murders of twelve students and a teacher at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado, by two fellow students in April 1999, the media scrambled for simplistic explanations for the tragedy.
Comprising the History, Institutions and Antiquities of the Christian Church, from the Time of the Apostles to the Age of Charlemagne by William Smith, Samuel Cheetham
Goth. 228); "De- scendat inaestimabilis gloriae Tuae Spiritus, . . . ut flat oblatio nostra hostia spiritalis " (Gall. Vet. 335); " Rogamus uti hoc sacrificium tua benedictione benedicas et Sancti Spiritus rore perfundas" (M.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Goth
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Goth
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: mitzu_iulian2000
Photo credit: maveric2003
Photo credit: angermann
- Goth Almighty
Photo credit: mendhak
- Goth Glade
Near Fernworthy Reservoir.
Photo credit: Gruenemann
- Goth oil
Photo credit: librarianishish
- Goth Maids
Photo credit: Zabowski
- Goth Point
Eddie's Cafe is totally goth... so say the stickers.
Photo credit: bovinity
- Goth femal BJD
A goth femal ball jointed doll
Photo credit: Frédéric de Villamil
- Goth Benatar
Photo credit: Stevie Rocco
- Goth Faerie
Photo credit: xlordashx
- Goth Kids at Gothic cross
Lilith and Tweak posed for a shot in front of the large stone gothic cross on Augusta's Riverwalk.
Photo credit: Clevergrrl
- Goth bar dress-code, Camden, London
Photo credit: gruntzooki
- Goth rva
Gothic balusters stair remodel near Wdynham Va
Photo credit: Crown Molding
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Goth
Click on an item to play that video:
- Goth Clothing & Lifestyle : The Meaning of Being Gothic
Being Gothic means having an alternative view of world, finding individuality, questioning authority and expressing personality through a specific fashion.
- Goth Meaning
Video shows what Goth means. A member of the East Germanic tribe, who invaded the Roman Empire in the 3rd to 5th centuries.. Uncivilized person, barbarian ...
- Goth Meaning
Video shows what goth means. A punk-derived subculture of people who predominately dress in black.. A style of punk rock influenced by glam rock; gothic rock.
- New Slang - Stay Goth
An official videoptic release from New Slang's 2011 mixtape "Screw Slang Vol. 2", available for free download here (courtesy of the Gebbz Steelo Boutique): ...
- HOW TO FIND BELLA GOTH ON THE SIMS 2. (Description!)
DISCLAIMER------ This is not the real Bella, it's EA's Strangetown clone. If you want the REAL Bella Goth, you must be in Pleasantview and/or on the Goth family ...
View more videos about Goth Up.
See also the pronunciation examples of Goth!
Quotes about Goth
Scrabble value of G2O1T1H4
The value of this 4-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of GOTH
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Goth!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Goth to see it in context!