On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun gross anatomy
What does gross anatomy mean as a name of something?
- the study of the structure of the body and its parts without the use of a microscope
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonym of gross anatomy: macroscopic anatomy
- more generic terms: anatomy / general anatomy = the branch of morphology that deals with the structure of animals
- more specific term: dental anatomy = the branch of gross anatomy concerning with the morphology of teeth
Alternative definition of the noun gross anatomy
- [anatomy] The study of large-scale anatomy, especially that which may be seen by the unaided eye.
Specialised definition of the noun gross anatomy
Glossary of sports
the study of the structure of the body that can be seen without the use of a microscope (2006. Dictionary of Sport and Exercise Science. A&C Black Publishers Ltd)
"Gross Anatomy" is a 1989 American drama film directed by Thom Eberhardt and starring Matthew Modine, Daphne Zuniga and Christine Lahti. It was released by Touchstone Pictures.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Debra Hill & Howard Rosenman
- Daphne Zuniga as Laurie Rorbach
- Matthew Modine as Joe Slovak
- Christine Lahti as Dr. Rachel Woodruff
- Zakes Mokae as Dr. Banumbra
- Todd Field as David Schreiner
- John Scott Clough as Miles Reed
- Robert Desiderio as Dr. Banks
- Alice Carter as Kim McCauley
- Clyde Kusatsu as Interviewing Professor #1
- John Petlock as Interviewing Professor #2
- J. Patrick McNamara as Interviewing Professor #3
- Jan Munroe as Interviewing Professor #4
- Kay E. Kuter as Lecturing Professor #1
- Michael Flanagan as Lecturing Professor #2
- Don Perry as Lecturing Professor #3
- J. C. Quinn as Papa Slovak
- Rutanya Alda as Mama Slovak
- Brandis Kemp as Aunt Rose
- Ryan Cash as Frankie Slovak
- Angus MacInnes as Dean Torrence
- Lisa Zane as Luann
- Alison Taylor as Cynthia Wilkes
- Michael Stoyanov as Joel Cleaver
- Max Perlich as Ethan Cleaver
- Bruce Beatty as Kelly
- John Short as Resident
- Steven Culp as Jerry Fanning Forrester
- Scott Allan Campbell as Ed McCauley
- Elizabeth Gilliam as Nina McCauley
- Gordon Clapp as Doctor
- Jack Murdock as Old Man Patient
- Kimberly Scott as Nurse Louise
- Diane Robin as Waitress
- Rick Goldman as Truck Driver
- Tom Kurlander as Student #1
- Susanne Goldstein as Student #2
- Beth Hogan as Marie
- O. LaRon Clark as Food Server
- Russell Bobbitt as Gunshot Victim
- Frank Torres as Gang Member
- Bill E. Rogers as Cop #1
- Frank Foti Jr. as Cop #2
- Pola Del Mar as Gang Member's Mother
- Jesse Anthony Gonzalez as Gang Member's Father
- Arlin Miller
- Greg Finley
- Paige Pollack
- Catherine Cavadini
- Steve Alterman
- David Randolph
- music by David Newman
- genres: Romance Film, Romantic comedy, Comedy-drama, Comedy, Drama
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released on (25 years ago)
"Gross anatomy" is a book by Charley Friedman.
- also known as "Gross anatomy = Anatomía completa"
Gross anatomy, also called topographical anatomy, is the study of anatomy at the macroscopic level. In addition to its usual meaning, the term gross is also important in the history of the study of anatomy, referring to Dr. Samuel D. Gross, one of America's most distinguished and influential surgeons, physicians, anatomists, authors, and teachers. Other branches of anatomy include embryology and neuroanatomy.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Gross Anatomy
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Poly Mary
Gross anatomy The branch of anatomy that deals with structures that can be studied without using a microscope. Also called macroscopic anatomy. Growth An increase in size due to an increase in the number of cells or an increase in the size ...
by Virginia P. Studdert, Clive C. Gay, Douglas C. Blood
see gross anatomy (above). microscopica.anatomy revealed by microscopy; includeshistologyand cytology. morbid a.anatomy ofdiseased tissues. Called also pathological anatomy, ...
by Thomas Lathrop Stedman
Dalley, II, PhD Gross Anatomy Professor, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Director, Medical Gross Anatomy, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, ...
Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions - Australian & New Zealand Edition (2014)
by Peter Harris, Sue Nagy, Nicholas Vardaxis
gross anatomy, the study of the organs or parts of the body large enough to be seen with the naked eye. Also called macroscopic anatomy. Grossman principle, in tomography, the principle that when the fulcrum or axis ...
by Joseph Segen
See Gross anatomy, Regional anatomy, Surgical anatomy ANCA Antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody, see there anchor suture Surgery A small suture used for ligament repair of small joints. See Suture anchovy paste appearance Parasitology ...
m rommet Gronblad-Strandberg syndrome gm grooved pegboard test Groshong catheter gm gross anatomy Grossman principle gross motor skills gross sensory testing gross visual skills ground grounding pad ground itch ground state Emil ...
Encyclopedia of the Eye (2010)
by Joseph Besharse, Reza Dana
Conclusions See also Glossary Further Reading Embryology and Early Patterning Embryology Early Patterning Conclusions See also Glossary Further Reading Extraocular Muscles: Extraocular Muscle Anatomy Gross Anatomy of the EOM ...
Character Evolutionary Divergence of Placental Mammals The Classification of Mammals Domestication See also Further Reading MAMMARY GLAND | Anatomy Introduction Gross Anatomy Supporting Structures Microscopic Anatomy Teat ...
gross anatomy See anatomy, gross. gross hematuria See hematuria, gross.
Inferior Flocculonodular lobe: Nodulus Primary fissure Flocculus Hemisphere Dentate nucleus Emboliform nucleus Fastigial nucleus Globose nucleus Tonsil Tonsil Posterolateral fissure Figure 1 The gross anatomy of the human cerebellum, ...
by Jeffrey Wayne Vincoli
gross anatomy That portion of anatomy which involves the bodily features apparent to ...
by James H. Stramler, Jr.
accommodate the user' s fingers gross adjustment see primary positioning movement gross anatomy that portion of anatomy which involves the bodily features apparent to the naked eye gross body coordination the ability to integrate motion ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Gross Anatomy
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Gross Anatomy
If you need images about Gross Anatomy for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video about Gross Anatomy
Gross anatomy Meaning
Video shows what gross anatomy means. The study of large-scale anatomy, especially that which may be seen by the unaided eye.. Gross anatomy Meaning.
See also the pronunciation examples of Gross Anatomy!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Gross Anatomy to see it in context!