Grosse Pointe Blank
On this page:
"Grosse Pointe Blank" is a 1997 American comedy crime film directed by George Armitage, and starring John Cusack, Minnie Driver, Alan Arkin and Dan Aykroyd. The film received positive reviews from critics. The soundtrack, produced by Joe Strummer, features mainly independent music from the 1980s.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Lata Ryan, Roger Birnbaum, Jonathan Glickman
- executive producers: Jonathan Glickman & Lata Ryan
- production design by Stephen Altman
- art direction by Scott Meehan
- written by Tom Jankiewicz, D.V. DeVincentis, Steve Pink & John Cusack
- based on a story by Tom Jankiewicz
- John Cusack as Martin Q. Blank
- Minnie Driver as Debi Newberry
- Alan Arkin as Dr. Oatman
- Dan Aykroyd as Grocer
- Joan Cusack as Marcella
- Hank Azaria as Steven Lardner
- K. Todd Freeman as Kenneth McCullers
- Jeremy Piven as Paul Spericki
- Mitchell Ryan as Mr. Bart Newberry
- Michael Cudlitz as Bob Destepello
- Benny Urquidez as Felix La PuBelle
- Belita Moreno
- Jenna Elfman as Tanya
- Barbara Harris
- casting by Junie Lowry-Johnson & Ron Surma
- cinematography by Jamie Anderson
- edited by Brian Berdan
- music by Joe Strummer
- costume design by Eugenie Bafaloukos
- set decoration by Chris L. Spellman
- locations: Grosse Pointe, John Marshall High School
- genres: Romantic comedy, Black comedy, Thriller, Crime Fiction, Romance Film, Comedy Thriller, Comedy
- subject: Psychotherapist
- A comedy about a hit man, a high school reunion, and the girl he left behind.
- Even a hit man deserves a second shot.
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (18 years ago)
"Grosse Pointe Blank" a.k.a. "Grosse Pointe Blank: More Music From the Film" is a musical album of Crooked X, soundtrack.
- read more about Grosse Pointe Blank: More Music From the Film
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Grosse Pointe Blank
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Detours and Lost Highways (1999)
A Map of Neo-noir by Foster Hirsch
Grosse Pointe Blank is a one-joke movie that ultimately cancels itself out, eviscerated by its infatuation with its own nonchalance. As it tries to overturn ...
Sixth Edition by David Thomson
;Grosse Pointe Blank (97,George Armitage);very goodinFourDays in ...
by Marty McGee
Grosse Pointe Blank (¡997, S); Face/O› (¡997, S); Hush (¡ 998, ...
by Jerry Roberts
Grosse Pointe Blank ( 1997), and the remake The Big Bounce (2004). HotRod, which Armitage also wrote, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Grosse Pointe Blank
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Grosse Pointe Blank
Grosse Pointe Blank by the light of the Xmas Tree
Photo credit: SanFranAnnie