- Gulzar: Sampooran Singh Kalra, known popularly by his pen name Gulzar, is an Indian poet, lyricist and film director. Born in Jhelum District in British India, his family moved to India after partition. He started his career as a lyricist in the 1963 film Bandini and worked with many music directors including R. D. Burman, Salil Choudhury, Vishal Bhardwaj and A. R. Rahman. He directed films such as Aandhi and Mausam and TV series during the 1970s and 1980s.
- also known as Gulzar Bhai, Gulzar Deenvi, Gulzar Saab, Sampooran Singh Kalra, Gulazara
- born on (80 years ago) in Dina, Pakistan, child of Makhan Singh Kalra and Sujan Kaur
- nationality: India
- profession: Screenwriter, film director, lyricist, poet, actor, mechanic, television director, film score composer, film producer, author
- read more about Gulzar (poet)
- Gulzar is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Gulzar (actor)
There are other people with Gulzar in their name, like Gulzar Alam, Gulzar Khan, Jimmy Gulzar, Meghna Gulzar, Rehana Gulzar, gulzar lahoria, Raakhee Gulzar, gulzar ahmad butt, Gulzar Ahmed Bhat, Phoenix Chi Gulzar and many others.
Gulzar is a fictional character from the 2012 drama film Valley of the Saints.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Gulzar
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
From the Rise of Al-Qaeda to 9/11 and Beyond by Jan Goldman Ph.D.
Mohammed Gulzar, who was accused of being an international terrorist and of being the superintendent of the plot. At the end of the original trial in September 2008, Ali, Sarwar, and Hussain were found guilty of conspiring to commit murder, ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology - 3 Volume Set by Umberto Quattrocchi
Ajmal Khan and Salman Gulzar, “Light, salinity, and temperature effects on the seed germination ...
A Dictionary of Film Studies (2012)
by Annette Kuhn, Guy Westwell
Val science fiction Guillermin, Iohn cycle; disaster film Gulzar adaptation Giiney , Yilmaz Turkey, film in Gunnlaugsson, Hrfan Iceland, film in Guttenplan, Howard travel film Guy, Alice France, film in Guzman, Patricio Chile, film in; documentary ...
A Dictionary of First Names (2006)
by Patrick Hanks, Kate Hardcastle, Flavia Hodges
Gulzar Muslim name, from Persian: 'rose garden'.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Gulzar
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Gulzar
Flowers by the Gulzar
Photo credit: wallygrom
Video language resources about Gulzar
Click on an item to play that video:
- Gulzar reveals the meaning behind 'Bidi Jalaile'
Watch Gulzar, Vishal Bhardwaj, and Suresh Wadkar at the music launch of album 'Barse Barse'. Gulzaar speaks about the meaning behind his songs 'Beedi', ...
- Real meaning of Sikhan de 12 vajane By Bhai Gulzar Singh
- Bollywood News | Gulzar Speaks About Meaning Of Calligraphy
Watch Bollywood News | Gulzar Speaks About Meaning Of Calligraphy Enjoy all the latest online news and gossip from Bollywood and know more about your ...
- Gulzar Sahab talks about the play 'Yudhishtir & Draupadi' in Hindustani language
See also the pronunciation examples of Gulzar!
Scrabble value of G2U1L1Z10A1R1
The value of this 6-letter word is 16 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Gulzar to find many related words and phrases!