- Gulzar: Sampooran Singh Kalra, known popularly by his pen name Gulzar, is an Indian poet, lyricist and film director. Born in Jhelum District in British India, his family moved to India after partition. He started his career as a lyricist in the 1963 film Bandini and worked with many music directors including R. D. Burman, Salil Choudhury, Vishal Bhardwaj and A. R. Rahman. He directed films such as Aandhi and Mausam and TV series during the 1970s and 1980s.
- also known as Gulzar Bhai, Gulzar Deenvi, Gulzar Saab, Sampooran Singh Kalra, Gulazara
- born on (80 years ago) in Dina, Pakistan, child of Makhan Singh Kalra and Sujan Kaur
- nationality: India
- profession: Screenwriter, film director, lyricist, poet, actor, mechanic, television director, film score composer, film producer, author
- read more about Gulzar (poet)
- Gulzar is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Gulzar (actor)
There are other people with Gulzar in their name, like Gulzar Khan, Jimmy Gulzar, Meghna Gulzar, Rehana Gulzar, gulzar lahoria, Raakhee Gulzar, Gulzar Ahmed Bhat, Phoenix Chi Gulzar, Gulzar Inder Chahal, mushfiqur rahman gulzar and many others.
Gulzar is a fictional character from the 2012 drama film Valley of the Saints.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Gulzar
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jan Goldman Ph.D.
Mohammed Gulzar, who was accused of being an international terrorist and of being the superintendent of the plot. At the end of the original trial in September 2008, Ali, Sarwar, and Hussain were found guilty of conspiring to commit murder, ...
by Thomas Debener, Serge Gudin
Gulzar HT, dr, 1971; IARI Gumdrop See 'JACgum' ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology - 3 Volume Set by Umberto Quattrocchi
Ajmal Khan and Salman Gulzar, “Light, salinity, and temperature effects on the seed germination ...
Headmen; Taku, Shakal, Gulzar. Mabsid Khel. — A minor fraction of Kalla Khel (700), Ashu Khel, Hassan Khel, Adam Khel, Afridis. Mabuf Khel.
A Dictionary of Film Studies (2012)
by Annette Kuhn, Guy Westwell
a Bollywood musical (Angoor (Gulzar, India, 1982)), and children's animation The Lion King (Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff, US ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Gulzar
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Gulzar
Flowers by the Gulzar
Photo credit: wallygrom
Video about Gulzar
Real meaning of Sikhan de 12 vajane By Bhai Gulzar Singh
See also the pronunciation examples of Gulzar!
Scrabble value of G2U1L1Z10A1R1
The value of this 6-letter word is 16 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Gulzar to find many related words and phrases!