On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun hard steel
What does hard steel mean as a name of something?
- steel with more than 0.3% carbon
"Hard Steel" is a 1942 British drama film directed by Norman Walker and starring Wilfrid Lawson, Betty Stockfeld and John Stuart. It was based on the novel Steel Saraband by Roger Dataller. The film was one of four made by G.H.W. Productions backed by the Rank Organisation. The film follows the rise of an ambitious steel worker as he is appointed to run his local steel mill. He soon outrages the employees with his ruthless behaviour - and his negligence leads to the accidental death of one of the workers. As the Second World War breaks out he realises what he has become, and seeks a chance of redemption.
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producer: James B. Sloan
- art direction by Sidney Gausden
- written by Lydia Hayward
- based on a story by Roger Dataller
- Wilfrid Lawson as Walter Haddon
- Betty Stockfeld as Freda Haddon
- John Stuart as Alan Saunders
- George Carney as Bert Mortimer
- Joan Kemp-Welch as Janet Mortimer
- James Harcourt as Jim Calver
- Frank Atkinson as Dick Sefton
- Arthur Hambling as Mr. Lamport
- John Turnbull as Mr. Rowlandson
- Hay Petrie as Mr. Kissack
- Mignon O'Doherty as Mrs. Kissack
- Philip Godfrey as Forester
- Cameron Hall as Flavell
- Charles Rolfe as Richards
- Kenneth Griffith as Dixon
- cinematography by Claude Friese-Greene
- edited by Sam Simmonds
- music by Percival Mackey
- genre: Drama
- released on (72 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Hard Steel
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopaedia Perthensis; Or Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, &c. Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
Hard steel is the onjy metal, that, being struck slantwise with ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Hard Steel
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Hard Steel
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Anagrams of HARD STEEL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Hard Steel!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Hard Steel to see it in context!