On this page:
- Definition of the noun Harrington
- Phrases with Harrington
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Harrington
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Harrington
- Photos about Harrington
- Videos about Harrington
- Quotes about Harrington
- Scrabble value of H4A1R1R1I1N1G2T1O1N1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Harrington
What does Harrington mean as a name of something?
- A short, light jacket with a zip front and often a tartan lining.
- Harrington is a city in Kent County, Delaware, United States. It is part of the Dover, Delaware Metropolitan Statistical Area. Harrington hosts the annual Delaware State Fair each July. The population was 3,562 at the 2010 census.
- Harrington is a city in Lincoln County, Washington, United States. The population was 424 at the 2010 census. It was named after W.P. Harrington, a banker from Colusa, California who had heavily invested in local land.
- Harrington is a town in Washington County, Maine, United States. The population was 1,004 at the 2010 census. Harrington is an old seafaring and shipbuilding village.
- Harrington is on the Cumbrian coast south of Workington and north of Whitehaven. Its industrial history, which largely ended in the late 1930s, included an iron works, coal mining, and steel making. It once had five railway stations. It still has one station, on the Cumbrian Coast Line, near the harbour.
- also known as Harrington, Cumbria
- part of United Kingdom
- Harrington is a hamlet and civil parish in the East Lindsey district of Lincolnshire, England. It is situated 6 miles south-west from Alford, and 5 miles north-west from Spilsby.
- Harrington is a historic home located at Princess Anne, Somerset County, Maryland, United States. It is a two-story, mid-18th century, frame farm house approximately 30 by 30 feet. It is one of the very few existing two-story frame 18th century farm houses of the area. The land on which the house was built was patented to a Thomas Holbrook, relative of the builder, in 1682 and remained in the Holbrook family for over 120 years.
- Harrington a.k.a. Harrington, Virginia: Harrington is an unincorporated community in Alleghany County, Virginia, United States.
- read more about Harrington, Virginia
- Harrington a.k.a. Harrington, California: Harrington is an unincorporated community in Colusa County, California. It lies at an elevation of 131 feet.
- read more about Harrington, California
- Harrington a.k.a. Harrington railway station serves the village of Harrington in Cumbria, England. It is a request stop on the scenic Cumbrian Coast Line 35 miles south east of Carlisle. It is operated by Northern Rail, which provides all passenger train services.
- part of Europe
- Harrington is a fictional character from Mr. District Attorney.
- Harrington is a fictional character from The Two Worlds of Jennie Logan.
- Harrington is a fictional character from the 1992 film Malcolm X.
- Harrington is a fictional character from the 1982 film Making Love.
- Harrington is a fictional film character.
- Harrington is a fictional character from the 2012 film Home Run Showdown.
- Harrington is a fictional character from the 1927 film Tea for Three.
- Harrington is a fictional film character.
- Harrington a.k.a. Fred Harnett is a fictional character from the film "Thou Shalt Not Lie".
- read more about Fred Harnett
There are other characters with in their name, like Al Harrington, Ben Harrington, Don Harrington, Eve Harrington, Jim Harrington, Mr. Harrington, Rob Harrington, Rod Harrington, Jean Harrington, John Harrington, Helen Harrington, Honor Harrington, James Harrington, Laura Harrington, Major Harrington, Daniel Harrington, Leslie Harrington, Martin Harrington, Robert Harrington and Rodney Harrington.
"Harrington" is an 1817 novel by British novelist Maria Edgeworth. The novel was written in response to a letter from a Jewish-American reader who complained about Edgeworth's stereotypically anti-semitic portrayals of Jews in Castle Rackrent, Belinda, The Absentee, and her Moral Tales for children. The novel is an autobiography of a "recovering anti-Semite", whose youthful prejudices are undone by contact with various Jewish characters, particularly a young woman. It also makes parallels between the religious discrimination of the Jews and the Catholics in Ireland. Set between the Jewish Naturalization Act of 1753 and the Gordon Riots of 1780, the timeframe highlights these connections.
- also known as "Harrington, a tale; and Ormond, a tale"
- Harrington is a school, educational institution.
- Harrington is a website.
- official website: stateofillinois.us/people/Harrington
Phrases with Harrington
- Harrington's Gerbil
- Harrington's Plum-Yew
- Harrington Beardtongue
- Harrington's Beardtongue
- Harrington's Cephalotaxus
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Harrington
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Hello, Sunshine (2017)
by Leila Howland
A Prep School Girl with a Hollywood Dream Becca Harrington is a reject.
Having the Cowboy's Baby (2013)
by Trish Milburn
A New Plan Skyler Harrington is a planner.
The Southwestern Reporter (1913)
Harrington is a resident of Adair ...
by Adrian Millar
CARMEL HARRINGTON Carmel Harrington is an author living in Wexford.
The Low Energy Neurofeedback System by Corydon D. Hammond
Kristen Harrington is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and is affiliated with the Stone Mountain Center. Susan Hicks is a Mathematical Statistician. Address correspondence to: Stephen Larsen, Stone Mountain Center, 475 River ...
The Great Movies (2002)
by Roger Ebert
” Eve Harrington is a universal type.
Health Communication (2014)
Theory, Method, and Application by Nancy Grant Harrington
Nancy Grant Harrington is an important part of that knowledge base, and the chapters congregated within it make unique contributions in many areas relevant to scholars ...
by Larry B. Rainey, Andreas Tolk
James Harrington is a Principal Modeling ...
Bill Harrington is a former production manager at a television station.
by Martin Greenberg
Joyce Harrington is a mainstay of mystery magazines such as MURDER IN ...
Psychoanalysis and Cinema (2013)
by E. Ann Kaplan
Harrington is that sort of spectator who did not believe in the truth of the image.
by John Whale
Implicitly antiBurkean even as it dwells on Burke's moral touchstones — family, inheritance, natural sympathies, and antipathies — Harrington is a critique of the Englishness that Burke opposes to French speculation and innovation. Burke's ...
by Austin Harrington, Barbara L. Marshall, Hans-Peter Müller
Austin Harrington, Barbara L. Marshall, Hans-Peter Müller...
ACTION Austin Harrington ACTOR–NETWORK THEORY Andrew Barry ADORNO, THEODOR WIESENGRUND Brian O'Connor AGE Stephen Katz AGENCY David Jary ...
by Robert Benewick, Philip Green
MICHAEL HARRINGTON identities through human activity as an answer to the Marxian problematic of purely structural 'determination'. Similarly, Hall's later work has been characterized by addressing the issue of ideology through questions ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Harrington
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Harrington
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Harrington
Click on an item to play that video:
- Mads Arp feat. Julie Harrington - The Meaning of Love (chill out)
- Mads Arp feat. Julie Harrington - The Meaning of Love
Mads Arp feat. Julie Harrington - The Meaning of Love.
- 53 Mads Arp Feat. Julie Harrington - The Meaning Of Love
53 Mads Arp Feat. Julie Harrington - The Meaning Of Love provided...
- Crafting a message and using language effectively- Madison Harrington
- Samantha Harrington reflexive verb video
- Download Harrington 4e Text Stedman's 7e Dictionary Buchholz 7e Text PDF
View more videos about Ann Harrington.
See also the pronunciation examples of Harrington!
Quotes about Harrington
Scrabble value of H4A1R1R1I1N1G2T1O1N1
The value of this 10-letter word is 14 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine