On this page:
- "Havana" is a 1990 drama film starring Robert Redford, Lena Olin and Raúl Juliá, directed by Sydney Pollack with music by Dave Grusin. The film's plot concerns Jack Weil, an American professional gambler who decides to visit Havana, Cuba to gamble. En route to Havana, he meets Roberta Duran, the wife of a revolutionary, Arturo. Shortly after their arrival, Arturo is taken away by the secret police, and Roberta is captured and tortured. Jack frees her, but she continues to support the revolution.
- also known as Havanna, Avana, Habana, Hawana
- country: United States of America
- languages: English Language, Spanish Language
- producers: Sydney Pollack & Richard A. Roth
- executive producer: Ronald L. Schwary
- production design by Terence Marsh
- art direction by George Richardson
- written by Judith Rascoe & David Rayfiel
- based on a story by Judith Rascoe
- Robert Redford as Jack Weil
- Lena Olin as Bobby Duran
- Alan Arkin as Joe Volpi
- Tomas Milian as Menocal
- Daniel Davis as Marion Chigwell
- Tony Plana as Julio Ramos
- Betsy Brantley as Diane
- Lise Cutter as Patty
- Richard Farnsworth as Professor
- Mark Rydell as Meyer Lansky
- Vasek Simek as Willy
- Fred Asparagus as Baby Hernandez
- Richard Portnow as Mike MacClaney
- Dion Anderson as Roy Forbes
- Raúl Juliá as Arturo Duran
- casting by Lynn Stalmaster
- cinematography by Owen Roizman
- edited by William Steinkamp & Fredric Steinkamp
- music by Dave Grusin
- costume design by Bernie Pollack
- set decoration by Steve George & Michael Seirton
- genres: War film, Romance Film, Drama
- tagline: A gambler who trusted no one. A woman who risked everything. And a passion that brought them...
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (25 years ago)
- "Havana" a.k.a. "Habana" is a 2013 short film written and directed by Edouard Salier.
- read more about Habana
- Havana is a fictional character from the 1940 film Girl from Havana.
- Havana is a fictional character from the 1994 film Holy Matrimony.
Phrases with Havana
Phrases starting with the word Havana:
Phrases ending with the word Havana:
- Oxira Havana
- Xystaema havana
- Lepidochir Havana
- Eucinostomus havana
- species Xystaema havana
- Species Lepidochir Havana
- species Eucinostomus havana
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Havana
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Andy Gravette
Once the hub of the New World, yet very different from most Latin American capitals, Havana is a sedate city with a history dating back almost 500 years. Due to the chronic oil shortages it lacks the usual buzz of heavy traffic but makes up for ...
' Tm: Havana is a city of a. strange and picturesque appearance. The streets are so narrow, and the houses built so close upon them, that they seem to be rather spaces ...
The London Journal (1865)
And Weekly Record of Literature, Science, and Art
Tar-z Havana is a city of a strange and picturesque appearance. The streets are so narrow, and the houses built so close upon them, that they seem to be rather spaces between the walls of houses than highways for travel. In some places ...
On Becoming Cuban (2012)
Identity, Nationality, and Culture by Louis A. Pérez Jr.
'' ''Havana is a veritable city of ...
Travels in the West: Cuba (1840)
With Notices of Porto Rico, and the Slave Trade by David Turnbull
As all the world knows, the Havana is a place of considerable strength ; and besides ...
Bioinformatics for Beginners, Genes, Genomes, Molecular Evolution, Databases and Analytical Tools (2016)
by CTI Reviews
The Havana is a breed of rabbit that first appeared in the Netherlands in 1898. The breed is ancestral to several others, including the Fee de Marbourg, Perlefee and Gris Perle de Hal. Havanas are recognized by the American Rabbit Breeders ...
Cuba Adventure Guide (2006)
by Vivien Lougheed
Havana is a safe city and going out at night is a must. Try at least one Tropicana show (or reasonable facsimile) and visit a jazz bar. One evening at El Castillo del Morro for the closing of the gates is a requisite ...
+ Havana is a dirty city. The streets—or rather lanes, for they are scarcely wide enough for carriages to pass each other— are seldom or ever cleaned, unless it be on some saint's day, and then only those through which the procession is to ...
Exporters' Encyclopaedia (1920)
(via Havana or Matanzas * Ensenada Mora— Alacranes . . . . . . . . . . . . . (via Havana (via Havana or Cienfuegos Alguizar. . .
(via Havana Esperanza (via Sagua or Cienfuegos *Alto Cedro ; (via Antilla) Garcia ....
(via, Havana Alto Tongo (via ...
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc
2,148,132 Havana is the capital of Cuba, an island country in the Caribbean Sea. It is the largest city in the Caribbean region. Havana is known for its many buildings from the time Cuba was a Spanish colony .
An Encyclopedia of Movies, Stars, Concepts, and Trends by Scott L. Baugh
HAVANA (1990). Havana was directed by Sydney Pollack, whose legendary career has been marked by productions that smartly balance political intrigue with Hollywood-style accessibility. In this political drama, Robert Redford's Jack Weil, ...
by William Harrison De Puy
HAVANA, Illinois, a city and the county seat of Mason County, ...
by the late Leonard Feather, Ira Gitler
Artemisa, Havana, Cuba, 11/6/49. Studied at National School of Arts. Cofounded the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Havana
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Havana
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video language resources about Havana
Click on an item to play that video:
- Havana Meaning
Video shows what Havana means. The capital of Cuba.. A famous cigar produced in Cuba. Havana pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary ...
- Havana Trading Freeport - Explanation of ROBUSTO Process
Master Cuban cigar roller Victor demonstrating the art of blending and rolling Cuban cigars. This is done in store at Havana Trading Company in Freeport, Grand ...
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Havana Charter
View more videos about Havana Brown.
See also the pronunciation examples of Havana!
Quotes about Havana
Scrabble value of H4A1V4A1N1A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of HAVANA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Havana!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Havana to see it in context!