On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun hays
What does hays mean as a name of something?
- United States lawyer and politician who formulated a production code that prescribed the moral content of United States films from 1930 to 1966 (1879-1954)
- United States lawyer involved in several famous court trials (1881-1954)
- Hays is a city in and the county seat of Ellis County, Kansas, United States. The largest city in northwestern Kansas, it is the economic and cultural center of the region. It is also a college town, home to Fort Hays State University. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 20,510.
- Hays is a city in Hays County, Texas, United States. The population was 217 at the 2010 census.
- Hays is a census-designated place in Wilkes County, North Carolina, United States. The population was 1,731 at the 2000 census. North Wilkes High School, one of Wilkes County's four public high schools, is located in Hays.
- Hays is a census-designated place in Blaine County, Montana, United States. The population was 843 at the 2010 census. The community lies within the Fort Belknap Indian Reservation, near the reservation's southern end. The nearby community of Lodge Pole lies to the east.
- Hays is a neighborhood in the 31st Ward of southeastern Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It is represented on the Pittsburgh City Council by the representative of District 5. It occupies ZIP codes 15227, 15207, and 15236. It is named after James H. Hays, who opened a coal-mining operation called Hays and Haberman Mines in 1828.
- Hays a.k.a. Hays, Kentucky: Hays is an unincorporated community in Warren, Kentucky, United States. It was also known as Haysford.
- read more about Hays, Kentucky
- Hays is a fictional character from the 2006 film The System Within.
- Hays is a fictional character from the 1974 film Foxy Brown, portrayed by Sid Haig.
- Hays is a fictional film character.
There are other characters with in their name, like Jack Hays.
Hays is a family name.
Phrases with Hays
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Hays
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Engaging the Public (1998)
How Government and the Media Can Reinvigorate American Democracy by Thomas J. Johnson, Carol E. Hays, Scott P. Hays
Hays is a research coordinator at the Center for Prevention Research and Development at the University of Illinois.
Hays is an assistant professor of political science at Eastern Illinois University and data analyst at the Center ...
Chronicles of a Starchaser (2014)
by T. M. Saunders
Bishop Hays is an ambitious young woman working at the Antarctica Shuttleport.
What I Came to Tell You (2013)
by Tommy Hays
A 2013 Fall Okra Pick, Southern Independent Booksellers Alliance * “Hays is a gifted storyteller, offering up an effective balance of credible emotion, understated wisdom, and gentle humor.”—The Bulletin of the Center for Children’s ...
Official Year Book (1907)
Hays is the man who can show you how to do this, how to buy a home or better still to build your own home to suit yourself and your wife and at the same time do it ...
Gold Hill (2010)
by Dennis Powers, Gold Hill Historical Society
Bill Hays is the older looking man with a flowing beard in the back of the wagon. An 1890 Baldwin 220 locomotive is pulling train 15 at.
Blossoms, Blooms and Scenes (2013)
by Bill Davis, Charles Hays
[0ss0rns, Blooms and Scenes Charles Hays is a legacy 229 Blossoms, Blooms and Scenes.
by Oren F. Morton
Brownsburg lies in the well populated valley which above is styled Moffatt's Creek and below is called Hays' Creek. It is consequently the trade center of a considerable district. In a former day it was noted for its high-grade private schools.
by Stephen E. Condrey
Hays is the Charles L. Jacobson Professor of Public Affairs Emeritus and Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Political Science at the University of South Carolina. A graduate of the University of Florida (with BA, ...
by J. Daniel Hays, J. Scott Duvall, C. Marvin Pate
Daniel Hays, J. Scott Duvall, C. Marvin Pate. J. DANIEL HAYS J. SCOTT DUVALL C. MARVIN PATE Dictionary A Abomination of Desolation The “ abomination of desolation,” “abomination.
by Andrew Jackson Graham
Hostility, hostil iti, Hays:Tee. Ho*tleb, hos* 1er, Hajs-Lay-Ar; oros'ler, Es- La y -Ar. Hüstlest, hoslen, navs-Lay-Ray. Hut, hot, Tee. Hotbed, hot-bed, Tee-Bed. Hotchpot, hoeh/pot, Chay-Pet Hotchpotch, hoch'pocb, Chay-Pee- Chay. Hot- cocet.es ...
The Jewish Encyclopedia (1907)
A Descriptive Record of the History, Religion, Literature, and Customs of the Jewish People from the Earliest Times to the Present Day by Cyrus Adler, Isidore Singer
HAYS: Family which emigrated from Holland in the first quarter of the eighteenth century and settled in and near New York city. Records exist of six brothers: (1) Jacob.
Encyclopedia of Censorship (2009)
by Jonathon Green, Nicholas J. Karolides
Hays, Will H. the message is a political one or is also meant to intimidate, the burning of a cross is a “symbol of hate.” While cross burning does not inevitably convey a message of intimidation, often the cross burner intends that the ...
A Dictionary of All Officers (1853)
Who Have Been Commissioned, Or Have Been Appointed and Served, in the Army of the United States, Since the Inauguration of Their First President in 1789, to the First January, 1853,--with Every Commission of Each;--including the Distinguished Officers of the Volunteers and Militia of the States, and of the Navy and Marine Corps, who Have Served with the Land Forces ... by Charles Kitchell Gardner
Hays — Colo of reg. in Mexieo.) Lieut Colonel. Charles A. Harper (late ...
Containing a Condensed History of Pennsylvania, of Erie County, and of the Several Cities, Boroughs and Townships in the County; Also Portraits and Biographies of the Governors Since 1790, and of Numerous Representative Citizens
Hays, M. Henry, Moses Koch, R. T. Sterrett, A. Acheson, M. R. Barr. 1857—_'7ames Hoskinson, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Hays
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Hays
Took the family on a short hike before the snow arrives.
Photo credit: bbrown6
Hunter hays -wanted amazing sign language
Quotes about Hays
Scrabble value of H4A1Y4S1
The value of this 4-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of HAYS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Hays!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Hays to see it in context!