On this page:
- "Heartaches" is a popular song with music by Al Hoffman and lyrics by John Klenner. The song was published in 1931, was placed on all of the record labels of the time, but it was not a particularly big hit at the time.
- "Heartaches" is a compilation album, first released in 1985, containing some of the hit singles by country music singer, Patsy Cline. It was released by the MCA Special Products division of MCA Records. A simultaneous release titled "The Best of Patsy Cline" featured the same programming.
- genre: Country
- released in (30 years ago)
"Heartaches" is a 1981 comedy motion-picture written by Terence Heffman and directed by Donald Shebib. It stars Margot Kidder, Annie Potts, Winston Rekert and Robert Carradine. The movie is about a young woman, Potts, married to a stock car racer and carrying his friends' child. As she flees that scene, her husband races alongside her bus. On this bus, Potts' character meets the free spirited Kidder and the two women move in together planning to raise the baby. Dealing with romance and poverty, they learn that they have more in common than they thought.
- country: Canada
- language: English Language
- producers: Jerry Raibourn & David Patterson
- written by Terry Heffernan
- cinematography by Vic Sarin
- edited by Gerry Hambling
- costume design by Julie Whitfield
- genres: Indie film, Comedy
- rating: R (USA)
- released in (34 years ago)
- Genie Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role nomination for Winston Rekert
- Genie Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role nomination for Margot Kidder
- Genie Award for Best Motion Picture nomination for David Patterson & Jerry Raibourn
- Genie Award for Best Achievement in Direction nomination for Donald Shebib
- Genie Award for Best Achievement in Cinematography nomination for Vic Sarin
- Genie Award for Best Achievement in Costume Design nomination for Julie Whitfield
- Genie Award for Best Achievement in Overall Sound nomination for Claude Langlois, Marcel Pothier, Robin Leigh & Paul Dion
- Genie Award for Best Achievement in Sound Editing nomination for Michel Descombes & Don Cohen
- Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television Award for Best Screenplay nomination for Terry Heffernan
- Genie Award for Best Performance by a Foreign Actor nomination for Robert Carradine
- Genie Award for Best Performance by a Foreign Actress nomination for Annie Potts
- Genie Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role, received by Margot Kidder
- Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television Award for Best Screenplay, received by Terry Heffernan
- Genie Award for Best Performance by a Foreign Actress, received by Annie Potts
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Heartaches
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by David G. Myers, PhD, Richard Straub
Heartaches is a term that refers to persistent mental anguish or suffering, usually resulting from the loss of a loved one or from disappointment in love. Myers points out that while close relationships and family tend to contribute to our well- being ...
by Mitch Rosalsky
Beginning with "Heartaches," the group was all black. In 1963 they left Colpix and recorded for Chartbound and Kyra. Following these two releases, more were released on 888. Soon after "How Deep Is the Ocean," Allen Johnson left. Richard ...
Fully Revised and Updated for the 21st Century by Zolar
married person in: heartaches from jealousy will break an engagement, others rescue you from: psychic reordering ...
by Russell Schneider
This comprehensive volume traces the genesis of baseball in Cleveland, covering all of the team lore and legend, the controversies, the triumphs, and the heartaches including...
1930-2010 by James Fisher
The heartaches of Richard's ...
anoun, plural heartaches heartbeat noun A ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Heartaches
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Heartaches
Photo credit: HelloImNik
Video about Heartaches
"Heartaches and Dreamscapes" Original by AJ of A Meaning to Memorize
See also the pronunciation examples of Heartaches!
Quotes about Heartaches
Little children and headaches, great children and heartaches.
more quotes about heartaches...
Scrabble value of H4E1A1R1T1A1C3H4E1S1
The value of this 10-letter word is 18 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of HEARTACHES
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Heartaches!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Heartaches to see it in context!