On this page:
Definition of the noun heth
What does heth mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: heths
- the 8th letter of the Hebrew alphabet
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- more generic terms: alphabetic character / letter / letter of the alphabet = the conventional characters of the alphabet used to represent speech
- member of: Hebraic alphabet / Hebrew alphabet / Hebrew script = a Semitic alphabet used since the 5th century BC for writing the Hebrew language
Alternative definition of the noun heth
- The eighth letter of many Semitic alphabets (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).
Who is Heth?
Heth is, according to Genesis 10:15, the second son of Canaan, who is son of Ham, son of Noah. Heth is the ancestor of the Hittites, second of the twelve Canaanite nations descended from his sons, who lived near Hebron.
Heth is a fictional character in the 1958 film Links of Justice.
Heth a.k.a. Heth, Arkansas: Heth is an unincorporated community in St. Francis County, Arkansas, United States. Heth is located along the Union Pacific Railroad 9 miles north of Hughes. Heth has a post office with ZIP code 72346.
- read more about Heth, Arkansas
- Heth a.k.a. Lineage of Ether: According to the Book of Mormon, the Jaredites are a people who lived in ancient America shortly after the confounding of the languages at the Tower of Babel and are written of principally in the Book of Ether. The Linage of the Ether is written in The Book of Ether, chapter 1 verses 6-33. Most individuals are only briefly mentioned in the narrative of the Book of Ether. Each is notable in that he is a descendant of Jared, an ancestor to Ether, and most were also Kings of the Jaredites.
- read more about Lineage of Ether
- Heth is a family name.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Heth
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John D. Wright
HETH, HENRY Herron established in 1859 a militia unit, the Governor's Grays, and was the first to offer a company of fully equipped soldiers to the government for the coming war. This was turned down, but when the war began, the Grays ...
by J. D. Douglas, Merrill C. Tenney
heth (letter) . hayth (Heb. hêt). Also het and cheth. The eighth letter of the Hebrew alphabet (j) , with a numerical value of eight. Although in modern Hebrew it is pronounced ...
The Encyclopedia Americana (1904)
A General Dictionary of the Arts and Sciences, Literature, History, Biography, Geography, Etc., of the World; Editor-in-chief, Frederick Converse Beach ... Managing Editor, Forrest Morgan ... Assistant Editors, Nathan Haskell Dole ... Edward Thomas Roe ... Thomas Campbell Copeland ... by Frederick Converse Beach, Forrest Morgan, George Edwin Rines, Nathan Haskell Dole, E. T. Roe, Thomas Campbell Copeland
Heth. with two brigades, moved out of the Confederate works, made a sudden attack upon Ayres' left, and drove it back; Ayres rallied, and retook the lost ground. The Union loss was 544 killed and wounded, and 392 missing.
by Benjamin Eli Smith
be crystened in Crystes name, and con- fermed of the bisshop, It is hethene as to heueneward, and helpelees to the soule, Hethene is to mene after heth and vntfted erthe. Piers Plowman (B\ xv. 460. The heathen emperor thinks it ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Heth
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Heth
Photo credit: n88n88
Video about Heth
Video shows what heth means. The eighth letter of many Semitic alphabets (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).. Heth Meaning. How to ...
Scrabble value of H4E1T1H4
The value of this 4-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Heth to find many related words and phrases!