On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun High Heels
What does High Heels mean as a name of something?
- A pair of (women's or men's) high-heeled shoes.
- "High Heels" is a 1991 melodrama film written and directed by Pedro Almodóvar and starring Marisa Paredes, Victoria Abril and Miguel Bosé. The plot follows the fractured relationship between a self-involved mother who is a famous torch song singer and the grown daughter she had abandoned as a child. The daughter, who works as TV newscaster, has married her mother's ex-lover and has befriended a female impersonator. A murder further complicates this web of relationships.
- also known as Tacones lejanos, Tocuri inalte
- countries: Spain, France
- languages: Spanish Language, Spanish Sign Language
- producer: Enrique Posner
- executive producer: Agustín Almodóvar
- production design by Pierre-Louis Thévenet
- art direction by Carlos García Cambero
- written by Pedro Almodóvar
- based on a story by Pedro Almodóvar
- Victoria Abril as Rebeca Giner
- Marisa Paredes as Becky del Páramo
- Miguel Bosé as Juez Domínguez
- Cristina Marcos as Paula
- Javier Bardem as Regidor T.V.
- Miguel Bosé as Letal
- Anna Lizaran as Margarita
- Mayrata O'Wisiedo as Madre del Juez Domínguez
- Féodor Atkine as Manuel
- Pedro Díez del Corral as Alberto
- Bibiana Fernández as Susana
- cinematography by Alfredo F. Mayo
- edited by José Salcedo
- music by Ryuichi Sakamoto, Gil Evans, George Fenton
- costume design by José María De Cossío
- set decoration by Julián Mateos
- genres: Erotica, Comedy, Romance Film, Drama
- released on (24 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- Golden Globe Award for Best Foreign Language Film (Spain)
- Goya Award for Best Supporting Actress nomination for Cristina Marcos
- Goya Award for Best Costume Design nomination for José María De Cossío
- Goya Award for Best Editing nomination for José Salcedo
- Goya Award for Best Make-Up and Hairstyles nomination for Jesús Moncusi & Gregorio Ros
- Goya Award for Best Sound nomination for Jean-Paul Mugel
- official website: www.miramax.com/movie/high-heels
- "High Heels" a.k.a. "Dr. Popaul" is a 1972 French black comedy film directed by Claude Chabrol. also known under the titles High Heels and Scoundrel in White.
- read more about Dr. Popaul
- "High Heels" a.k.a. "To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar" is an award-nominated film, directed by Beeban Kidron and written by Douglas Carter Beane.
- read more about To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar
- "High Heels" is a 1918 Australian short silent film directed by P.J. Ramster. It was his first film.
- country: Australia
- languages: English Language, Silent film
- genre: Silent film
- released in (98 years ago)
- "High Heels" is a film.
- country: France
- genre: Comedy
- "High Heels" is a 2012 single by Jaz Dhami featuring Honey Singh.
- released in (4 years ago)
- "High Heels" is a musical single of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.
- released in (29 years ago)
- "High Heels" is a musical single of 220 Volt.
- released in (30 years ago)
- "High Heels" is a composition.
- music by Trevor Duncan
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for High Heels
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Budgets and Markets (1996)
A Study of the Budgeting of European Films by Terry Ilott
High Heels is an object lesson in film production built around ...
by Erin Kenny, Elizabeth Gackstetter Nichols Ph.D.
Undeniably cramped, impractical, and uncomfortable, high heels made a resurgence in 1947 to complement Christian Dior's “New Look,” which demanded an hourglass figure. Heels are designed to artificially transform the physical posture of ...
by Jill Condra
Dress shoes featured high heels and flat, wide rosettes. Louis XIV is credited for popularizing the style of painting the heels of the shoes red. Although this trend was seen earlier in England, it did not catch on with mainstream style makers until ...
Giving the Derivation, Source, Or Origin of Common Phrases, Allusions, and Words that Have a Tale to Tell by Ebenezer Cobham Brewer
High Heels and Low Heels. The High and Low Church party. The 7iames of two factions in Swift's tale of Lilliput. (Unllirer'> 7V«iW«.) High Horse. To be on the high horse or To ride the high horse. To bo overbearing and arrogant.
The domestic encyclopedia, or, A dictionary of facts and useful knowledge, chiefly applicable to rural & domestic economy (1821)
with an appendix, containing additions in domestic medicine, and the veterinary and culinary arts by Anthony Florian Madinger Willich, Thomas Cooper, Katherine Golden Bitting Collection on Gastronomy (Library of Congress)
The high heels of the shoe prevent the frogs from embracing the ground, and the concavity of the shoe at the quarters, and the nails (that are placed near the heels ) will confine the growth of the crust, and contract the hoof. Practice of shoeing ...
Historic and Modern by Mary Brooks Picken
High heels first fashionable in late 17th century. 2. Lower back part of hosiery foot . baby Louis h. (loo ee). Heel like Louis XV heel in shape, but lower in height. barrel h. Heel of nearly cylindrical shape, somewhat resembling a barrel in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for High Heels
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about High Heels
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Leopold.Terence
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about High Heels
High heels Meaning
Video shows what high heels means. A pair of (women's or men's) high-heeled shoes.. High heels Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
See also the pronunciation examples of High Heels!
Quotes about High Heels
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of High Heels to see it in context!