On this page:
- Definition of the noun hind
- Definition of the adjective hind
- Phrases with Hind
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Hind
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Hind
- Photos about Hind
- Video language resources about Hind
- Quotes about Hind
- Scrabble value of H4I1N1D2
- Share this page
The word hind is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun hind
What does hind mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: hinds / hind
- any of several mostly spotted fishes that resemble groupers
- a female deer, especially an adult female red deer
Alternative definition of the noun hind
- A female deer, especially a red deer at least two years old.
- synonym: doe
- [archaic] A servant, especially an agricultural labourer.
Definition of the adjective hind
What does hind mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: hinder |
- located at or near the back of an animal
- Hind Laroussi Tahiri, known professionally as Hind, is a Dutch singer.
- Hind, also spelled Hend, is a female singer from Bahrain. Her work includes popular Arabic music as well as traditional Khaliji music. She was discovered by the musician Anwar Abdullah, and gave her the nickname "Hind", but her real name is Suhair. Hind's debut album Rabeie El Galb was released in 2000, off the album she became well recognized in Bahrain and the eastern province of Saudi Arabia. It was only after she signed her latest album Al Ghroob with Rotana, that's when she became recognized and famous around the Persian Gulf region.
- Hind a.k.a. Hanan Ryahi appeared in the Dance of Outlaws documentary film.
- read more about Hanan Ryahi
- Hind is a fictional character from the 1997 Mohammad, Messenger of God film.
- Hind is a fictional character from the 1973 family film Three Wishes for Cinderella.
- Hind is a fictional character from the 2011 film The Miscreants.
- Hind is a fictional character from the 1992 Egyptian comedy film Terrorism and Kebab.
- Hind is a fictional character from the TV series B'ad Alshatat.
- Hind is a fictional character from the 1992 film Al Hob Wa Alro'ab.
- Hind is a fictional film character.
- Hind is a fictional character from the 2012 film Chaos, Disorder.
"Hind" is a computer game released by Digital Integration and Interactive Magic in 1997 for DOS and Windows 95.
- also known as HIND: The Russian Combat Helicopter Simulation, HIИD
- mode: Single-player video game
- developer: Digital Integration Ltd.
- genres: Flight simulator, Simulation video game
- publishers: iEntertainment Network, Interactive Magic
- released in (19 years ago)
Phrases with Hind
Phrases starting with the word Hind:
Phrases ending with the word Hind:
- red hind
- rock hind
- Coral Hind
- Niger Hind
- Rusty Hind
- Garish Hind
- Golden Hind
- Tomato Hind
- African Hind
- Darkfin Hind
- Leopard Hind
- Peacock Hind
- Rooster Hind
- Freckled Hind
- Speckled Hind
View more phrases with the word Hind in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Hind
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Illustrated Keys to Known Families, Genera, and Species in South America by Charles W. Heckman
The hind wing usually does not have many cross veins in the costal space (Fig. 2.199)..................................8 8. The hind wing is well developed and, although considerably smaller than the fore-wing, is not minute. In the known South American ...
A Dictionary of Bible Types (1999)
by Walter L. Wilson
The hind isthe femaleof the red deer.Itis notedfor its fleetness andits surefootedness. The psalmist is using this as atype of the ability which Godgavehim of avoiding King Saul, and other dangerous enemies. Itisapicture also ofthe ...
by S. Choudhary
Hind IH (Hind HI, Hind III restriction enzyme) : A restriction enzyme which cuts DNA wherever it sees the following nucleotide...
The Hind DI enzyme was originally found in the bacterium Hemophilus influenzae. histopathology or similar ...
Leptura micans, the glossy leptura ; hind thighs two-toothed; all the shanks simple; shells glossy. Antennae blackish, the joints pale testaceous at the tip ; head with a line down the middle ; thorax green channelled, frnooth; shells striate , ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Hind
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Hind
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Hind
Click on an item to play that video:
- Hind Meaning
Video shows what hind means. Located at the rear (most often said of animals' body parts).. hind synonyms: doe. Hind Meaning. How to pronounce, definition ...
- HIND LANGUAGE- trafficmoonson HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE
- Hind Chahed, coordinator, The Center for Language and Culture discussing need for volunteers.
- Madani Maqsad in Meerathi Language - Bhasawal HInd
See also the pronunciation examples of Hind!
Quotes about Hind
Scrabble value of H4I1N1D2
The value of this 4-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Hind to see it in context!