On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Hydrophis
What does Hydrophis mean as a name of something?
Hydrophis is a genus of Hydrophiidae.
- synonym: genus Hydrophis
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Reptilia
- order: Squamata
- family: Hydrophiidae
- species Hydrophis bicolor
Hydrophis is a genus of Elapidae, described by Latreille in 1801.
Hydrophis is a genus of Animalia, described by Latreille in 1801.
- synonyms: genus Hydrophis / Asturia / genus Asturia / Aturia / genus Aturia / Chitulia / genus Chitulia / Dolichodira / genus Dolichodira / Hydophis / genus Hydophis / Hydrophus / genus Hydrophus / Hydrophys / genus Hydrophys / Liopala / genus Liopala / Liopola / genus Liopola / Microcephalus / genus Microcephalus / Micromastophis / genus Micromastophis / Polypholophis / genus Polypholophis / Porrecticollis / genus Porrecticollis
- kingdom: Animalia
- species Hydrophis atriceps
- species Hydrophis belcheri
- species Hydrophis bituberculatus
- species Hydrophis brooki
- species Hydrophis caerulescens
- species Hydrophis cantoris
- species Hydrophis coggeri
- species Hydrophis curtus
- species Hydrophis cyanocinctus
- species Hydrophis czeblukovi
- species Hydrophis donaldi
- species Hydrophis elegans
- species Hydrophis gracilis
- species Hydrophis hardwickii
- species Hydrophis hendersoni
- species Hydrophis inornatus
- species Hydrophis jerdonii
- species Hydrophis kingii
- species Hydrophis klossi
- species Hydrophis laboutei
- species Hydrophis lamberti
- species Hydrophis lapemoides
- species Hydrophis macdowelli
- species Hydrophis major
- species Hydrophis mamillaris
- species Hydrophis melanosoma
- species Hydrophis nigrocinctus
- species Hydrophis obscurus
- species Hydrophis ornatus
- species Hydrophis pachycercos
- species Hydrophis pacificus
- species Hydrophis parviceps
- species Hydrophis pelamys
- species Hydrophis peronii
- species Hydrophis platurus
- species Hydrophis schistosus
- species Hydrophis semperi
- species Hydrophis sibauensis
- species Hydrophis spiralis
- species Hydrophis stokesii
- species Hydrophis stricticollis
- species Hydrophis viperinus
- species Hydrophis vorisi
- species Hydrophis zweifeli
Phrases with Hydrophis
- Hydrophis major
- Hydrophis Nigra
- Hydrophis walli
- Hydrophis Aspera
- Hydrophis Brevis
- Hydrophis Brooki
- Hydrophis Cloris
- Hydrophis Curtus
- Hydrophis kingii
- Hydrophis klossi
- Hydrophis Laevis
- Hydrophis Ornata
- Hydrophis vorisi
- Hydrophis Alcocki
- Hydrophis Anomala
- Hydrophis Bicolor
- Hydrophis Brookei
- Hydrophis brookii
- Hydrophis Chittal
- Genus Hydrophis
View more phrases with the word Hydrophis in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Hydrophis
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Kumar, Bhatia
Hydrophis is the common sea snake found in India. It is a small snake with laterally compressed tail well suited for swimming. It is viviparous.
by Tata Mcgraw-Hill
Hydrophis is the common sea snake found in India. It is a small snake with laterally compressed tail well suited for swimming. It is viviparous. It is predaceous and feeds entirely on fishes. Venom of cobra is most virulent. It is neurotoxin ...
Sea Snake Toxinology (1994)
by P. Gopalakrishnakone
The genus Hydrophis is the largest of all sea snake genera, and 14 species have been recorded from Australian seas. The genus is almost certainly polyphyletic, and contains species which differ widely in form and habits. Unfortunately ...
Based on the International Dictionary of 1890 and 1900 by William Torrey Harris, Frederic Sturges Allen
Hydrophis is the t genus. – hydro-phid (hi'drö-fid), n. — hydro-p (-foid), a. hydro-phobia (-förbs-d), ...
by Robert Alan Lewis
Hydrophis spinalis. kadel pambu. Hydrophis spinalis. kafir corn. Sorghum vulgare. kainic acid (2-carboxy-4-(1-methylethenyl)- 3pyrrolidineacetic acid; 2-carboxy-3-carboxymethyl-4-isopropenylpyrrolidine; digenic acid ...
Dictionary of Dreams (2001)
by Farokh Jamshed Master, Jamshed Farokh
HYDROPHOBINUM HYPERICUMPERFORATUM HYDROPHOBINUM, HYDROPHIS CYANOCINCTUS (HYDROPH) No dreams Nightmares (sleep, anxious) HYOSCYAMUS NIGER (HYOS) Amorous (coition) Animals Animals, of anxious” ...
Reid - Scy
— Hydrophis. Sp. 1. Hydrophis schistosa Gulf of Bengal.
by Edward Smedley, Hugh James Rose, Henry John Rose
\-y-' HYDROPHIS. HYDROPORUS. \-y-' HYDROPORUS. HYEMAL. HYMEN. HYMN. ~~~~ \-/-.” myPort. thirty years in Paris. The skins are known by the name of Racoonda, and are imported by way of Spain from America. H. Coypu, Geoff.; Mus ...
A Dictionary of Universal Knowledge for the People ... by D. T. Stuart
Hydrophis, -fis. Water-snakes; a gen. of venomous reptiles, fam. Hydridae. Hydrophobia, -drö-fö'bi-a. A disease produced by the bite of a mad animal, especially of a mad or rabid dog, one of the characteristics of which is an aversion to or ...
A Dictionary of Literature, the Sciences and the Arts, for Popular Use
HYDROPHIS HYMN Hydrophis, -fls. Water-Knakea ; a gen, of venomous reptiles, fain. Hydridas. Hydrophobia, -drd-flybl-a. A disease produced by the bite, of a mad animal, especially of a mad or rabid dog, one of the characteristics of which is ...
-HYDROPHIS. Sp. 1. Hydrophis schistosa.......... -- Gulf of Bengal.
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1859)
Or, Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General Literature
HYDROPHIS. SP. l. Hydrophis schistosa..................... Gulf of Bengal.
Chambers's Encyclopaedia (1901)
A Dictionary of Universal Knowledge
the venomous water-snake (Hydrophis), are genera within the ...
HYDROPHIS HYDROPHOBIA 35 Ireland. Most of these originally started with a full equipment for treatment, including a resident physician, bath attendants, and a complete set of bath.* : bnt many of the establishment > now are merely ...
HYDROPHIS HYDROPHOBIA 35 Ireland. Most of these originally started with a full equipment for treatment, including a resident physician, bath attendants, and a complete set of oaths ; but many of the establishments now are merely ...
long PREDATOR POWER SEA SNAKE Hydrophis sp. Probably no other reptile is as well adapted to ocean life as a sea snake. Unlike turtles, which have to lay eggs on land, sea snakes give birth to live ...
A medical dictionary written by a doctor for doctors, now illustrated by Joseph C Segen
Most are docile; the aggressive species include Aipysurus laevis, Astrotia stokesii, Enhydrina schistosa and Hydrophis ornatus sea water therapy Thalassotherapy The application of hot, tepid, ...
• The sea snake (Hydrophis belcheri) lives in the Timor Sea ...
The Encyclopedia of Animals (2004)
A Complete Visual Guide by Fred Cooke
Taipan Oxyuranus scutellatus, family Elapidae FACT FILE Yellow-belly sea snake Pe/am/s pbturus, family Elapidae Ornate reef snake Hydrophis ornatus. family Elapidae Taipan The taipan is the world's deadliest snake, due to the toxicity of its ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Hydrophis
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video language resources about Hydrophis
Click on an item to play that video:
Scrabble value of H4Y4D2R1O1P3H4I1S1
The value of this 9-letter word is 21 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Hydrophis to find many related words and phrases!