On this page:
- Definition of the noun impermanence
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Impermanence
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Impermanence
- Photos about Impermanence
- Video about Impermanence
- Quotes about Impermanence
- Scrabble value of I1M3P3E1R1M3A1N1E1N1C3E1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun impermanence
What does impermanence mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: impermanences
- the property of not existing for indefinitely long durations
- lexical domain: Attributes - nouns denoting attributes of people and objects
- synonym of impermanence: impermanency
- antonym of impermanence: permanence
- more generic words: duration / length = continuance in time
- more specific words:
Alternative definition of the noun impermanence
- Want of permanence or continued duration.
- The quality or state of being impermanent.
- "Impermanence" is the twelfth album by Meredith Monk, released on March 18, 2008 through ECM New Series.
- genre: Minimal music
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Impermanence" is a musical album of Kirk Lucas, Mike Khoury, Mike Gilmore.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Impermanence" is a musical album of Agoria.
- released on (4 years ago)
"Impermanence" is a film, directed by Lee Seong-Gu.
- country: South Korea
- language: Korean Language
- genres: Romance Film, East Asian cinema, World cinema
- released on (35 years ago)
- Impermanence is one of the essential doctrines or three marks of existence in Buddhism. The term expresses the Buddhist notion that all of conditioned existence, without exception, is transient, or in a constant state of flux. The mutability of life, that time passes on no matter what happens, is an important aspect of impermanence. The Pali word anicca literally means "inconstant", and arises from a synthesis of two separate words, 'Nicca' and the "privative particle" 'a'. Where the word 'Nicca' refers to the concept of continuity and permanence, 'Anicca' refers to its exact opposite; the absence of permanence and continuity.
- also known as 无常
- Impermanence is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Impermanence
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Vol. I The Intermediate Level by Robert Colacurcio
Impermanence is the key to understanding the absolute true nature of any and all phenomena.
If the self is thought to have a substantially fixed and essentially permanent identity, then impermanence is a threat that must be countered at all ...
Light On Enlightenment (2011)
by Christopher Titmuss
Impermanence is a feature of moment-to-moment life. When we neglect these...
One of the significant factors about sustained awareness of change and impermanence is the impact that it has on our perceptions. Realising the emptiness of ...
Turning Bad Breaks Into Blessings by Maxine Schnall
Impermanence is a fact of human existence. Nothing in the physical world lasts forever, and any of us can die at any time. Regardless of what life expectancy tables may say, no one is guaranteed any length of years. If we can grasp the ...
Answers from the Heart (2009)
Practical Responses to Life's Burning Questions: Easyread Super Large 18pt Edition by Thich Nhat Hanh
Impermanence is a reality. Wisdom helps us stand firm. We won't collapse, because we know that nothing is lost. When conditions are sufficient, those who we may have thought were lost to us will come out again, as marvelous as before .
A Dictionary of Buddhism (2004)
by Damien Keown
Impermanence, the first of the three marks (*trilaksana) which characterize all conditioned phenomena. A fundamental tenet of *Buddhism is that all formations (*samskara) — things that come into being dependent on causes and conditions ...
Similes Dictionary (2013)
by Elyse Sommer
PERMANENCE/IMPERMANENCE. See Also: CONTINUITY As assured of longevity as the statues on Easter Island —John W. Aldridge, New York Times Book Review, October 26, 1986 The work to which Aldridge ascribes the longevity of the ...
Pali-English Dictionary (1993)
by Thomas William Rhys Davids, William Stede
evanescence, inconstancy, impermanence. — The emphatic assertion of impermanence (continuous change of condition) is a prominent axiom of the Dhamma, & the realization of the evanescent character of all things montal or material is ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Impermanence
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Impermanence
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Calmuziclover
Photo credit: dulk
Photo credit: Bird Eye
Photo credit: mivanov
Haddam, CT, USA
Photo credit: Waywuwei
ISO 800 F2.8 1/550
Photo credit: David Holmes2
Photo credit: nicolas.boullosa
One of the lanterns caught fire and took a second one down with it. Kind of sad. Try to reverse the feeling now, change the fates.
Photo credit: Danielle Walquist Lynch
Photo credit: chascow
Fuji GW690II 6x9 Fuji 160s
Photo credit: lylevincent
Photo credit: joshDubya
Understanding the world's ephemeral nature can be the biggest advantage of all..........Deng Ming-Dao
Photo credit: Treforlutions TreVizionz
Photo credit: travelswithmyself
Photo credit: bam0027
- Day 9: Impermanence
Photo credit: quinn.anya
- Impermanence: Winter Enso
One stroke, water on concrete.
Photo credit: miheco
- Impermanence of Spirit
Deconstructed church in Murray Hill area of Manhattan, being removed for an apparently more glamorous, towering jesus haven to come.
Photo credit: CocteauBoy
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Impermanence
Video shows what impermanence means. Want of permanence or continued duration.. The quality or state of being impermanent.. Impermanence Meaning.
See also the pronunciation examples of Impermanence!
Quotes about Impermanence
Scrabble value of I1M3P3E1R1M3A1N1E1N1C3E1
The value of this 12-letter word is 20 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Impermanence to see it in context!