On this page:
- Definition of the noun indigo
- Definition of the adjective indigo
- Phrases with Indigo
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Indigo
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Indigo
- Photos about Indigo
- Videos about Indigo
- Quotes about Indigo
- Scrabble value of I1N1D2I1G2O1
- Anagrams of INDIGO
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun indigo
What does indigo mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: indigos / indigoes (less preferred form)
- a blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically
- deciduous subshrub of southeastern Asia having pinnate leaves and clusters of red or purple flowers; a source of indigo dye
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Anila tinctoria / species Anila tinctoria / Anila tinctoria normalis / variety Anila tinctoria normalis / Indigofera anil orthocarpa / variety Indigofera anil orthocarpa / Indigofera bergii / species Indigofera bergii / Indigofera cinerascens / species Indigofera cinerascens / Indigofera houer / species Indigofera houer / Indigofera indica / species Indigofera indica / Indigofera oligophylla / species Indigofera oligophylla / Indigofera orthocarpa / species Indigofera orthocarpa / Indigofera sumatrana / species Indigofera sumatrana / Indigofera tinctoria / species Indigofera tinctoria / Indigofera tinctoria brachycarpa / variety Indigofera tinctoria brachycarpa / Indigofera tinctoria macrocarpa / variety Indigofera tinctoria macrocarpa / Indigofera tinctoria torulosa / variety Indigofera tinctoria torulosa / Indigofera tulearensis / species Indigofera tulearensis
- synonym of indigo: indigo plant
- more generic words: bush / shrub = a low woody perennial plant usually having several major stems
- more specific terms: Indigofera suffruticosa / Indigofera anil / anil = shrub of West Indies and South America that is a source of indigo dye
- member of: genus Indigofera / Indigofera = genus of tropical herbs and shrubs having odd-pinnate leaves and spurred flowers in long racemes or spikes
- geographic area: Caribbean, North America
- a blue-violet color
Alternative definition of the noun indigo
- A purplish-blue colour
- A blue dye obtained from certain plants (the indigo plant or woad), or a similar synthetic dye.
Definition of the adjective indigo
What does indigo mean as an attribute of a noun?
- IndiGo is an Indian budget airline company headquartered at Gurgaon, India. It is the fastest growing and also the largest airline in India with a market share of 32.6% as of May 2014. The airline offers 534 daily flights connecting to 37 destinations including 5 international destinations with its primary hub at Delhi's IGI Airport. It presently operates a fleet of 84 aircraft belonging to Airbus A320 family.
- also known as इंडिगो, IndiGo Airlines, Indigo Havayolları, อินดิโก้
- official website: www.goindigo.in
- Indigo Books & Music Inc. is a Canadian retail bookstore chain.
- also known as Indigo Books and Music, Indigo Books & Music Inc.
- official website: www.indigo.ca
- Indigo is a record label.
- official website: www.indigo.de
Who is Indigo?
Indigo is an American actress. She played Vaneeta on the Showtime series Weeds and Rona, one of the vampire slayer potentials, in the final season of the tv series Buffy, the Vampire Slayer.
- also known as Alyssa Ashley Nichols, Indigo Nichols, Alyssa A. Nichols
- born on (31 years ago) in Culver City, child of Lance E. Nichols and Zardis Nichols
- ethnicity: African American
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Actor, voice actor
- read more about Indigo (actress)
- Indigo is a musical group.
- albums: "Furioso", "Quintet à voix"
- Indigo is a musical group.
- album: "Perfect Day"
- Indigo is a musical group.
- albums: "Indigo", "Sub"
There are other groups with in their name, like Code Indigo, Indigo Blue, Indigo Down, Indigo Moss, Indigo Soul, indigo-blue, Indigo dying, Indigo Falls, Indigo Girls, Indigo Swing, Indigo Virus, Indigo Listen and Indigo jam unit.
Indigo is a fictional character, a superheroine in the DC Comics Universe, who is later revealed to be a supervillain. The character's first appearance was in Titans/Young Justice: Graduation Day #1.
- "Indigo" is a novel written by Alice Hoffman, published by Scholastic in 2002.
- genres: Fantasy, Children's literature, Fiction, Speculative fiction
- subjects: Death, Friendship
- copyright: 2002-04
- "Indigo" is a novel written by Marina Warner, published by Simon & Schuster in 1992. It is a modernized and altered retelling of William Shakespeare's, The Tempest. Within the novel, Warner appropriates Shakespeare's original plot and characters to fit a dual reality, spanning the 17th and 20th Centuries, and the colonial sphere of the Caribbean alongside post-colonial London. She expands certain characters, for example, Sycorax, Shakespeare's dark witch, is given her own identity as indigo maker and village sage. The colonialist realities of 'discovery' and the conquering of 'new' lands are played out in the novel's first section. Finally, the characters of Miranda and Caliban are unified in a shared acknowledgement of past colonial wrongs.
- "Indigo" is a film, directed by Stephen Simon.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Stephen Simon
- Neale Donald Walsch as Ray
- Meghan McCandless as Grace
- Gregory Linington as Alex
- Sarah Rutan as Cheryl
- Dane Bowman as Stewart
- Jos Viramontes
- Charlie Bass as Nicholas
- Rodney Blake as Cop at construction site
- Danforth Comins as Detective Price
- Jason Davis as Gregg
- Blu V. Do as Officer Nancy with Cheryl
- Adrian Elliot as Connor
- Leslie Diana Follett as Emma's mother
- David Gabriel as Cop at cabin
- Jimmy Garcia as Arresting Officer
- Maileya M. Glover as Grace
- Saffron Henke as Sara
- Angelina M. Hess-Glover as Grace
- Iansun Hyret as Cop at drug bust #1
- Liisa Ivory as Donna
- Larry Loop as Blonde Cop
- Lynette Louise as Sally
- Matt McTighe as Mike
- Michael Meyer as Motel Clerk
- Linda K. Morris as Cheryl's lawyer
- Nick Orzel as Old man with Alzheimer's
- John Pribyl as Henry
- Lynn Reynolds as Woman Officer
- Ian Reynolds-Kendall as Kid on bike
- Nancy Rodriguez as Diane
- Jackson Rowe as Jimmy
- Courtney Shier as Taylor
- Heather Simon as Emma
- John Toppo as Gene
- James Twyman Sr. as Desk Cop
- Angela Twyman as Sam
- Karus Walsch as Logan
- Nicholas Walsch as Victor
- Loria Ward as Patty
- Merrill Ward as Cop at protest
- Mike Webber as Police Officer 2
- Clint Wilhelms as Cop at drug bust #2
- music by Emilio Kauderer
- genres: Family Drama, Indie film, Family, Drama
- rating: Not Rated
- released in (12 years ago)
- "Indigo" is a short film, directed by Amanda Strong.
- "Indigo" is a film, directed by John Smith.
- "Indigo": The action takes place in the present day, in London, England. The story revolves around the 12 year old boy in an Anglicised British Indian family - Hanesh.
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- director: Jack Price
- producers: Jack Price & Jules Mascarenhas
- written by Jack Price
- cinematography by Oliver Elliott
- edited by Andreas Torner & Jack Price
- music by Christian Henson
- genres: Indie film, Fantasy, Religious Film, Drama
- released in (6 years ago)
- "Indigo" is the fourth studio album by the American pop band Never Shout Never. It was released on November 13, 2012 by Loveway Records. The album features the band recording as a whole for the second time; the first being in Time Travel. A bonus track was made available through some media outlets and also on the limited edition cassette tape. The album debuted at number 194 on the Billboard 200.
- genre: Indie pop
- released on
- "Indigo" is the third album by British pop/jazz/soul/dance band Matt Bianco, released in July 1988.
- "Indigo" a.k.a. "Índigo" is the third studio album by the Portuguese pop singer Susana Félix.It was recorded in 2006 and released in that same year. The lead single of the album was "Flutuo", followed by "Concilios", "Lua Na Ponte", "Sou Eu" and "Fintar a Pulsação".
- read more about Índigo
- "Indigo" is a debut album by Slovenian vocalist Maja Keuc. There's 11 songs on the album that are a mix of pop, jazz, soul and blues rhythms. Half of the songs are in English and there is a remixed version of Eurovision song No One.
- "Indigo" is a musical single of Moloko.
- released on (15 years ago)
- "Indigo" is the second recording material by Mexican singer Diego González. The first single disc was the pop song, "Perdido En Ti", which has the same version of the theme in English called "Losing Me" also included on the CD.
- "Indigo" is a musical album of Adolphson & Falk.
- released in (25 years ago)
- "Indigo" is a musical album of Patrick O'Hearn.
- released in (24 years ago)
- "Indigo" is a musical single of Rob Stevenson & Solar Movement.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Indigo" is a musical single of Frida Sundemo.
- released on
- "Indigo" is a musical album of François Feldman.
- released in (22 years ago)
- "Indigo" a.k.a. "Indigó" is a musical album of Bartók Eszter.
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Indigo" is a musical album of SampleMinded.
- released on
- "Indigo" is a musical single of Pole Folder.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "INDIGO" is a musical album of Hi-Fi Set.
- released on (30 years ago)
- "Indigo" is a musical EP of Bart B More.
- released on
- "Indigo" is a musical album of Bernardo Sassetti.
- released in (11 years ago)
- "Indigo" is a musical album of Anne Haigis.
- released in (26 years ago)
- "Indigo" is a cataloged instance, composition.
Indigo is a Venue in Honolulu.
- INDIGO, or IndIGO is a consortium of Indian gravitational-wave physicists. This is an initiative to set up advanced experimental facilities for a multi-institutional observatory project in gravitational-wave astronomy. Since 2009, the IndIGO Consortium has been involved in constructing the Indian roadmap for gravitational-wave astronomy and a phased strategy towards Indian participation in realizing a gravitational-wave observatory in the Asia-Pacific region. IndIGO is the Indian partner in planning the proposed LIGO-India project. LIGO-India is a proposed advanced gravitational-wave detector to be located in India, whose concept proposal is now under active consideration by the science funding agencies in India and USA.
- Indigo is an intelligent personal assistant developed by Artificial Solutions and which runs on Android, Windows phone and iOS. The application uses natural language understanding to answer a user's questions on a variety of topics, make recommendations and operate the user's device.
Phrases with Indigo
Phrases starting with the word Indigo:
- indigo bird
- Indigo Berry
- indigo broom
- Indigo Child
- indigo finch
- Indigo Macaw
- indigo plant
- indigo snake
- Indigo Hamlet
- Indigo Snakes
- indigo squill
Phrases ending with the word Indigo:
View more phrases with the word Indigo in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Indigo
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Dictionary of Chemistry (1830)
Containing the Principles and Modern Theories of the Science, with Its Application to the Arts, Manufactures, and Medicine... by Louis Nicolas Vauquelin, G. L. Brismontier
Indigo. Colouring matter, solid, without taste or odour., of a purple blue, volatilizes partially with heat, under the form of violet vapours similar to those of iodine. If neither dissolves in water, ether, or alcohol, except when the latter is heated.
The concentrated sulphuric acid attacks indigo briskly, and the inixture. - 344 - this arises partly from there being a more ačtive acid in one than in the other. Sulphat of zink has hitherto been little used in dying. It makes the ...
by Donald Wyman
amblyantha 6' Zone 5 Pink Indigo Valued only for its flowers which are small, pealike and pale lilac to purple to almost pink, borne in spikes 3-4 in. long, this shrub starts to ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Indigo
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Indigo
Click on an item to view that photo:
Gold Mill Sock
Photo credit: theurchiness
Photo credit: hlkljgk
Photo credit: Newtown grafitti
Cool indeed - Kolkata airport
Photo credit: mikecogh
You may recognize Bridget's husband or welcome facilitator of your morning buzz at the Lighthouse.
Well, still waters run deep. But then again, Indie's band is called the Vomiting Unicorns.
Photo credit: mahalie
Photo credit: Jinx!
Photo credit: BOMBMAN
Photo credit: MHimmelrich
Photo credit: illustir
- Indigo & MD
Collaboraton between Indigo and MD
Location: The Star of Bethnal Green...
Photo credit: AdversMedia
- Indigo Sunset
Selekoh Beach, Kuala Penyu
Photo credit: esmar.abdulhamid
- Indigo Flower
Photo credit: www.metaphoricalplatypus.com
- Indigo Pearl Resort - Phuket
Photo credit: Marc van der Chijs
- Indigo Bush
Photo credit: Monkeystyle3000
Shibori technique, blue indigo vat.
Photo credit: agistadler
- Indigo rain clouds A
Photo credit: B. J. Deming
View more pictures about Indigo Hamlet.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Indigo
Click on an item to play that video:
- Indigo Meaning
Video shows what indigo means. A purplish-blue colour. An indigo-colored dye obtained from certain plants (the or woad), or a similar synthetic dye.. An indigo ...
- Trevor Hall story time - meaning behind "Indigo" Fox Theater Boulder
- An explanation of Indigo pay-as-you-go solar in South Sudan
- Michael Bocian "Meaning Us" Dedicated to Indigo King
- Nevershoutnever- California Slang Indigo Tour 11/29/12
Nevershoutnever- California Slang Indigo Tour The Met, Pawtucket RI November 29th, 2012.
- Explanation On Indigo's Leaving|!!
- John Likides' Slideshow for FOUNDATIONS of MEANING Synced with 'Indigo'
This is an introduction (the Preface and the first paragraph of the first piece) to FOUNDATIONS OF MEANING: STORIES AND ESSAYS ON BEING IN THE ...
- Folded Flyer - Indigo 2009 - Explanation Video
- Light Language Chant Indigo by Tati Tati
- Indigo Incubator 2013 Standard Coding Language
See also the pronunciation examples of Indigo!
Quotes about Indigo
God in his usual strokes
splashing the colors
from indigo to magenta
to light blue to saffron
paints another day in the
the black canvass of our lives. (Ric S. Bastasa)
more quotes about indigo...
Scrabble value of I1N1D2I1G2O1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of INDIGO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Indigo!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Indigo to see it in context!