Ion appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- No, I met System Ion.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun ion
- Phrases with Ion
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ion
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ion
- Photos about Ion
- Videos about Ion
- Quotes about Ion
- Scrabble value of I1O1N1
- Anagrams of ION
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun ion
What does ion mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: ions
- a particle that is electrically charged (positive or negative); an atom or molecule or group that has lost or gained one or more electrons
- examples: Suffixes, 1: "-ion" creates nouns that show the meaning of 'action, state, process, results,' and so on. | This spacecraft is powered by ion thrusters.
- lexical domain: Natural Objects - nouns denoting natural objects (not man-made)
- more generic terms: particle / subatomic particle = a body having finite mass and internal structure but negligible dimensions
- more specific words:
Ion a.k.a. Impfondo Airport is an airport serving the town of Impfondo, Republic of the Congo.
- part of Congo
- Ion a.k.a. Ion Luca Caragiale was a Romanian playwright, short story writer, poet, theater manager, political commentator and journalist. He is considered one of the greatest Romanian playwrights and writers, a leading representative of local humor, and a main representative of Junimea, an influential literary society with which he parted during the second half of his life.
- read more about Ion Luca Caragiale
- Ion is a member of the musical group, Shaka Ponk.
- Ion a.k.a. Íon is a musical group.
- Ion is a musical group.
- album: "Future Forever"
- ion is a Japanese Indie, Trance/Remix group.
- album: "[email protected]"
- Ion is a Greek chocolate brand.
- official website: www.ion.gr/en
- Ion is a record label.
- Ion is a fictional character, a DC Comics superhero. Created by writer Judd Winick and artist Dale Eaglesham for Green Lantern vol. 3 #142, Ion was devised as the new superhero identity for Green Lantern protagonist Kyle Rayner. It was later revealed to be able to form mutualism with a host, bestowing its power to a host willingly. This followed a similar retcon as Parallax, originally the new supervillain alias of Hal Jordan, which was revealed to be a parasitic embodiment of fear in the 2004–2005 miniseries Green Lantern: Rebirth.
- Ion is a fictional supervillain character in the Marvel Universe.
- Ion is a fictional character in the 2010 film Morgen.
- Ion is a fictional character from the 2008 film Bullet in the Head.
- Ion is a fictional character from the 2011 film Bora Bora.
- Ion is a fictional character from the 2009 film Medal of Honor.
- Ion is a tv character, fictional character, film character.
- Ion is a fictional film character.
- Ion is a fictional character from the 2006 film The Tube with a Hat.
- Ion is a fictional character from the 2009 film Francesca.
- Ion is a fictional character in the 2003 film Maria.
- Ion is a fictional character from the 2012 film Of Snails and Men.
- Ion is a fictional character from the 2005 film The Prophecy: Uprising.
- Ion a.k.a. Ion al Glanetașului is a fictional character, book character, film character.
- read more about Ion al Glanetașului
- "Ion" is a musical album of Theorem.
- released on (15 years ago)
- "Ion" a.k.a. "[-ion]" is a musical album of The Eternal Afflict.
- released in (6 years ago)
- "Ion" is a musical single of D.I.M. & TAI.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Ion" is an ancient Greek play by Euripides, thought to be written between 414 and 412 BC. It follows the orphan Ion in the discovery of his origins.
- also known as "[Iōn]"; "Euripidis Ion"; "Euripides, Ion; with introduction and notes"; [Iōn]; The Ion of Euripides; Euripidis Ion; Euripides, Ion
- "Ion": In Plato's Ion Socrates discusses with Ion, a professional rhapsode who also lectures on Homer, the question of whether the rhapsode, a performer of poetry, gives his performance on account of his skill and knowledge or by virtue of divine possession. It is one of the shorter of Plato's dialogues.
- "Ion" is a book by Liviu Rebreanu.
- language: Romanian Language
- Ion al Glanetașului
- Vasile Baciu
- Învățătorul Herdelea
- Părintele Belciug
- Titu Herdelea
- George Bulbuc
- genre: Literary realism
- "Ion" is a film, directed by Olivier Magis.
- country: Belgium
- released in
- "Ion" is a 2013 sci-fi and drama film written by Daveigh Chase and Will Dunn, and directed by Danielle Colman.
- producer: Channing Tatum
- released on
- Ion: According to Greek mythology, Ion was the illegitimate child of Creüsa, daughter of Erechtheus and wife of Xuthus. He had a wife Tulipi, daughter of Strimon. Creusa conceived Ion with Apollo then she abandoned the child. Apollo asked Hermes to take Ion from his cradle. Ion was saved by a priestess of the Delphic Oracle. Later, Xuthus was informed by the oracle that the first person he met when leaving the oracle would be his son, and this person was Ion. He interpreted it to mean that he had fathered Ion, when, in fact, Apollo was giving him Ion as an adoptive son. Creusa was planning on killing Ion due to her jealousy that Xuthus had a son while she was still childless. At the same time, Ion was planning on doing harm to Creusa. In the end, Creusa found out that Ion was her child, and only Xuthus' adopted child. This is the story told in the tragedy Ion by Euripides.
- Ion: In Unix computing, Ion is a tiling and tabbing window manager for the X Window System. It is designed such that it is possible to manage windows using only a keyboard, without needing a mouse. It is the successor of PWM and is written by the same author, Tuomo Valkonen. Since the first release of Ion in the summer 2000, similar alternative window management ideas have begun to show in other new window managers: Larswm, ratpoison, StumpWM, wmii, xmonad and awesome.
- license: GNU Lesser General Public License
- official website: iki.fi/tuomov/ion
- The Ion is an electropneumatic paintball marker manufactured by Smart Parts. At the time of its release, the Ion was the first fully electropneumatic marker to target entry-level players, at a price point previously inhabited only by Spyders and other mechanical blowbacks. The Ion has generally been credited with making high-rate-of-fire electropneumatic markers available to the masses, at a time when electropneumatic markers were considered out of reach of most casual or budget players.
- ION: The Illinois Observing Nanosatellite is the first CubeSat mission developed by the students of University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The satellite was lost in the failure of the Dnepr-1 launch on 26 July 2006. Completed in April 2005 as a part of the Illinois Tiny Satellite Initiative, the satellite took almost four years to be designed, built and tested by an interdisciplinary team of student engineers. The payloads included a photometer, a micro-thruster and a camera.
- Ion is a free Canadian monthly entertainment magazine. It was founded in 2003 and is distributed in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, and Montreal.
- official website: www.ionmagazine.ca
- Ion is a file format.
- Ion: An atom or molecule having a positive or negative charge owing to the loss or gain of one or more electrons.
Phrases with Ion
Phrases starting with the word Ion:
Phrases ending with the word Ion:
- Heavy Ion
- Onitis Ion
- Thecla Ion
- Amidium Ion
- Aminium Ion
- Arenium ion
- calcium ion
- Complex Ion
- Oxylium Ion
- Radical ion
- Alkanium Ion
- ammonium ion
View more phrases with the word Ion in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ion
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Chemistry of Beer (2013)
The Science in the Suds by Roger Barth
A hydrogen ion is a hydrogen atom that has left its electron behind. Because a...
The hydronium ion is the signature of an acid in water.
Theoretical Studies of Structure-Function Relationships in KV Channels: Electrostatics of the Voltage Sensor
For example, an ion is an atom or molecule in which the number of nuclear elementary charges is not identical to the number of electron charges. A classical approximation for an atomic ion is a point charge at the center of a sphere where the ...
Electrical West (1911)
A negative ion is any free electron, or any atom or unit atomic aggregation that has captured electrodynamically one, or at the most,
by Jack Cazes
Small, Ion Chromatography, Plenum, New York. 7. 5. D. T. Gjerde and J. S. Fritz, Ion Chromatography, 2nd ed., Huthig, New York, 1987. 6. L. R. Snyder and J. J. Kirkland, Introduction to Modern Liq- J. E. Hnky uid Chromatography, 2nd ed. , ...
by Dipak K. Basu
ion acoustic wave where A is the amplitude, α, β are constants, t is the time, and x is the position. Hence, as the amplitude increases the speed increases, while the width shrinks. Solitons are related to shock waves through a quasi-potential ...
A Dictionary of Biology (2015)
by Robert Hine
ion exchange rather than a striated appearance. These cells occur singly, in groups, or as sheets in the skin, around hair follicles, and in the digestive tract, respiratory tract, urinogenital tract, and the circulatory system. The cells contract ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ion
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ion
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: dR junix
Photo credit: soeperbaby
- Google Ion
Photo credit: abraham.williams
- ION Orchard
ION Orchard is set to become an important landmark in Singapore and a showpiece in the premier shopping district
Photo credit: williamcho
- Ion Druta (1989).
Ion Druta is a writer from Moldova.
Photo credit: Ion Chibzii
- Ion Sturza (1999).
Ion Sturza (at the left) - the Moldavian politician.
Photo credit: Ion Chibzii
- Ion Druta (1988).
Writer Ion Druta on a visit at Chisinau.
Photo credit: Ion Chibzii
- ION trifurcation
Photo credit: Lars Plougmann
- ION SKY
Photo credit: chinnian
- Orchard Ion
Photo credit: u07ch
- Artist-set designer Ion Puiu (1985).
Photo credit: Ion Chibzii
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Ion
Click on an item to play that video:
- Alkanium ion Meaning
Video shows what alkanium ion means. Any carbocation obtained by hydrogenation of an alkane.. Alkanium ion Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
- Crowley atom to ion explanation
Brief explanation of why atoms become ions and how they obtain their charges. Prior knowledge required regarding electron configuration and isoelectronic.
- Ion Meaning
Video shows what ion means. An atom or group of atoms bearing an electrical charge such as the sodium and chlorine atoms in a salt solution.. ion ...
- Ion Meaning
Video shows what Ion means. Son of Creusa and Xuthus, and the ancestor of Ionian people.. Ion Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
- Bromonium ion Meaning
Video shows what bromonium ion means. Any halonium ion in which the halogen is bromine.. Bromonium ion Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
- Benzenonium ion Meaning
Video shows what benzenonium ion means. A benzenium ion.. Benzenonium ion Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
- Ion boilers (heaters) STAFOR control panel connection explanation
Most cheap heating, electrical, electrode, ion boilers (heaters) STAFOR. Very high Coefficient of performance. Small sizes and automatic work. On this video you ...
- Ion Pumps Explanation
Ion Pumps Explanation.
- Ion engine Meaning
Video shows what ion engine means. a type of spacecraft propulsion, whereby electric fields accelerate ions out the exhaust to provide motive force. ion engine ...
- Ion channel Meaning
Video shows what ion channel means. a protein complex or single protein which penetrates a cell membrane and catalyzes the passage of specific ions through ...
- Vocabulary Ions, Ionic Bonding, Ion Compunds
This video contains graphic images.
- HME ION IQ - How to Change Language on a Belt-Pac
- DDRGame Ion Pro Noisy and False description on website
- Official Ion Drum Rocker For ROCKBAND 2 In More Description!
Don't just play games. Play DRUMS! Drum Rocker delivers the most realistic drumming experience available to any gamer, regardless of platform.
View more videos about Heavy Ion, Ion Mirror, Amidium Ion, Aminium Ion, Arenium Ion, Complex Ion, Ion Carrier, Ion Milling, Oxylium Ion, Radical ion, Halonium Ion, Hydrogen ion, Iodonium Ion, Ion Channels, Ion exchange, Arenonium Ion, Benzenium Ion, Carbenium ion, Carbonium ion, Arsanylium Ion, Chloronium Ion, Fluoronium Ion, Ion Channelopathy, Lithium Ion Battery, Ion selective electrode, and Secondary ion mass spectrometry.
See also the pronunciation examples of Ion!
Quotes about Ion
Scrabble value of I1O1N1
The value of this 3-letter word is 3 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ION
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Ion!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ion to see it in context!