On this page:
- Jack Webb: John Randolph "Jack" Webb, also known by the pen name John Randolph, was an American actor, television producer, director, and screenwriter, who is most famous for his role as Sergeant Joe Friday in the radio and television series, Dragnet. He was also the founder of his own production company, Mark VII Limited.
- also known as John Randolph Webb; John Randolph; John Randolph "Jack" Webb; Preston Wood; Webb, Jack
- born on (95 years ago) in Santa Monica, child of Samuel Chester Webb and Margaret Webb
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Actor, film director, television producer, screenwriter, television director, film producer
- died on (33 years ago) in West Hollywood of myocardial infarction
- buried in Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Hollywood Hills
- read more about Jack Webb (actor)
- Jack Webb is Howard Webb's son.
- child of Howard Webb
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Jack Webb
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Television (2014)
by Horace Newcomb, Lambdin Kay Distinguished Professor for the Peabody Awards Horace Newcomb
Dragnet, Jack Webb, Harry Morgan, 1967–70. Courtesy of the Everett Collection new series from its 1950s counterpart. In the new series, Friday was once again a sergeant, now paired with Officer Bill Gannon (Harry Morgan). Though the style ...
by Mitchel P. Roth
Creator Jack Webb had received the cooperation of Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD)* Chief William Henry Parker,* who reportedly viewed the show with a bit of trepidation. When the show premiered on television on January 3, 1952, ...
Factual and Fictional Series About Judges, Lawyers and the Courtroom, 1948-2008 by Hal Erickson
Executive Producer: Jack Webb. Cast: Robert Conrad (Deputy D.A. Paul Ryan); Harry Morgan (Chief Deputy District Attorney H. M.“Staff” Stafford); Ned Romero ( D.A. Investigator Bob Ramirez); Julie Cobb (Deputy Public Defender Katherine ...
by James Stuart Olson
Produced by Jack Webb of Dragnet fame and broadcast by NBC, it featured the exploits of two ...
by Thomas S. Hischak
including the suspense classic The Hitch-Hiker, written by Director Gordon Douglas Michael Curtiz David Butler David Butler Michael Curtiz Jack Donohue George Cukor Gordon Douglas Jack Webb Gordon Douglas Anthony Mann George ...
by Christopher H. Sterling
Robinson, Bea Benaderet, Jack Webb, Mary Pickford, Jack ...
Encyclopedia of Film Noir (2007)
by Geoff Mayer, Brian McDonnell
Jack Webb (Augie), Ed Begley (Barney), Henry Morgan (Soldier), Mike Mazurki (Sidney Winant). While its title makes it seem a quintessential noir film, Dark City is not quite as gloomy or pessimistic as its ...
by James Stuart Olson
Starring Jack Webb as Sergeant Joe Friday of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), Dragnet offered up true crime stories taken from the records of the LAPD. Included in the cast over the years were Barton Yarborough, Barney Phillips, ...
by Melissa U. D. Goldsmith, Paige A. Willson, Anthony J. Fonseca
Director: Jack Webb Screenplay: Richard L. Breen proDucer: Jack Webb; aSSiStant Director: Harry D'Arcy; Director of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Jack Webb
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Jack Webb to see it in context!