James L. Peacock
On this page:
Who is James L. Peacock?
James L. Peacock is a 1980 Guggenheim Fellow in Social Sciences.
- also known as James. Peacock
- born on (78 years ago)
- nationality: United States of America
- education: PhD (Social anthropology) at Harvard University, graduated in
- written works: "Consciousness and change", "Rites of modernization", "Grounded Globalism", "Muslim puritans", "Pilgrims of paradox", "Purifying the faith", "Indonesia: an anthropological perspective", "The anthropological lens", "How to get your children into television commercials", "Charlie", "Hawl"
- award: - Guggenheim Fellowship for Social Sciences, US & Canada (Anthropology & Cultural Studies)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for James L. Peacock
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Comfort Women (2008)
Sexual Violence and Postcolonial Memory in Korea and Japan by C. Sarah Soh
Kenan Professor of Anthropology at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, James L. Peacock is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and a former President of the American Anthropological Association.
Essays from the 1995 London Conference by Stanley E. Porter, Thomas H. Olbricht
The anthropologist James L. Peacock is an important guide for ...
by Adam Kuper
JAMES L. PEACOCK CARRIE MATTHEWS UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA. References. Anderson, B.R. (1983) Imagined Communities, London. Bateson, G. (1972) Steps to an Ecology of Mind, New York Benedict, ...
Volume 10: Law and Politics by James W. Ely Jr., Bradley G. Bond
James L. Peacock and Carrie R. Matthews, eds., The American South in a Global World (2005); Victor Zuniga and Ruben Hernandez-Leon, eds., New Destinations: Mexican Immigration in ...
by Wendy Doniger, Merriam-Webster, Inc
• James L. Peacock, Muslim Puritans: Reformist Psychology in Southeast Asian Islam (1978) • F.E. Peters, Muhammad and the Origins of Islam (1994) • Rudolph Peters, Islam and Colonialism: The ...
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
• James L. Peacock, Muslim Puritans: Reformist Psychology in ...
by Barbara A. West
James L. Peacock. Indonesia: An Anthropological Perspective (Pacific Palisades, Calif.: Goodyear, 1973). Jim Schiller and Barbara Martin-Schiller, eds. Imagining Indonesia: Cultural Politics and Political Culture (Athens: Ohio University ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for James L. Peacock
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: