On this page:
- James Shannon: James Michael Shannon, also known as Jim Shannon, is a Democratic politician from Massachusetts. He served in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1979 to 1985, and later as the Massachusetts Attorney General.
- James Shannon: James Norman Knight Shannon is an Irish cricketer. Shannon is a right-handed batsman who bowls right-arm off spin. On 26 May 2013, Shannon made his One Day International debut for Ireland against Pakistan.
- James Shannon was an Irish American academic, evangelist and second President of the University of Missouri He was born in Monaghan County, Ireland and educated at the Royal Belfast Academical Institution. Shannon was also a co-founder of Columbia College and the first president of Culver-Stockton College. He is buried at the Columbia Cemetery in Columbia, Missouri.
- born in (217 years ago)
- nationality: United States of America
- died in (157 years ago)
- James Shannon a.k.a. James P. Shannon: James Patrick Shannon was a Roman Catholic bishop. Born in South St. Paul, Minnesota, James Shannon was ordained to the Catholic priesthood on June 8, 1946 for the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis. On February 8, 1965, Pope Paul VI appointed him to be the auxiliary bishop for the Archdiocese and he was ordained a Bishop on March 31, 1965. On November 22, 1968, Bishop Shannon resigned as auxiliary bishop because of his opposition to Pope Paul VI's encyclical Humanae Vitae. James Shannon died in Wayzata, Minnesota.
- read more about James P. Shannon
- James Shannon is a dolby sound consultant.
- profession: Dolby sound consultant
- James Shannon appeared in the 1989 film Blue Steel.
- James Shannon served one term as a member of the South Australian House of Assembly for the Electoral district of Light from 16 April 1878 to 24 April 1881.
- born in (176 years ago)
- nationality: Australia
- profession: Politician
- died on (124 years ago)
- James Shannon a.k.a. James C. Shannon was an American politician and the 77th Governor of Connecticut.
- read more about James C. Shannon
- James Shannon was an Irish Labour Party politician and trade union official. He was elected to Dáil Éireann as a Labour Party Teachta Dála for the Wexford constituency at the June 1927 general election. He lost his seat at the September 1927 general election having only served 3 months as a TD. He was an unsuccessful candidate at the 1932 general election.
- James Shannon was the father of Ethel Shannon.
There are other people with in their name, like James Shannon Murphy.
- James Shannon is a fictional character from the 1970 film 4 Clowns.
- James Shannon is a fictional film character.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for James Shannon
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Douglas A. Foster
James Shannon and the Restoration Movement (1999) • James Shannon, An Address Delivered Before the Pro-Slavery Convention of the State of Missouri ( 1855) • James Shannon, The Philosophy of Slavery as Identified with the Philosophy ...
Containing the History of Australasia from 1542 to May, 1879 by John Henniker Heaton
,, James Shannon. , Luke Liddiard Furner. ,, William Knox Simms. Hon. Lavington Glyde. ,, Edward Thomas Smith. Mr. Arthur Hardy. ,, Francis William Stokes. ,, Charles Simeon Hare. ,, William ...
by R. W. McColl
James Shannon Buchanan and Edward Everett Dale, A History of Oklahoma (Row, Peterson and Company, 1924); Luther B. Hill, A History of the State of Oklahoma (Lewis Publishing, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for James Shannon
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about James Shannon
Click on an item to view that photo:
- James Shannon VI
Where the streams of whiskey are flowing...
Photo credit: Daquella manera
- James Shannon Yearbook
Photo credit: scupperssf
Quotes about James Shannon
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'James Shannon"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Anagrams of JAMES SHANNON
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of James Shannon!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of James Shannon to see it in context!