On this page:
- John Hewson: John Robert Hewson AM is an Australian economist, company director and a former politician. He was federal leader of the Liberal Party of Australia from 1990 to 1994 and led the party to defeat at the 1993 federal election.
- born on (68 years ago) in Sydney
- nationality: Australia
- profession: Politician, economist
- John Hewson: Colonel John Hewson was a soldier in the New Model Army and signed the death warrant of King Charles I, making him a regicide.
- died in (353 years ago)
- John Hewson is the son of Bono and Ali Hewson.
- John Hewson, was an American textile artist.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for John Hewson
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Early Republic and Antebellum America: An Encyclopedia of Social, Political, Cultural, and Economic History (2015)
An Encyclopedia of Social, Political, Cultural, and Economic History by Christopher G. Bates
Amelung of Germany and cloth dyer John Hewson of England¦also brought valuable industrial secrets to the United States.
by Robert Lawrence Trask
Bashir, Alan Bombard, Lars Borin, Vit Bubenik, Lyle Campbell, Miguel Carras- quer Vidal, Richard Coates, John Costello, Peter Daniels, Scott Delancey , Guy Deutscher, Aharon Dolgopolsky, Isidore Dyen, Chris Ehret, Hans- Olav Engel, Alice Faber, Suzanne Fleischmann, Stefan Georg, Mark Robert Hale, Leonard Herzenberg, John Hewson, Richard Hogg, Martin Huld, Ernst Håkon Jahr, ...
Prepared for Presentation to the Associated Advertising Clubs of the World on the Occasion of Their Visit to Philadelphia in June of the Good Year 1916
Still earlier, about 1788, John Hewson, a Revolutionary soldier, started a print works at Dyottville ( Richmond, Philadelphia). In 1809I Thorp, Siddall & Co., of Germantown, made the first calicos from copper rolls. This was the beginning of the modern calico trade in America.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for John Hewson
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about John Hewson
Mr JOHN HEWSON
Photo credit: RubyGoes
Quotes about John Hewson
I never wanted to separate from either wife. It was accumulated stress. We had virtually no time to ourselves. After politics we were both working very hard to establish new careers. (John Hewson)
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of John Hewson to see it in context!