On this page:
Definition of the noun john mccormick
What does john mccormick mean as a name of something?
- United States operatic tenor (born in Ireland) (1884-1945)
- John McCormick is Jean Monnet Chair of European Union Politics at Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, and was department chair from 2001 until 2008. He spent eight years working in the environmental movement before becoming an academic. His research and teaching interests have moved from environmental policy to comparative politics and the politics and policies of the European Union.
- born in (62 years ago) in Ilfracombe
- nationality: United States of America, United Kingdom
- profession: Political scientist
- written works: "Environmental Policy in the European Union", "Another music", "Deductive interpretation of the natal horoscope", "John McCormick, landscapes", "British Politics and the Environment", "Contemporary Britain, Second Edition", "The User's Guide to the Environment", "Dion Bocicault (1820-1890)", "Reclaiming Paradise", "Computer & the Americans", "Acid Earth"
- John McCormick, is a former professional footballer. Playing as a centre back he made a total of 334 appearances in the Football League and Scottish League, for Third Lanark, Aberdeen and Crystal Palace before moving into non-league football with Wealdstone.
- John McCormick a.k.a. John W. McCormick: John Watts McCormick was a U.S. Representative from Ohio.
- read more about John W. McCormick
- John McCormick a.k.a. John P. McCormick: John Patrick McCormick, known professionally as John P. McCormick, is a former correspondent for Newsweek and the current deputy editorial page editor for the Chicago Tribune. Before joining the Tribune, he was Newsweek's Midwest correspondent for 18 years. He was the recipient of the American Society of Newspaper Editors' 2002 Distinguished Writing Award for Editorial Writing, for his editorials on the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the Afghanistan War, the "Renaissance of Black Chicago", and efforts to sell naming rights for the Soldier Field. In December 2008, he also drew considerable attention for his role in the Rod Blagojevich scandal.
- read more about John P. McCormick
- John McCormick was an American film producer associated with the Hollywood studio First National Pictures. Between 1923 and 1930 he was married to Colleen Moore, one of the highest-paid and most popular stars of the silent era. McCormick was initially unconvinced by the development of sound films and vetoed Moore appearing in them. He changed his mind in 1929 and placed Moore in her first talkie Smiling Irish Eyes which was not a great success. Their marriage was under increasing strain and in 1930 the couple divorced.
- born on (122 years ago) in Kansas City
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Film producer
- died on (54 years ago) in Hollywood
- films produced:
- John McCormick a.k.a. John D. McCormick: John McCormick is a Bloomberg News reporter based in Chicago who covers national politics and government. He followed Barack Obama's presidential bid from its start in February 2007 and traveled with the candidate to nearly 40 states while working for the Chicago Tribune. Obama and McCormick developed a friendly rapport during the campaign. In August 2008, McCormick asked Obama if he was still "shopping" for a vice president.
- read more about John D. McCormick
- John McCormick is an author and historian.
- also known as John O. McCormick, John Owen McCormick
- born on (97 years ago) in Thief River Falls
- nationality: United States of America
- education: University of Minnesota College of Liberal Arts, graduated in
- profession: Historian, author
- died on (5 years ago) in Hovingham
- written works: "Catastrophe & imagination", "Fiction as knowledge", "The middle distance", "Melodrama theatres of the French Boulevard", "Wolfe, Malraux, Hesse", "The complete aficionado", "George Santayana: A Biography"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- Guggenheim Fellowship for Humanities, US & Canada (Literary Criticism)
- nominated to Pulitzer Prize for Biography or Autobiography - "George Santayana: A Biography"
- John McCormick: John Joseph McCormick, Jr. was a professional American football player who played quarterback and punter for with the Minnesota Vikings and Denver Broncos from 1962-1968.
- John McCormick is the husband of Cassandra McCormick.
- John Mccormick a.k.a. John F. McCormick is an actor.
- read more about John F. McCormick (actor)
- John McCormick is a screen writer.
- John McCormick was a merchant and political figure in Nova Scotia, Canada. He represented Cape Breton County in the Nova Scotia House of Assembly from 1894 to 1897 as a Liberal-Conservative. McCormick sat for Sydney Mines division in the Senate of Canada from 1921 to 1936.
- born on (157 years ago)
- died on (79 years ago)
- John McCormick works in film and television in the sound department.
- also known as John D. McCormick
- read more about John McCormick (film director)
- John McCormick: John K. McCormick was a unionist politician in Northern Ireland.
- profession: Politician
- John McCormick is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about John McCormick (actor)
- John McCormick a.k.a. John E. McCormick was an American Democratic politician and jurist from Wisconsin.
- read more about John E. McCormick
- John McCormick is a 1994 News & Documentary Emmy Award for Outstanding Sound nominee.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for John McCormick
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Francess G. Halpenny
Jean-Charles Lilly, George Lloyd, Jesse Longley, George Longworth, Francis Lorimier, Jean-Baptiste de Macallum, John McCormick, William McCulloch, Thomas Macdonald, John Small McDonell, Alexander McDonell, John McDonell ...
by Newton Bateman, Paul Selby
John McCormick, the paternal grandfather, ...
The Max Weber Dictionary (2016)
Key Words and Central Concepts, Second Edition by Richard Swedberg, Ola Agevall
John McCormick, Weber, Habermas and Transformations of the European State: Constitutional, Social, and Supranational Democracy (2009), and Sandro ...
by Wayne R. Dynes
John McCormick, George Santayana: A Biography, New York: Paragon House, 1988. Warren Johansson SAPPHO (CA. 612-CA. 560 B.C.) Classical Greek poet.
FIVE-VOLUME SET by Paul Robbins
John McCormick, Reclaiming Paradise: The Global Environmental Movement (Indiana University Press, 1989); John R. McNeill, ...
Europe by Don Rubin, Peter Nagy, Philippe Rouyer
John McCormick Design Irish theatre has been led by its playwrights in 488 IRELAND.
by Kathryn Cullen-DuPont
Ingrassia, Michele, and Melinda Beck, with reporting by Ginny Carroll, Nina Archer Biddle, Karen Springen, Patrick Rogers, John McCormick, Jeanne Gordon , Allison Samuels and Mary Hager. “Patterns of Abuse.” Newsweek, July 4, 1994.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for John McCormick
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about John McCormick
Secretary Richardson and John McCormick
Secretary of State Dennis Richardson...
Photo credit: Oregon Secretary of State
Quotes about John McCormick
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'John McCormick"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of John McCormick to find many related words and phrases!