Johnny Downs (actor)
On this page:
Who is Johnny Downs?
Johnny Downs was an American actor. Son of a Naval aviator, he was taken to Hollywood in 1921 when his father was transferred to the San Diego naval base. He began his career as a child actor, most notably playing Johnny in the Our Gang short series from 1923 to 1926. He remained active in films, television, and theatre up through the early 1960s.
- also known as John Morey Downs, John Down
- born on (101 years ago) in Brooklyn
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Actor
- Marriage with June Downs until
- parent of
- died on (21 years ago) in Coronado of cancer
- "45 Minutes from Hollywood"
- "Thundering Fleas"
- "Seeing the World"
- "The Champeen"
- "Adventures of the Flying Cadets"
- "I Can't Give You Anything But Love, Baby"
- "The Arizona Raiders"
- "Pigskin Parade"
- played David Stoddard (Older David Stoddard) in "Adam Had Four Sons"
- "Freckles Comes Home"
- "Campus Rhythm"
- "The Mad Monster"
- "Laugh It Off"
- "All-American Co-Ed"
- played Johnny (Uncredited) in "The Fourth Alarm"
- played John Fraser in "Bad Boy"
- played Ted Hartley in "Hawaiian Nights"
- played Fred Gray in "First Offenders"
- "Blonde Trouble"
- "Telling Whoppers"
- "Shivering Spooks"
- "Ask Grandma"
- "Chicken Feed"
- played Johnnie in "Buried Treasure"
- TV series:
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Johnny Downs (actor)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Johnny Downs for some fun with words!