- Kao is an island and stratovolcano in Tonga. It reaches 1,030 m above sea level, the highest point in Tonga. The date of its last eruption is unknown, and fresh lava flows are not seen, but the absence of deep erosional gullies or high sea cliffs suggests a very recent origin. It lies about 6 km north of Tofua island. The slopes of the island rise at angles exceeding 35 degrees to the summit, which has a series of small volcanic craters. The island is densely jungled on its lower flanks, while the upper slopes are almost bare.
- also known as 高岛, کائو
- part of Tonga
- Kao a.k.a. Kuusamo Airport is an airport in Kuusamo, Finland. It is located 6 kilometres north-east from Kuusamo town centre.
There are other places with Kao in their name, like Kao Hsiung.
- Kao a.k.a. Jirayu La-ongmanee, nicknamed Kao, is a Thai actor. He has starred in several Thai soap operas and films, and has done advertising and modelling work as well.
- Kao was a Japanese priest-painter whose work is considered typical of early Muromachi painting.
- Kao is a fictional character from the 2008 film BitterSweet BoydPod The Short Film.
- Kao is a fictional character from the 1996 film Goodbye South, Goodbye.
"Kao" a.k.a. "Face" is a 2000 Japanese film directed by Junji Sakamoto. At the 24th Japan Academy Prize it won one award and received four other nominations.
- country: Japan
- language: Japanese Language
- producer: Yukiko Shii
- written by Isamu Uno & Junji Sakamoto
- based on a story by Isamu Uno
- cinematography by Norimichi Kasamatsu
- edited by Toshihide Fukano
- music by Yasuhiro Kobayashi
- genres: Japanese Movies, Comedy, Drama
- rating: G
- released on (14 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- Mainichi Eiga Concours Award for Best Film, received by Junji Sakamoto
- Japan Academy Prize for Picture of the Year nomination for Junji Sakamoto
- Japan Academy Prize for Director of the Year nomination for Junji Sakamoto
- Japan Academy Prize for Screenplay of the Year nomination for Junji Sakamoto & Isamu Uno
- Japan Academy Prize for Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role nomination for Michiyo Okusu
- Japan Academy Prize for Outstanding Achievement in Music nomination for Yasuhiro Kobayashi
- Japan Academy Prize for Director of the Year, received by Junji Sakamoto
- Kao a.k.a. Kaō: A kaō or huāyā is a stylized signature or a mark used in east Asia in place of a true signature.
- also known as Kaou
- Kao a.k.a. Kaō was a Japanese era name after Nin'an and before Jōan. This period spanned the years from April 1169 through April 1171. The reigning emperor was Takakura-tennō.
- also known as 嘉應
- Kao a.k.a. Xaasongaxango Language: The Kassonke language, Xaasongaxango, or Western Maninka, is a Manding language spoken by the Khassonké of western Mali and by the Malinke of eastern Senegal. The Kassonke variety is a national language in Mali. The two varieties are 90% mutually intelligible, though distinct from the Mandinka of western Senegal, which is a national language there.
- also known as Xasonga, Xaasonga, Khasonke, Khassonka, Xaasongaxango, Kasso, Kasonke, Kasson, Xasonke, Kassonke, Khassonké, Kassonke language
- Kao is a small lunar crater that is located near the eastern limb of the Moon. It lies near the southern edge of the Mare Smythii, a lunar mare that continues onto the far side of the surface. This crater lies to the east-southeast of the crater Widmannstätten. Less than a crater diameter to the north-northeast is the small crater Tucker.
- also known as کائو, 高平子環形山
- Kao is a TV program, begun on (11 years ago).
- Kao a.k.a. amiloride binding protein 1 (amine oxidase (copper-containing)) is a gene.
- also known as histaminase, amiloride-sensitive amine oxidase [copper-containing], amiloride-binding protein-1, amiloride binding protein 1, kidney amine oxidase, amiloride-binding protein, diamine oxidase
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Kao
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Resilient Cities 2 (2012)
Cities and Adaptation to Climate Change – Proceedings of the Global Forum 2011 by Konrad Otto-Zimmermann
Kao is a distinguished professor with the Institute of Environmental Engineering at National Sun Yat-Sen University, Kaohsiung, ...
by Jean Magistrale
KAO is a partner in the San Diego and Rancho Santa Fe offices of Luce, Forward, Hamilton & Scripps LLP, and specializes in estate planning, probate and trust administration, charitable giving and nonprofit and tax-exempt ...
Botanicum Sinicum (1895)
by E. Bretschneider
The larger sort is called kao Hang kiang, the smaller tu jo. In the T'ang period the tu jo was brought as tribute from Hia chou [t\ supra]. Ch., XXV, 9 : — Tu jo. Representation of a Zingi~ hevacea, probably an Alpinia, Ji ||£ Hang kiang is given as ...
Station Bulletin (1888)
however, where still further reduction of phos- *PaOt; means phosphoric acid: KaO means potash; N means nitrogen. phone acid was made and potash increased, the yield was 9. Plots. Analysis. Yield per acre. •PsOS. K„0 .
The Nautical Magazine (1842)
A Journal of Papers on Subjects Connected with Maritime Affairs
Kao is a perfect pyramid, about 5,000 feet high. Tofoa has an active volcano at the north end, and is about 2,800 feet high. A remarkable lake is spoken of on Tofoa ; the islanders bring from it numbers of black small pebbles of igneous origin, ...
by Joseph Gelfer
com Ying-Chao Kao is an activist scholar, pursuing a doctorate in About the Authors 267.
by Royal Asiatic Society of Great Britain and Ireland. North China Branch, Shanghai, China Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society, Royal Asiatic Society of Great Britain and Ireland. China Branch, Shanghai Literary and Scientific Society
The larger sort is called kao Hang Many, the smaller tu jo. In the T'ang period the tu jo was brought as tribute from Hia chou [y. supra']. Ch., XXV, 9 : — Tu jo. Representation of a Zingi- beracea, probably an Alpinia, 'JJ j£ Hang kiang is given as ...
Friendly and Feejee Islands: a Missionary Visit to various stations in the South Seas in 1847. Edited by E. Hoole (1850)
by Walter LAWRY, Elijah HOOLE
Kao is a conical island eight hundred or a thousand feet above the sea: it stands near Tofua, a little to the north. Tradition says, it was thrown out by the gods from the middle of Tofua, where the sheet of water now is. There are few inhabitants, ...
Very Large Data Bases (2004)
by Mario A. Nascimento
The approximate output Kao is a superset of the exact output Kco. 2. The current ASW answer for each substream in the approximate output satisfies a relaxed version of the range condition R. Specifically, if R is of the form (v,oo), for every key ...
Encyclopedia of Algorithms (2008)
by Ming-Yang Kao
Japan Encyclopedia (2002)
by Louis Fr?d?ric, Louis-Frédéric
Kao. Era of Emperor Takakura: Apr. 1169-Apr. 1171.SeeNENGO. • Buddhist monk (fourteenth century) and painter of the Muromachi suiboku school. • Monograms derived from signatures and used by many important people to sign private or ...
The London encyclopaedia, or, Universal dictionary of science, art, literature, and practical mechanics, by the orig. ed. of the Encyclopaedia metropolitana [T. Curtis]. (1839)
by Thomas Curtis (of Grove house sch, Islington)
KAO. 307. mg the influence of the Moon on the Weather. ...
by Leo Paul Dana
Kao,. Rowland. R. Kao. and. Kenneth. R. Kao. At the 1995 Entrepreneurship Conference held in Shanghai and jointly run by China's Fu- Dan ...
by William J. Frawley
Kao: also called Kau, Ka'u.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Kao
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Kao
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about Kao
Khmer song, sen sday sronos arlos noun laong by kao sarath
See also the pronunciation examples of Kao!
Scrabble value of K5A1O1
The value of this 3-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of KAO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Kao!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Kao to see it in context!