On this page:
- Kao is an island and stratovolcano in Tonga. It reaches 1,030 m above sea level, the highest point in Tonga. The date of its last eruption is unknown, and fresh lava flows are not seen, but the absence of deep erosional gullies or high sea cliffs suggests a very recent origin. It lies about 6 km north of Tofua island. The slopes of the island rise at angles exceeding 35 degrees to the summit, which has a series of small volcanic craters. The island is densely jungled on its lower flanks, while the upper slopes are almost bare.
- also known as 高岛, کائو
- part of Tonga
- Kao a.k.a. Kuusamo Airport is an airport in Kuusamo, Finland. It is located 6 kilometres north-east from Kuusamo town centre.
- Kao a.k.a. Jirayu La-ongmanee, nicknamed Kao, is a Thai actor. He has starred in several Thai soap operas and films, and has done advertising and modelling work as well.
- read more about Jirayu La-ongmanee (actor)
- Kao was a Japanese priest-painter whose work is considered typical of early Muromachi painting.
- Kao is a fictional character from the 2008 film BitterSweet BoydPod The Short Film.
- Kao is a fictional character from the 1996 film Goodbye South, Goodbye.
- Kao is a fictional character in the 2009 drama film Princess Ka'iulani.
- Kao is a fictional character from the 2007 film Batanes.
- Kao is a fictional character from the 2005 film The White Countess.
- Kao is a fictional character from the 1970 film When Women Had Tails.
- Kao is a fictional character from the 1993 film All Men Are Brothers - Blood of the Leopard.
"Kao" a.k.a. "Face" is a 2000 Japanese film directed by Junji Sakamoto. At the 24th Japan Academy Prize it won one award and received four other nominations.
- read more about Face
- Kao a.k.a. Kaō: A kaō or huāyā is a stylized signature or a mark used in east Asia in place of a true signature.
- also known as Kaou
- Kao a.k.a. Kaō was a Japanese era name after Nin'an and before Jōan. This period spanned the years from April 1169 through April 1171. The reigning emperor was Takakura-tennō.
- also known as 嘉應
- Kao a.k.a. Xaasongaxango Language: The Kassonke language, Xaasongaxango, or Western Maninka, is a Manding language spoken by the Khassonké of western Mali and by the Malinke of eastern Senegal. The Kassonke variety is a national language in Mali. The two varieties are 90% mutually intelligible, though distinct from the Mandinka of western Senegal, which is a national language there.
- also known as Xasonga, Xaasonga, Khasonke, Khassonka, Xaasongaxango, Kasso, Kasonke, Kasson, Xasonke, Kassonke, Khassonké, Kassonke language
- Kao is a small lunar crater that is located near the eastern limb of the Moon. It lies near the southern edge of the Mare Smythii, a lunar mare that continues onto the far side of the surface. This crater lies to the east-southeast of the crater Widmannstätten. Less than a crater diameter to the north-northeast is the small crater Tucker.
- also known as کائو, 高平子環形山
- Kao is a TV program, begun on (12 years ago).
- Kao a.k.a. amiloride binding protein 1 (amine oxidase (copper-containing)) is a gene.
- also known as histaminase, amiloride-sensitive amine oxidase [copper-containing], amiloride-binding protein-1, amiloride binding protein 1, kidney amine oxidase, amiloride-binding protein, diamine oxidase
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Kao
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Resilient Cities 2 (2012)
Cities and Adaptation to Climate Change – Proceedings of the Global Forum 2011 by Konrad Otto-Zimmermann
Kao is a distinguished professor with the Institute of Environmental Engineering at National Sun Yat-Sen University, Kaohsiung, ...
2015 Update by Jean Magistrale
KAO is a partner in the San Diego and Rancho Santa Fe offices of McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP, and specializes in estate planning, probate and trust administration, charitable giving, and nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations.
The 30th International Conference on Very Large Databases (VLDB) by VLDB
The approximate output Kao is a superset of the exact output Kco. 2. The current ASW answer for each substream in the approximate output satisfies a relaxed version of the range condition R. Specifically, if R is of the form (v, oo), for every key ...
Case Research from Mainland China, Taiwan and Hong Kong by Bennis Wai Yip So, Yuang-kuang Kao
Yuang-kuang Kao is a Professor in the Graduate Institute of Social Science and Humanities, National Chengchi University, ...
How to Get a Great Job (2011)
A Library How-to Handbook by American Library Association
teLLa StorY Kao is a proponent of job hunters being proactive while interviewing. This entails planning and practicing specific “stories” to tell while you're being interviewed. Formulate these stories based on the research you've done on the ...
by George French Angas
Kao is a conical island nearly ...
Encyclopedia of Algorithms (2008)
by Ming-Yang Kao
Japan Encyclopedia (2002)
by Louis Fr?d?ric, Louis-Frédéric, Käthe Roth
Kao. Era of Emperor Takakura: Apr. 1169-Apr. 1171.SeeNENGO. • Buddhist monk (fourteenth century) and painter of the Muromachi suiboku school. • Monograms derived from signatures and used by many important people to sign private or ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Kao
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Kao
Click on an item to view that photo:
Videos about Kao
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Kao!
Quotes about Kao
Scrabble value of K5A1O1
The value of this 3-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of KAO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Kao!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Kao to see it in context!