On this page:
- Definition of the noun KATA
- Phrases with Kata
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Kata
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Kata
- Photos about Kata
- Video language resources about Kata
- Scrabble value of K5A1T1A1
- Anagrams of KATA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun KATA
What does KATA mean as a name of something?
Kata is a genus of Otoplanidae, described by Marcus in 1949.
- synonym: genus Kata
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Platyhelminthes
- class: Rhabditophora
- order: Seriata
- family: Otoplanidae
Alternative definition of the noun KATA
- [martial arts] A sequence of positions and movements used in the practice of many martial arts.
Specialised definition of the noun KATA
Glossary of sports
a sequence of movements in some martial arts such as karate, used either for training or to demonstrate technique (2006. Dictionary of Sport and Exercise Science. A&C Black Publishers Ltd)
Glossary of sports / martial arts
formal exercises comprising a series of grappling or striking movements that imitate fighting situations
Glossary of sports / martial arts / karate
a formal sequence of practice exercises and movements; kata competitors are marked for their routines rather than for fighting (2005. Chambers Sports Factfinder. Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd)
Who is Kata?
Kata a.k.a. Ekaterina Avramova is a Bulgarian swimmer. She competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics in the Women's 100 metre backstroke, finishing in 31st place in the heats, failing to qualify for the semifinals.
- read more about Ekaterina Avramova
- Kata is a fictional character from the film Ilsa: She-Wolf of the SS.
- Kata is a fictional character from the 1970 drama film, Lovefilm.
- Kata is a fictional character from the 2010 film Truly Father.
- Kata is a fictional character from the 1982 film The Outsider.
- Kata is a fictional character from the 1972 film Voyage with Jacob.
- Kata is a fictional character from One-Way Ticket to Mombasa.
- Kata is a fictional character from the 2011 film Confidence.
- Kata is a fictional character from the 2006 film Brother Bear 2.
- Kata is a fictional character from the 2002 film The Sea.
- Kata is a fictional film character.
- "Kata" a.k.a. "Katà" is a musical album of Miquel Gil.
- released in (11 years ago)
- "Kata" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- music by Abdullah Ibrahim
- Kata, a Japanese word, are the detailed choreographed patterns of movements practised either solo or in pairs. The term form is used for the corresponding concept in non-Japanese martial arts in general.
- Kata: A code kata is an exercise in programming which helps a programmer hone their skills through practice and repetition. The term was probably first coined by Dave Thomas, co-author of the book The Pragmatic Programmer, in a bow to the Japanese concept of kata in the martial arts. As of October 2011, Dave Thomas has published 21 different katas.
- also known as Code Kata
- KATA is a radio station broadcasting a Sports radio format. Licensed to Arcata, California, USA.
- Kata a.k.a. Khatha or "Gatha", as originally called in Pali Language, is the Thai name used for Sacred Pali prayers, mantras and other magical incantations. Khatha are used in general by Thai people for a great many purposes; be it for protection, charm or business ventures, there is a Khatha which can be summoned. The word Khatha, or "Gatha" in Pali, means "Speech", and thus the original meaning of the word implies that Khatha were used only as spoken language, and not written form. In spite of this fact, the word Khatha is used to refer to both that which is spoken, and also written.
- read more about Khatha
- katA is a gene.
- Kata a.k.a. SCO0379 is a gene.
Phrases with Kata
Phrases starting with the word Kata:
Phrases ending with the word Kata:
Other phrases containing the word Kata:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Kata
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Aikido Weapons Techniques (2012)
The Wooden Sword, Stick, and Knife of Aikido by Phong Thong Dang, Lynn Seiser
A kata is a prearranged or choreographed series or sequence of techniques. The kata is used to ensure some authenticity in the transmission of the art of aikido. The thirty-onecount jo kata is an excellent means of solo practice and training as ...
The 7 Kata (2012)
Toyota Kata, TWI, and Lean Training by Conrad Soltero, Patrice Boutier
As shown, the PS Kata is a predefined form or pattern for problem solving. It also can be learned and passed on to others.
Mind Body Spirit (2007)
The Triangle of Life by Patrick McDermott, Ferol N. Arce
Potsai Dai kata means To Breach a Fortress “so called because it presupposes the spirit and strength necessary to break...
English Khasi Dictionary (1988)
Ha kata ka por ; te ; naba kumta. Th,ence (thens) ad. Nangta na ka jaki ne ka por ; na kata ka daw. Thenceforth (thens'forth) ad. Naduh kata ka por. Thenceforward ( thens'forwerd) ad. Naduh nangtater ter. Theocracy (the-ok'ra-si) n. Theokrasi ...
Used in the Arts and Sciences, and of Many Words in Common Use, with Popular Quotations from Foreign Languages, and Their Translations. From the Best Authorities
katachresis; kata, against, and chresis, use.] Abuse of words. Catacombs, s. [Gr. kata, against, and kumbos, a hollow place — alluding to the body being placed perpendicularly in a niche.] Places for the dead. Catalogue, s.
by Daniel Kogan, Sun-jin Kim, Nikolaos Kontogiannis, Hali Wong
a kata practiced in Motoburyu karate (J) [Style] (lit. Empty Hand) The Okinawan form of unarmed selfdefense that was introduced to Japan in the early twentieth century. Today there are countless styles, most of which trace ...
By the Rev. W. Reeve. Revised, Corrected and Enlarged by Daniel Sanderson by W. Reeve
kata, s. The hip. 2. the hollow above the hip, ...
Abridged in One Volume by Gerhard Kittel, Gerhard Friedrich, Geoffrey W. Bromiley
kata and para physin. For the Stoics kata physin summarizes the telos formula. Action kata physin aims at the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Kata
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Kata
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Kata Tjuta.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Kata
Click on an item to play that video:
- Kata Nipaipo Explanation Shitoryu Karate Do
Explanation of Kata :Nipaipo. Performed by Sensei Iwata...
- Seminar INOUE YOSHIMI - Street Fight, Bunkai & The Real Meaning of Kata
A short clip from an international seminar with Inoue Yoshimi sensei (b. 1946), Japanese national team kata coach and legendary head teacher of several ...
- Cara Cepat Menghafal Kosa Kata/ Vocabulary
Cara Cepat Menghafal Kosa Kata Dengan Teknik Asosiasi ( Mengaitkan Benda Satu Dengan Yang Lainya Contohnya Buon Giorno Menjadi Bang Jono)
- Karate - Kata meanings & step by step explanation
One of Endzone's premier Karate instructor, Sensei Rahul explaining the meaning of Kata and how they're supposed to be performed. He goes on to explain the ...
- Quick Explanation of the Improvement Kata
The Improvement Kata is a series of practice routines for learning scientific thinking. This brief overview features Brian the Brain!
- Ryan Hayashi - Karate Lesson - Kanku Dai and Seipai - Kata and Meaning
Ryan Hayashi explains the meaning and history of the Kata "Kanku Dai" and "Seipai" at the OMNIS Kampfsport Akademie (Omnis Martial Arts Academy) Dojo in ...
- Ryan Hayashi - Karate Lesson - Bassai Dai and Shisochin - Kata and Meaning
Ryan Hayashi explains the meaning of the Kata "Bassai Dai" and "Shisochin" at the OMNIS Kampfsport Akademie (Omnis Martial Arts Academy) Dojo in ...
- Kata Meaning
Video shows what kata means. A sequence of positions and movements used in the practice of many martial arts.. kata pronunciation. How to pronounce ...
- Kata thermometer Meaning
Video shows what kata thermometer means. A device consisting principally of an alcohol thermometer, used to measure air cooling power and, indirectly, small ...
- Explanation of basic Kata Seikoshta / Saykoshta
- Salinan Vocabulary For Children (kosa kata untuk anak)
- Kata factor Meaning
Video shows what kata factor means. A conversion factor, constant for a given kata thermometer, used to convert the measured time for a standardised drop in ...
- Karate Male Team Kata Final - Japan vs. Italy - WKF World Championships Belgrade 2010 (1/2)
- Damian Hugo Quintero wins gold in the men's kata | Karate | Baku 2015
Damian Hugo Quintero holds off Mattia Busato to win the gold in the men's kata For more Karate videos click ...
- Kata M2 First Impressions
- Apa Kata Malaysia bersama Sufi Juara AF2015
Apa Kata Malaysia bersama Sufi Juara AF2015.Sila klik video untuk berita selanjutnya.
See also the pronunciation examples of Kata!
Scrabble value of K5A1T1A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of KATA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Kata!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Kata to see it in context!