On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun kenneth kaunda
What does kenneth kaunda mean as a name of something?
- statesman who led Northern Rhodesia to full independence as Zambia in 1964 and served as Zambia's first president (1924-1999)
Who is Kenneth Kaunda?
Kenneth Kaunda: Kenneth David Kaunda, also known as KK, served as the first President of Zambia, from 1964 to 1991.
- also known as KK, Kenneth David Kaunda
- born on (91 years ago) in Chinsali, child of Reverend David Kaunda
- nationality: Zambia
- religion: Presbyterianism
- education: Munali Secondary School
- profession: Politician, teacher
- Marriage with Betty Kaunda
- parent of
- written works: "Address", "Address by His Excellency, the President, to the National Council of the United National Independence Party, 4th/5th February"
- Kenneth Kaunda is a fictional character from the play Handbagged.
- Kenneth Kaunda is a fictional character in the 2011 film The Iron Lady.
"Kenneth Kaunda" is a book by Philip Brownrigg.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Kenneth Kaunda
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Gwyneth Williams, Brian Hackland
Kenneth Kaunda formed the Zambia African National Congress (ZANC) in 1958 after walking out of a meeting of the Northern Rhodesian African Congress (later the ANC) together with some ...
An Encyclopedia by John A. Shoup III
Northern Rhodesia became the new state of Zambia in 1964 under its first president, Kenneth Kaunda. Kaunda's father was himself a Christian missionary and Kenneth was the product of a mission school. The Bemba, being generally well ...
by The Diagram Group,
Kenneth Kaunda Kayibanda, Grégoire (born 1924) Grégoire Kayibanda, a Hutu, ...
by Kevin Shillington
Biography Kenneth Kaunda was born in 1924.
by E. J. Verwey
President Kenneth Kaunda of Zambia described this as the voice of reason for which Africa and the world had been waiting. Vorster undertook two dramatic secret peace missions — to President Felix Houphouet-Boigny of the Ivory Coast in ...
A - G.. 1
democracies is clearly demonstrated by events in Zambia, a country that in 1991 made a successful transition from a single-party system headed by President Kenneth Kaunda to a multiparty political system under the leadership of President ...
by James Ciment, Immanuel Ness
Ruled by the conservative president Kenneth Kaunda until the early 1990s, the country of 290,583 square miles— roughly the size of Texas—has avoided the political and ethnic strife that has plagued most of its neighbors in recent decades .
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Kenneth Kaunda
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Kenneth Kaunda
If you need images about Kenneth Kaunda for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price: