On this page:
Definition of the noun la.
What does la. mean as a name of something?
- a state in southern United States on the Gulf of Mexico; one of the Confederate states during the American Civil War
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- scientific name: LA
- synonyms of La.: Louisiana / Pelican State
- instance of: American state = one of the 50 states of the United States
- part of: America / the States / U.S. / U.S.A. / United States / United States of America / US / USA = North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; Gulf States = a region of the United States comprising states bordering the Gulf of Mexico; South = the region of the United States lying to the south of the Mason-Dixon line; Deep South = the southeastern region of the United States: South Carolina and Georgia and Alabama and Mississippi and Louisiana
- Alexandria = a town in Louisiana on the Red River
- capital of Louisiana / Baton Rouge = capital of Louisiana
- Lafayette = a town in south central Louisiana
- Monroe = a town in north central Louisiana
- Morgan City = a town in southeast Louisiana to the south of Baton Rouge
- New Orleans = a port and largest city in Louisiana; located in southeastern Louisiana near the mouth of the Mississippi river; a major center for offshore drilling for oil in the Gulf of Mexico; jazz originated here among black musicians in the late 19th century
- Shreveport = a city in northwest Louisiana on the Red River near the Texas border
- Ouachita River / Ouachita = a river that rises in western Arkansas and flows southeast into eastern Louisiana to become a tributary of the Red River
- Red River / Red = a tributary of the Mississippi River that flows eastward from Texas along the southern boundary of Oklahoma and through Louisiana
- member of: Confederacy / Confederate States / Confederate States of America / Dixie / Dixieland / South = the southern states that seceded from the United States in 1861
- La. a.k.a. Louisiana is a state located in the southern region of the United States. Louisiana is the 31st most extensive and the 25th most populous of the 50 United States. Its capital is Baton Rouge and largest city is New Orleans. Louisiana is the only state in the U.S. with political subdivisions termed parishes, which are local governments equivalent to counties. The largest parish by population is East Baton Rouge Parish, and the largest by land area is Plaquemines.
- La. a.k.a. Laos, officially the Lao People's Democratic Republic, is a landlocked country in Southeast Asia, bordered by Burma and the People's Republic of China to the northwest, Vietnam to the east, Cambodia to the south, and Thailand to the west. Its population was estimated to be around 6.5 million in 2012.
- also known as Lao People's Democratic Republic, 라오스
- founded on (65 years ago)
- part of Southeast Asia, Asia, Eurasia, Indochina, Indochinese peninsula
- instance of: Asian country / Asian nation = any one of the nations occupying the Asian continent
- member of: ASEAN / Association of Southeast Asian Nations = an association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia and who joined with the United States to fight against global terrorism
- member: Laotian / Lao = a member of a Buddhist people inhabiting the area of the Mekong River in Laos and Thailand and speaking the Lao language
- read more about Laos (country)
- La. a.k.a. Los Angeles, officially the City of Los Angeles, often known by its initials L.A., is the most populous city in the U.S. state of California and the second-most populous in the United States, after New York City, with a population at the 2010 United States Census of 3,792,621. It has a land area of 469 square miles, and is located in Southern California.
- also known as City of Angels; L.A.; Los Angeles, California; Los Angeles, USA; Los Angeles, California, USA; Los Angeles County / Los Angeles city; Los Angeles, CA; LA
- founded on (234 years ago)
- part of Southern California, Los Angeles County, United States of America, California
- read more about Los Angeles (city)
- La. a.k.a. Lâ is a town in the Sourgou Department of Boulkiemdé Province in central western Burkina Faso. It has a population of 2,180.
- La. a.k.a. L.A. Reid: Antonio M. "L.A.
- also known as L. A. Reid; Reid, L.A.; Antonio Reid; Antonio 'LA' Reid; Antonio "LA" Reid; Antonio "L.A." Reid; Antonio 'LA' Reed; Antonio L.A. Reid; LA Reid; LA; L.A.; Antonio M. "L.A." Reid; Antonio M. Reid
- born on (59 years ago) in Cincinnati, child of Emma Reid
- nationality: United States of America
- education: Harvard Business School
- profession: Record producer, songwriter, music executive, film producer, composer, businessperson, drummer
- member of musical groups:
- parent of Aaron Reid
- genres: Pop music, New jack swing, Contemporary R&B, Hip hop music
- films produced:
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Grammy Award for Producer of the Year, Non-Classical, with Babyface
- nominated to Grammy Award for Best R&B Song - "End of the Road", with Daryl Simmons & Babyface
- nominated to Razzie Award for Worst Original Song - "The Bodyguard" (For the song "Queen of The Night".), with Whitney Houston, Babyface, Daryl Simmons
- Grammy Award for Best R&B Song - "End of the Road", with Babyface & Daryl Simmons
- Grammy Award for Producer of the Year, Non-Classical, with Babyface
- Grammy Award for Album of the Year - "The Bodyguard: Original Soundtrack Album" (Artist, Producers), with Whitney Houston, Babyface, BeBe Winans, David Cole, David Foster, Narada Michael Walden, Robert Clivillés
- BMI Film & TV Award for Most Performed Song from a Film - "Boomerang" (For the song "End of the Road"), with Babyface & Daryl Simmons
- World Music Legend Award for Outstanding Contribution To The Music Industry
- La. a.k.a. Luke Benward: Luke Aaron Benward is an American teen actor and singer, best known for his starring role as Billy Forrester in How to Eat Fried Worms and as Charlie Tuttle in Minutemen. He played the role of Dillon in Ravenswood and also played the role of Will Cloud in the 2014 film, Cloud 9. He guest starred as Teddy's boyfriend, Beau, on the Disney Channel show Good Luck Charlie.
- La. a.k.a. Ladina Jenny is an athlete.
La. a.k.a. LAN Airlines S.A. is a group of South American Airlines based in Santiago, Chile, and part of LATAM Airlines Group, Latin America's largest Airline holding company. LATAM was formed by the takeover by LAN of Brazilian TAM Airlines which was completed on June 22, 2012, although both companies operate with different certificates and liveries. Its headquarters is located in Las Condes, Santiago Province.
- also known as Lan Airlines SA, LAN CHILE SA
- official website: www.lan.com
La. a.k.a. La is a character in Edgar Rice Burroughs's series of Tarzan novels. She first appeared in the second Tarzan novel, The Return of Tarzan, and reappeared in the fifth, Tarzan and the Jewels of Opar, the ninth, Tarzan and the Golden Lion, and the fourteenth, Tarzan the Invincible. She is also mentioned in the juvenile Tarzan story Tarzan and the Tarzan Twins, with Jad-Bal-Ja, the Golden Lion, the events of which occur between Tarzan and the Golden Lion and Tarzan the Invincible.
- created by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- "La." a.k.a. "LA" is a musical single of Marc et Claude.
- released on (17 years ago)
- "La." a.k.a. "la" is a musical album of UA.
- released on (10 years ago)
- "La." a.k.a. "Là" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- music and lyrics by Gildas Arzel
- "La." a.k.a. "Là" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- "La." a.k.a. "LA" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music by Elliott Smith
- "La." a.k.a. "Là" is a musical album of Nadj.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "La." a.k.a. "La" is a musical album of Lilu.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "La." a.k.a. "La" is a musical album of Abdul Karim Abdul Kader.
- "La." a.k.a. "Là" is a musical album of Antoine Bellanger.
- released on
- "La." a.k.a. "La" is a composition.
- "La." a.k.a. "Lá" is a musical album of São Paris.
- released in (9 years ago)
- "La." a.k.a. "LA" is a composition.
- music by Dan Pothast
"La." a.k.a. "Là" is a book by Pierre-André Benoît, published in (55 years ago).
- language: French
La. a.k.a. Linoleic acid is a polyunsaturated omega-6 fatty acid. It is a colorless liquid at room temperature. In physiological literature, it has a lipid number of 18:2 cis,cis-9,12. Chemically, linoleic acid is a carboxylic acid with an 18-carbon chain and two cis double bonds; with the first double bond located at the sixth carbon from the methyl end.
- also known as Linoleate, Linolate, Linolic acid, LA, Octadecadienoic acid, F18D2
- La. a.k.a. Latin Language: Latin is an ancient Italic language originally spoken by the Italic Latins in Latium and Ancient Rome. Along with most European languages, it is a descendant of the ancient Proto-Indo-European language. Influenced by the Etruscan language and using the Greek alphabet as a basis, it took form as what is recognizable as Latin in the Italian Peninsula. Modern Romance languages are continuations of dialectal forms of the language. Additionally many students, scholars, and some members of the Christian clergy speak it fluently, and it is still taught in some primary, secondary and post-secondary educational institutions around the world.
- also known as Latina, Latin
- La. a.k.a. Lá was an Irish-language daily newspaper based in Belfast. It was the first daily newspaper in Ireland to be published in Irish. Lá Nua belonged to the Belfast Media Group, and was a sister paper of The Andersonstown News.
- also known as La
- official website: www.nuacht.com
- La. a.k.a. La: ꦭ is one of syllable in Javanese script that represent the sound /lɔ/, /la/. It is transliterated to Latin as "la", and sometimes in Indonesian orthography as "lo". It has two other forms, which are ◌꧀ꦭ and ◌꧀ꦭꦸ, but represented by a single Unicode code point, U+A9AD.
- La. a.k.a. la: .la is the Internet country code top-level domain for Laos.
- also known as .la
- official website: www.la
- La. a.k.a. Hlai Language is an human language.
- also known as Le, La, Dli, Lai, Slai, Li, Dai, Klai, Loi, Day, Bli