LEd appears in the following tongue twister:
- Lenny Lou leopard led leprechauns leaping like lemmings.
(by Brian & Grace McKeon)
LEd appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- I led deli.
- La Renegade led a general.
- No, Hal, I led Delilah on.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun led
- Definition of the verb led
- Phrases with LEd
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for LEd
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for LEd
- Photos about LEd
- Videos about LEd
- Sign language
- Quotes about LEd
- Scrabble value of L1E1D2
- Anagrams of LED
- Share this page
The word led is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun led
What does led mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- diode such that light emitted at a p-n junction is proportional to the bias current; color depends on the material used
- examples: Freud's insights into human behavior led to him being honored as a profound thinker. | The wealthy, self-indulgent young man felt oddly drawn to the strict, ascetic life led by members of some monastic orders. | You've been properly led up the garden path. | Your advice led me to success. | Diligence led him to success. | A band led the parade through the city. | A chain of events led to the outbreak of the war. | A week's reflection led to a new plan. | The working group on data transfer, led by Ben Manny, will hold a meeting on Jan 14, 1999. | Chance led to the discovery of the new island.
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonym of LED: light-emitting diode
- more generic terms: crystal rectifier / diode / junction rectifier / semiconductor diode = a semiconductor that consists of a p-n junction
- more specific terms: organic light-emitting diode / OLED = a self-luminous diode (it glows when an electrical field is applied to the electrodes) that does not require backlighting or diffusers
- part of: alphanumeric display / digital display = a display that gives the information in the form of characters
Definition of the verb led
What does led mean as a doing word?
- past of lead
Led a.k.a. Pulkovo International Airport: Pulkovo Airport is an international airport serving Saint Petersburg, Russia. It consists of one terminal, Terminal 1 which is located 23 km south of the city centre. The airport serves as a hub for Rossiya Airlines, and as focus city for Nordavia. Pulkovo International Airport is responsible for serving the citizens of Saint Petersburg, as well as the Leningrad Oblast: a total of 6,120,000 people.
Who is LEd?
LED a.k.a. Larry DeMar: Lawrence E. DeMar is a video game and pinball designer and software programmer. He is known as one of the co-designers of the classic arcade game Defender.
- read more about Larry DeMar
"LED" is a musical album of Thousand Leaves.
- released on (5 years ago)
- read more about Ice
- LEd is a TeX/LaTeX editing software working under Microsoft Windows. It is a freeware product.
- also known as LaTeX-Editor
- genre: Word processor
- license: Proprietary software, Donationware, Freeware
- official website: www.latexeditor.org
- LED was a programmer's editor by Norsk Data running on the ND-500 series of computers running Sintran III. It featured automatic indenting, pretty-printing of source code, and integration with the compiler environment. It was sold as an advanced alternative to PED. There are several remaining copies, and it is installed on the NODAF public access ND-5700.
- Led a.k.a. Lendu Language is an human language.
- also known as Kihema-nord, Balendru, Batha, Bbadha, Hema-nord, Bbaledha, Bale, Baletha, Kilendu, Lendu
Phrases with LEd
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for LEd
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Physical Computing with Circuits, Sensors, Outputs, and Projects by Stewart Watkiss
An LED is a specific type of diode that gives out a light when an electric current passes through it. An important thing about an LED is that like any other diode it needs to be inserted the correct way in the circuit. The diode has an anode, which ...
f led is the p*ed icate, because affirmed of the subject, action being predicated. With the young, child is an adverbial element of the second class, and modifies ...
by Hazel Professor of Public Policy at George Mason University Jack A Goldstone, Jack A. Goldstone
Second, inflation and economic contraction, prompted by global recession in the 1970s, led to falling real wages, pushed small farmers into wage labor and a growing informal economy, and made it impossible to counteract chronic ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for LEd
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about LEd
Click on an item to view that photo:
Got a cheap LED, and hastenly attached it to a heatsink. Arctic silver 5 thermal compound was used.
Photo credit: Razor512
scrolling LED sign
Photo credit: Meme!
Photo credit: Cebolledo
Photo credit: Osamu Iwasaki
Photo credit: kanonn
Photo credit: andyarthur
Photo credit: Osamu Iwasaki
Photo credit: yuri_koval
Save electricity...Even in a food stall.
Photo credit: Christy C
Led do leitor de carteirinha da unidade de Santos
Photo credit: Internet Livre
Photo credit: dam
Photo credit: nao904
Photo credit: jpcolasso
Photo credit: Ozzy Delaney
Photo credit: nao904
- LED Lighting
Photo credit: Adam Greig
- LED Lights
A drinking glass with LED lights in the bottom. View from above looking down into the glass.
Photo credit: dmjarvey
- LED Cube
The new LED cube!
Photo credit: natetherobot
- LED Lighting
Photo credit: Adam Greig
- LED throwies
Photo credit: c3o
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about LEd
Click on an item to play that video:
- LED Meaning
Video shows what LED means. light-emitting diode. LED pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. LED meaning. Powered by ...
- Ohm's Law Explanation - How to Light an LED with a 9V Battery
- President Obama: Beau Biden Led Life of Meaning
In a eulogy on Saturday, President Barack Obama said former Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden made a decision as a young boy to live a life of meaning ...
- ICE Digital LED Glass Panels Demo and Explanation
- Led's in parallel - Explanation - Resistor Values
This video explains how to find the resistor value to limit the current in a set of leds in parallel.
- Walk Test LED Explanation Protech outdoor motion sensor, SCEC Approved
Outdoor motion sensors which really work. Please see more information on outdoor security intrusion detectors at...
- MultiLog LX Data Logger - LED Explanation
This is a demonstration of the LED indications on a Multilog LX Data Logger during the daily engineering power window. . a. Initially the LED will be flashing ...
- Auto Repair Tips : The Meaning of LED Lights on a Gas Gauge
The LED lights on a gas gauge can mean a few different things. Learn the meaning of LED lights on a gas gauge with help from an expert in the automotive ...
- Lighted LED slat wall floating shelf explanation
Light up slat wall shelves with LED Lights that change colors. For purchase information...
- New Cadillac XTS LED Lighting Sequence Explanation
New Cadillac XTS LED Lighting Sequence Explanation.
- Blinking LED using 8051 AT89S52 video tutorial with full explanation
- Resistor - LED/Low powered bulb - Easy Steps( Explanation)
Here is an easy way to install an LED resistor.
- Effect Multicolor LED slang (RGB LED ROPELGHT)
Dit is het kleur effect van de Multicolor LED lichtslang. te bestellen op...
- Construction of a 6*6*6 LED Cube using Arduino with Explanation of Circuit
how to construct a 3*3*3 LED cube using arduino, arduino uno circuit for making a 6*6*6 led cube, led cube tutorial, how to make led cube at home, easy led ...
- Colored LED Light Explanation by Dirt Designs
Offroad racing requires the use of different LED lights for safety. Steve of Dirt Designs explains while showing the different LED's on the Carlos Calderon Dodge ...
- LED Terminology Colour Temperature
- Lesson 5: Experiment 2: Blinking LED's (explanation)
this is an explanation of the previously uploaded video.
- LED Terminology Luminosity
- Nusbio - Bi-Color LED Panel Soldering Explanation
- SUPER DEFINITION GLASS LED SCREEN FOR AUDI 4S.
Glass LED screen has over 70% transparency. Very easy to install. High quality LED screen displaying from the windows of shop. Glass LED screen display, ...
- Student Led Language Classes
- 3dr Iris+ Led description modification DIY parts info 12v DC Balance lead
3dr Iris+ led lights modification DIY.
- How to setup 3D, WiFi, Language Setting on Luxcine Smart LED Projector Z2000SD
Must Watch Luxcine Z2000SD video review...
- LED bulbs save money for a language course
Did you know that Philips LED lighting can help you transform your home lighting? But better than that, Philips LED bulbs will save you time and money - giving ...
- David's Lab: 7 Segment Multiplexing LED Display PIC Assembly Language Tutorial
David adds multi-plexing to the 7 segment display he created and programmed in part 1 of this 2 part series.
- David's Lab: 7 Segment LED Display PIC Assembly Language Tutorial
In this episode David covers setting up a 7 segment display on a breadboard, and then programs a PIC16F54 using assembly language to display a counting ...
- Chandu Led ESL 1193
- TruIDL Logger - LED Description & Add Configutration File
How to upload a configuration file to the TruIDL Voltage Logger and what the Red, Green, and Blue LEDs mean.
- LED description
See also the pronunciation examples of LEd!
Sign Language "Tangerine" Led Zeppelin
College ASL final project!
Quotes about LEd
Usually a family is led through the mom or the dad and their career and for the family to be led by my career, even though God has led it, could be a lot of pressure. (Stacie Orrico)
more quotes about led...
Scrabble value of L1E1D2
The value of this 3-letter word is 4 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of LED
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of LEd!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of LEd to see it in context!