Latanya Richardson (actress)
On this page:
Who is Latanya Richardson?
LaTanya Richardson, often listed as LaTanya Richardson Jackson, is an American actress and producer. She was born in Atlanta, Georgia. While a student at Atlanta's Spelman College in 1974, she met actor Samuel L. Jackson, then at all-male Morehouse College, who would later become her husband. She and Jackson married in 1980. They have one child, freelance film and TV producer Zoe, born 1982. After her daughter's birth, Richardson stopped working regularly, because, she said: “We’d vowed to be an intact revolutionary black family. But it was very, very hard.
- also known as La Tanya Richardson, LaTanya Estelle Richardson, LaTanya Jackson, LaTanya Richardson Jackson
- born on (65 years ago) in Atlanta
- ethnicity: African American
- nationality: United States of America
- education: Spelman College
- profession: Actor, television producer, television director
- Marriage with Samuel L. Jackson since
- parent of Zoe Jackson
- played Paulina Pritchett in "The Fighting Temptations"
- played Deputy Marshal Savannah Cooper in "U.S. Marshals"
- played Mrs. Thompson in "Blackout"
- played Nurse Ruth in "Lorenzo's Oil"
- "Introducing Dorothy Dandridge"
- "Going Underground"
- played Marie in "Freedomland"
- "All About Us"
- "Losing Isaiah"
- "Within These Walls"
- "Unchained Memories: Readings from the Slave Narratives"
- played Lorraine in "Malcolm X"
- played Janeen in "Fried Green Tomatoes"
- played Harriet in "Sleepless in Seattle"
- played Grandma Sands in "The Watsons Go To Birmingham"
- TV series:
- nomination: - nominated to Tony Award for Best Actress in a Play - "A Raisin In The Sun"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Latanya Richardson (actress)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Latanya Richardson to see it in context!