On this page:
Who is Lamar Alexander?
Lamar Alexander: Andrew Lamar Alexander, Jr. is an American politician and the current senior United States senator from Tennessee having served since 2003. A member of the Republican Party, Alexander previously served as the conference chair of the Republican Party in the US Senate from 2007 to 2012.
- also known as Andrew Lamar Alexander; Andrew Lamar Alexander, Jr.
- born on (75 years ago) in Maryville, child of Andrew Lamar Alexander and Genevra Floreine Rankin Alexander
- nationality: United States of America
- religion: Presbyterianism
- profession: Politician, lawyer
- Marriage with Honey Alexander since
- parent of
- written works: "Friends, Japanese and Tennesseans", "We know what to do", "Six Months Off", "Selections from Lamar Alexander's little plaid book", "Lamar Alexander's little plaid book", "A GI Bill for Children"
- official website: www.lamaralexander.com
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Lamar Alexander
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Donald P Haider Markel, Michael A. Card
Lamar Alexander (1978–1987)—who went on to become secretary of education in President Reagan's administration and, later, a U.S. senator—possessed the distinct but equally important skill of knowing how to communicate ideas to the ...
by Jan Onofrio
The group, convened by Governor Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, concluded that Republicans could not win state elections by running on the "Washington agenda" of foreign policy and social issues. Although Republicans had won national ...
Volume 17: Education by Clarence L. Mohr
Former Tennessee governor Lamar Alexander succeeded Boling, serving three years before becoming the nation's Secretary of Education. Joseph E. Johnson, who served as an assistant to President Holt, was named UT president in 1991.
by Paul A. Djupe, Laura R. Olson
senators Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Lamar Alexander
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Lamar Alexander
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Lamar Alexander - Caricature
Andrew Lamar Alexander, aka Lamar Alexander, is a United States Senator from Tennessee and Conference Chair of the Republican Party.
The source image for this caricature is a photo in the public domain available from Wikipedia.
Photo credit: DonkeyHotey
- Lamar Alexander with Betty Kimbrough
Photo credit: Republican Party of Shelby County
Quotes about Lamar Alexander
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Lamar Alexander to see it in context!