On this page:
- Lawrence Foster is an American conductor of Romanian ancestry.
- also known as Foster, Lawrence; Lawrence Forster
- born on (74 years ago) in Los Angeles
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Conductor, music director
- albums: "À la carte", "Wieniawski: Violin Concertos Nos. 1 & 2 / Sarasate: Zigeunerweisen", "Paganini: Violin Concerto no. 1 / Sarasate: Carmen Fantasy", "Recital", "Das Festkonzert zur Weihnachtszeit: Ein großer Abend aus Notre-Dame", "The Perlman Edition", "Rhapsody In Blue / An American in Paris / Concerto in F", "The Romantic Piano Concerto, Volume 11: Scharwenka: Piano Concerto no. 4 in F minor / Sauer: Piano Concerto no. 1 in E minor", "The Romantic Piano Concerto, Volume 17: Piano Concerto no. 1 in G minor / Piano Concerto no. 2 in D minor / Capriccio Brilliant, op. 22 / Rondo Brilliant, op. 29 / Serenade and Allegro giocoso, op. 43", "Concertos From My Childhood", "Famous Romances and Adagios"
- nomination: - nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Classical Music-Dance Program - "Paul McCartney: Standing Stone", with Paul McCartney, Frances Peters, Kris Slava & Christopher Swann
- Lawrence Foster is an author.
- born in (68 years ago)
- written works: "Defending Diversity", "Teaching Preschool Language Arts", "Fielding's Italy", "Women, Family, and Utopia", "Fielding's Mexico 1989", "Fielding's Mexico 1990", "Best Places to Stay in Mexico, Fifth Edition"
- Lawrence Foster is a nominee in the 25th Gemini Award for Best Photography in an Information Program or Series.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Lawrence Foster
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Frank Hoffmann
In addition to the Swiss artists Jörg Ewald Dähler and Peter-Lukas Graf, the list of soloists recorded includes Teresa Berganza, Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau, Ernst Haefliger, Tibor Varga, Lawrence Foster and Marcello Viotti, as well as young and upcoming artists such as Maurice Steger, Stephan Genz, Ursula Dütschler, Gabriella Dall'Olio, and Emanuele Segre. The current catalog contains some 350 CDs and more than 400 performing artists, chamber ensembles and orchestras.
Baseball, Basketball, Football, Hockey, Soccer by David Blevins
Curry, Denise Dalipagic, Drazen Daly, Chuck Dantley, Adrian Davidson, William Davies, Robert Dean, Everett DeBernardi, Forrest DeBusschere, Dave Dehnert, Henry Diaz-Miguel, Antonio Diddle, Edgar Donovan, Anne Douglas, Robert Drake, Bruce Drexler, Clyde Duer, Alva Dumars, Joe Embry, Wayne Endacott, Paul English, Alex Enright, James Erving, Julius Ewing, Patrick Fagan, Clifford Ferrandiz, Pedro First Team, The Fisher, Harry Fleisher, Lawrence Foster, Harold Frazier, ...
American Countercultures: An Encyclopedia of Nonconformists, Alternative Lifestyles, and Radical Ideas in U.S. History (2015)
An Encyclopedia of Nonconformists, Alternative Lifestyles, and Radical Ideas in U.S. History by Gina Misiroglu
Noyes, George, and Lawrence Foster. Free Love in Utopia: John Humphrey Noyes and the Origin of the Oneida Community. Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 2001. Strong, Douglas M. Perfectionist Politics: Abolitionism and the Religious Tensions of American Democracy. Syracuse, NY: Syracuse University Press, 1999.
A Historical Encyclopedia by W. Paul Reeve, Ardis E. Parshall
As the historian Lawrence Foster sees it, "Mormonism is not simply concerned with the family; it is about the family. The church is conceived as the family writ large, with both the strengths and weaknesses that such an emphasis entails" ( Foster, "Between Heaven and Earth" 2). The dramatic transformation over time of what constituted the ideal Mormon family, from monogamy to polygamy and back to monogamy, is a central aspect of the historical Mormon story. Because of the ...
Women's Studies Encyclopedia (1999)
by Helen Tierney
Lawrence Foster, ...
by Rosemary Skinner Keller, Rosemary Radford Ruether, Marie Cantlon
The notion that NRMs serve a special function in society as laboratories of social and sexual experimentation has been explored by historians of American communes, Lawrence Foster, Jon Wagner, J. Gordon Melton, and others. Warren Lewis, the historian, writes in "Coming Again: How Society Functions Through Its New Religions": "[N]ew religions in the history of the American people have served at least one particular function: they have allowed the nation to explore, work out, and ...
Containing everything necessary for the reference of the politicians and statesmen of the United States by Michael W. Cluskey
Lawrence Foster or N.Y, Gates) or N. Y, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Lawrence Foster
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: