León appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Leon sees Noel.
- Noel sees Leon.
- Noel saw I was Leon.
On this page:
- León is a city in the Mexican state of Guanajuato. It is also the seat of the municipality of León. It is part of the macroregion of Bajío. It has a strong leather industry, offering shoes, boots, belts, jackets, and other leather accessories both to national and international markets.
- León is the capital of the province of León, located in the northwest of Spain. Its city population of 131,680 makes it the largest municipality in the province, accounting for more than one quarter of the province's population. Including the metropolitan area, the population is estimated at 494,451.
- León is the second largest city in Nicaragua, after Managua. It was founded by the Spaniards as León Santiago de los Caballeros and rivals Granada, Nicaragua, in the number of historic Spanish colonial churches, secular buildings, and private residences. As of 2012, the city had an estimated population of 201,100. which increases sharply during university season with many students coming from other regions of Nicaragua. It is the capital and municipality of León department.
- León a.k.a. Leon is a city in Decatur County, Iowa, United States. The population was 1,977 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Decatur County.
- León a.k.a. Leon is a city in Butler County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 704.
- León a.k.a. Leon is a town in Mason County, West Virginia, United States, along the Kanawha River. The population was 158 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Point Pleasant, WV–OH Micropolitan Statistical Area.
- León a.k.a. Leon is a town in Love County, Oklahoma, United States. The population was 96 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Ardmore, Oklahoma Micropolitan Statistical Area.
- León a.k.a. Leon is a town in Cattaraugus County, New York, United States. The population was 1,365 at the 2010 census. The name is derived from the former Kingdom of León in Spain, though it is pronounced like the American first name, "Lee-on". The town is on the western border of the county, northwest of the city of Salamanca.
- León a.k.a. Leon is a town in Monroe County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 858 at the 2000 census. The unincorporated community of Leon is located in the town.
- León a.k.a. Leon is a town in Waushara County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 1,281 at the 2000 census. The census-designated place of Pine River and unincorporated community of Borth are located in the town.
- León a.k.a. Leon, Virginia: Leon is an unincorporated community located in Madison County, Virginia, United States.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for León
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Josiah Gilbert Holland, Richard Watson Gilder
León is a city of much more pretension than Granada, but of not half the stamina and respectability. Granada is sound and whole; León is decayed, prostrate, its people overridden by priests and in fear of a vagabond soldiery. But here reside ...
Nicaragua Footprint Handbook (2014)
by Richard Arghiris
during the day, León is a terrific city for walking , with each barrio supporting its own unique church and beautiful colonial homes. c For further details, see Transport, page 204. Tourist information The ...
by Mona Baker, Gabriela Saldanha
Eldelito de traducir, León: Universidad de León. —— (1987) Teoríay crítica de latraducción: antología, Bellaterra: Servei de Publicacións de la Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona. —— (1989) 'Traducciones yadaptaciones teatrales: ...
by Zerong Wang
De Leon-Covian Facultad de Ingeniería Mecánica y Eléctrica, FIME, Centro de Innovación, Investigación y Desarrollo en Ingeniería y Tecnología, CIIDIT, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, UANL, San Nicolás de los Garza, Nuevo ...
by Eladio Cortés
de Díaz de León, 1877 ). Descripción ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for León
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about León
In the sky your self immerse
In its eternity remain
The source without disguise remember
All appears naked as truth is plain
Copyrights Leon J Villegas
June 2010 (Leon Jaime Villegas)
more quotes about león...
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of León to learn how to say it correctly!