Lebanon appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- "Levant, Lebanon, Italy or Troy": Latin on a belt navel.
- But a node calf is at Lebanon; on a belt as if laced on a tub.
On this page:
- Lebanon is a city in and the county seat of Wilson County, Tennessee, United States.
- Lebanon, formerly known as Steitztown, is a city in and the county seat of Lebanon County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 25,477 at the 2010 census, a 4.2% increase from the 2000 count of 24,461. Lebanon is located in the central part of the Lebanon Valley, 26 miles east of Harrisburg and 29 miles west of Reading.
- Lebanon is a city in Grafton County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 13,151 at the 2010 census. Lebanon is located in western New Hampshire, south of Hanover, near the Connecticut River. It is the home to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center and Dartmouth Medical School, together comprising the largest medical facility between Boston, Massachusetts and Burlington, Vermont.
- Lebanon is a city in Warren County southwestern. Ohio, US. The population was 20,033 at the 2010 census. Lebanon is the county seat of Warren County and is part of the Cincinnati metropolitan area. Lebanon is widely known as a tourist destination, with its many points of interest, historic landmarks, regional festivals and downtown shopping. The city also has a symphony orchestra and chorus.
- Lebanon is a city in Linn County, Oregon, United States. Lebanon is located in northwest Oregon, southeast of Salem. The population was 15,518 at the 2010 census.
- Lebanon is a city in Laclede County, Missouri, United States. The population was 14,474 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Laclede County. The Lebanon Micropolitan Statistical Area consists of Laclede County.
- Lebanon is a city in and the county seat of Boone County, Indiana, United States. The population was 15,792 at the 2010 census. Lebanon is located in central Indiana, northwest of Indianapolis.
- Lebanon is a 4th-class city in Marion County, Kentucky, in the United States. The population was 6,331 at the 2010 census. It is the seat of its county. Lebanon is located in central Kentucky, southeast of Louisville. A national cemetery is located nearby.
- Lebanon is a city in St. Clair County, Illinois, United States. The population was 5,523 at the 2010 census. Like many other places in "Little Egypt" or Southern Illinois, Lebanon was named after the Middle Eastern country of the same name. It is a part of the Metro-East region of the Greater St. Louis metropolitan area.
- Lebanon is a borough in Hunterdon County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the borough's population was 1,358, reflecting an increase of 293 from the 1,065 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn increased by 29 from the 1,036 counted in the 1990 Census.
- Lebanon is a town in New London County, Connecticut, United States. The population was 7,308 at the 2010 census. The town lies just to the northwest of Norwich, directly south of Willimantic, 20 miles north of New London, and 20 miles east of Hartford. The farming town is best known for its role in the American Revolution, where it was a major base of American operations, and for its historic town green, which is one of the largest in the nation and the only one still used partially for agriculture.
- Lebanon is a town in Russell County, Virginia, United States. The population was 3,424 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Russell County.
- Lebanon is a city in Smith County, Kansas, United States, in the north central part of the state. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 218.
- Lebanon is a town in York County, Maine, United States. The population was 6,031 at the 2010 census. Lebanon includes the villages of Center Lebanon, West Lebanon, North Lebanon, South Lebanon and East Lebanon. It is part of the Portland–South Portland–Biddeford, Maine metropolitan statistical area. Lebanon Airport is home to Skydive New England.
- Lebanon is a village in Red Willow County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 80 at the 2010 census.
- Lebanon is a town in Potter County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 47 at the 2010 census.
- Lebanon is a town in Madison County, New York, United States. The population was 1,332 at the 2010 census. The town is believed to be named after Lebanon, Connecticut.
- Lebanon is a town in Dodge County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 1,664 at the 2000 census. The census-designated place of Lebanon is located in the town. The unincorporated community of Old Lebanon is also located in the town.
- Lebanon is census-designated place and unincorporated community in Marshall County, Oklahoma, United States. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 73440.
- Lebanon is an unincorporated community in central Live Oak County, Texas.
- Lebanon, Georgia is a community that is now absorbed into Holly Springs. While the community is locally known and still referred to as Toonigh, the community has a post office located in a small strip mall just south of the Georgia Northeastern Railroad that was posted as Lebanon, Georgia.
- Lebanon is a town in Waupaca County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 1,648 at the 2000 census. The unincorporated community of Carmel is located in the town. The ghost town of Nowell was also located in the town.
- Lebanon, Colorado is a small, unincorporated community in Montezuma County, Colorado, United States, located north of Cortez, Colorado and is served by the Dolores Post Office, Zip Code 81323.
- Lebanon a.k.a. Lebanon, Hardin County, Tennessee: Lebanon is an unincorporated community in Hardin County, Tennessee. Lebanon is located at the intersection of Tennessee State Route 69 and Tennessee State Route 421 east of Milledgeville.
- read more about Lebanon, Hardin County, Tennessee
There are other places with in their name, like Mt. Lebanon, New Lebanon, Lebanon South, Mount Lebanon, Lebanon Junction, Lebanon Township, Southern Lebanon, Lebanon High School, West Lebanon Township, Anti-Lebanon mountains, Lebanon Valley College, North Lebanon Township, South Lebanon Township, Mount Lebanon Governorate, French Mandate for Syria and the Lebanon.
Phrases with Lebanon
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Lebanon
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
External Intervention, Power-Sharing and Political Instability by Ohannes Geukjian
Lebanon is a sovereign, free, and independent country.
A Reference Handbook by David S. Sorenson
Lebanon is a sovereign, free, and independent country and a final homeland for all its citizens. B. Lebanon is Arab in belonging and identity. It is an active and founding ...
The Mirage of Peace (2009)
Understanding the Never-Ending Conflict in the Middle East by David Aikman
Lebanon is a cosmopolitan, sophisticated and parliamentary democracy state, one ofthe freest of all Arab states, according...
The only problem for little Lebanon is that its far bigger and more powerful neighbor has dominated its political life for ...
Challenges for Building Peace and Democratic Stability by Nils A. Butenschøn, Øyvind Stiansen, Kåre Vollan
Lebanon is a deeply divided country with a long tradition for powersharing between the three major confessional communities; Christians, Sunni Muslims and Shia Muslims. These communities include a number of confessional subgroups.
Shi'ite Lebanon (2011)
Transnational Religion and the Making of National Identities by Roschanack Shaery-Eisenlohr
Since Lebanon is a country made up of many associated confessional, minority communities, it cannot last long, politically speaking, without an assembly which is the meeting-place and the center of unity for these communities.28 While many ...
The Columbus Concept by Fabien DeMeester
Lebanese Traditional Diets and Health Effects 34 Nahla Hwalla and Dalia Tannous Dit El Khoury Abstract Lebanon is a highly urbanized Mediterranean country, characterized by its healthy traditional cuisine. With some exceptions related to ...
by Irina Wolf
Lebanon is a unique country of the Middle East.
Under the Blue Beret (2013)
A U.N. Peacekeeper in the Middle East by Terry "Stoney" Burke
South Lebanon is a very dangerous ...
President Reagan (1991)
The Role of a Lifetime by Lou Cannon
Lebanon is a war-torn ruin of a land the size of Connecticut where rival clans and sectarian forces battle for military and political supremacy. It is, as a U.S. report put it, "a country beset with virtually every unresolved dispute afflicting the ...
Encyclopedia of Entomology (2008)
by John L. Capinera
Lebanon Dysaphis pyri Boy. (Hemiptera: Aphididae); Iraqb Eriosoma ...
by Irving Epstein
Box 118240 El-Maskan Building, Mazraa Beirut, Lebanon The Lebanese Family Planning Association deals with child welfare and women's and children's access to health care in addition to access ...
by John A. Beck
The Poor Man's Concordance, and dictionary to the sacred scriptures both of the Old and New Testament (1828)
Designed ... for that class who read the "Poor Man's commentary on the Bible" by Robert Hawker
LEBANON. A mountain famous in Scripture, and highly celebrated : it separates Syria from Palestine. The name in Hebrew is Leban, and signifies white — probably so called from the everlasting snow covering the summit of it. The cedars of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Lebanon
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Lebanon
Click on an item to view that photo:
beiroet, tyre, saida, sour, pigeonrocks, people, city, sunset
Photo credit: Marc Veraart
Photo credit: banoootah_qtr
Videos about Lebanon
Click on an item to play that video:
- Lebanon Meaning
Video shows what Lebanon means. Country in the Middle East. Official name: Republic of Lebanon. Also (especially formerly) known as "the Lebanon".
- "Cooking is the Only Language and Lebanon is the Only Cause"
NoGarlicNoOnions at Tawlet... Where Love for Food and Lebanon Unite ...
- Nepalese language: A passion in lebanon
Never in history has Nepal remained under anybody's dominance and control. Even the East India Company could not influence the Nepalese territory. And this ...
- Lebanon language
- "Baalbek" Jimsim's photos around Baalbeck, Lebanon (baalbeck lebanon description)
- NOUN YA on O'TV (Lebanon, march 2009)
- T.E.S School 1988 Tripoli , Lebanon : Mind Your Language
- Student from Lebanon Testimonial (Open Hearts Language Academy).
See also the pronunciation examples of Lebanon!
Quotes about Lebanon
I rejected the armed struggle because, as a Christian, I am committed to a nonviolent and peaceful struggle. But people take their own initiatives, because it is a Lebanon type of situation here. (Mangosuthu Buthelezi)
more quotes about lebanon...
Scrabble value of L1E1B3A1N1O1N1
The value of this 7-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of LEBANON
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Lebanon!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Lebanon to see it in context!