On this page:
- Definition of the noun leisure
- Phrases with Leisure
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Leisure
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Leisure
- Photos about Leisure
- Videos about Leisure
- Sign language
- Quotes about Leisure
- Scrabble value of L1E1I1S1U1R1E1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun leisure
What does leisure mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: leisures
- time available for ease and relaxation
- example: his job left him little leisure
- lexical domain: Time - nouns denoting time and temporal relations
- synonym of leisure: leisure time
- more generic term: time off = a time period when you are not required to work
- more specific terms:
- freedom to choose a pastime or enjoyable activity
Alternative definition of the noun leisure
- Freedom provided by the cessation of activities.
- Time free from work or duties.
Leisure is an unincorporated community in Duck Creek Township, Madison County, Indiana.
- also known as Leisure, Indiana
- part of Indiana, Madison County, Duck Creek Township, United States of America
Leisure is a publisher.
- "Leisure" is the debut album by English rock band Blur. The album was released on 26 August 1991 in the United Kingdom via Food Records, and peaked at number 7 in the UK Albums Chart. It was released in the US a month later with a different track listing. The album was certified Gold in the UK. The US version of Leisure was frontloaded with Blur's three UK singles, and the song "Sing" was replaced by the B-side "I Know". The Canadian version has the same tracklisting as the UK version.
- "Leisure" is a musical single of Dmitry Fyodorov.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Leisure" is a composition.
- "Leisure" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Andy Partridge
- "Leisure" is a composition.
- music by ADNY
- "Leisure" is a poem by Welsh poet W. H. Davies, appearing originally in his Songs Of Joy and Others, published in 1911 by A. C. Fifield and then in Davies' first anthology Collected Poems, by the same publisher in 1916.
- "Leisure" is a book by Ralph Glasser.
- also known as Leisure: penalty or prize?
- "Leisure" is a book by Margaret Elizabeth Mulac.
- also known as "Leisure; time for living and retirement"
- "Leisure" is a book by George A. Lundberg.
- also known as "Leisure: a suburban study"
- "Leisure" is a book by Martin Harrison.
"Leisure" is a 1976 short animated film directed by Bruce Petty.
- country: Australia
- language: English Language
- producer: Suzanne Baker
- executive producer: Ron Saunders
- starring: Alexander Archdale
- edited by Peter Blaxland
- music by Michael Carlos
- genre: Animation
- released in (39 years ago)
Leisure, or free time, is time spent away from business, work, domestic chores, and education. It also excludes time spent on necessary activities such as eating and sleeping.
- also known as 餘暇
Phrases with Leisure
Phrases starting with the word Leisure:
Phrases ending with the word Leisure:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Leisure
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Dark Side of Megatrends by Keith McClellan
Leisure is an opportunity for laying greater emphasis on making a life than on merely making a living. Someone once said...
Leisure is the opportunity to get acquainted with our significant others — our family, our friends, our loved ones. Some people go...
by Libby Rittenberg
Leisure is a type of consumption good; individuals gain utility directly from it. Work provides income that, in turn, can be...
Alterity and the Other by Ronald C. Arnett, Patricia Arneson
Leisure is a term and a concept that is misunderstood.
Helping Teenagers Pray by Mark Yaconelli
Holy leisure is a spiritual attitude that seeks to...
Leisure is the relief and contentment that arise when we finally stop all our striving and bargaining and simply allow our real selves (and the mixture of sin and holiness that is each of us ) to come ...
Shaping the Future by Klaus Weiermair, Christine Mathies
UNDERSTANDING LEISURE AND TOURISM Leisure is a complex phenomenon with three primary elements — time,
Leisure and Ancient Rome (2013)
by J. P. Toner
The definition is this: Leisure is a system of symbols which acts to establish a feeling of freedom and pleasure by formulating a sense of choice and desire. It will be immediately apparent that this is broadly based on Geertz's classic definition of ...
The Radical Christian Life (2011)
A Year with Saint Benedict by Joan Chittister
Leisure is the Benedictine gift of regular reflection and continual consciousness of the presence of God. It is the gift of contemplation in a world of action. Holy leisure is a necessary respite from a wildly moving world that turns incessantly now ...
by David Horton Smith, Robert A. Stebbins, Michael A. Dover
leisure class legal status of nonprofit: 1. concern with whether a *nonprofit group is formally incorporated in a state, province, or nation (cf. Hopkins 1998, passim). 2. concern with whether a *nonprofit is formally tax exempt according to ...
by George A. Barnett
travel, money, leisure) outline member benefits provided by the network. Members can participate in AARP's Web-based online community, allowing them to connect with other members as well as to join ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Leisure
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Leisure
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Leisure Centre.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Leisure
Click on an item to play that video:
- Leisure Meaning
Video shows what leisure means. Freedom provided by the cessation of activities.. Time free from work or duties.. Time at one's command, free from ...
- Tolor's Club -- Leisure and Recreation, Vocabulary and Pronunciation Video
This video introduces vocabulary and pronunciation for the names of some common leisure and recreation activities. Listen and repeat!
- Tolor's Club, Leisure and Recreation Vocabulary, Self-Challenge Video
This is a Tolor's Club self-challenge video. After learning the "Leisure and Recreation" vocabulary contained in the vocabulary and pronunciation video, use this ...
- Leisure Line Feed System Explanation
Leisure Line Stove Company Feed System explained by previous owner Jerry Steward.
- Planet leisure trip explanation
- 02.09 - Leisure Activities - Vocabulary
via YouTube Capture.
- RCC MT Vocabulary List "Play, Leisure, & Travel"
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Machinery or apparatus for leisure equipment
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Leisure equipment
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Waterside leisure facilities construction work
- Language and Leisure 2014 Cup Song
Students at Language and Leisure perform the cup song 2014.
- Language and Leisure AUGUST Cup Song
Amazing Language and Leisure students doing the cup song!
- The Leisure Language and Environment
Leisure is an experimental language and environment in development now and will hopefully help people to learn computing. Leisure runs in a browser and ...
- 5th Language And Technology Conference - Day Two - Leisure
- Las Vegas City Scene - Leisure Services /Citizenship and Language Classes
City Scene Episode 120410 Segment 2, Leisure Services /Citizenship and Language Classes - Instructors Maira Crum and Gonzalo H. Camelo share how ...
- Language Learning Tip #7 - Leisure and Study
- Language and Leisure
- Leisure Reading at the Language Resource Center
See also the pronunciation examples of Leisure!
East Riding, Leisure Services - British Sign Language
Quotes about Leisure
Scrabble value of L1E1I1S1U1R1E1
The value of this 7-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Leisure to see it in context!