On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun lonicera
What does lonicera mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of Lonicera: genus Lonicera
- more generic term: asterid dicot genus = genus of more or less advanced dicotyledonous herbs and some trees and shrubs
- member of: Caprifoliaceae / family Caprifoliaceae / honeysuckle family = shrubs and small trees and woody vines
- honeysuckle = shrub or vine of the genus Lonicera
- Lonicera albiflora / white honeysuckle = bushy honeysuckle with twining branches and white or yellow-white flowers
- American fly honeysuckle / Lonicera canadensis / fly honeysuckle = erect deciduous North American shrub with yellow-white flowers
- Lonicera caprifolium / Italian honeysuckle / Italian woodbine = deciduous climbing shrub with fragrant yellow-white flowers in axillary whorls
- yellow honeysuckle / Lonicera dioica = twining deciduous shrub with clusters of purple-tinged yellow-green flowers
- yellow honeysuckle / Lonicera flava = climbing deciduous shrub with fragrant yellow (later orange) flowers in terminal whorls
- hairy honeysuckle / Lonicera hirsuta = twining deciduous shrub with hairy leaves and spikes of yellow-orange flowers
- Lonicera involucrata / twinberry = shrubby honeysuckle with purple flowers
- Japanese honeysuckle / Lonicera japonica = an Asiatic trailing evergreen honeysuckle with half-evergreen leaves and fragrant white flowers turning yellow with age
- Lonicera japonica halliana / Hall's honeysuckle = a variety of Japanese honeysuckle that grows like a vine
- Lonicera periclymenum / woodbine = European twining honeysuckle with fragrant red and yellow-white flowers
- Lonicera sempervirens / trumpet honeysuckle / coral honeysuckle / trumpet flower / trumpet vine = evergreen North American honeysuckle vine having coral-red or orange flowers
- Tartarian honeysuckle / Lonicera tatarica / bush honeysuckle = a honeysuckle shrub of southern Russia to central Asia
- European fly honeysuckle / European honeysuckle / Lonicera xylosteum = cultivated Eurasian shrub with twin yellowish-white flowers and scarlet fruit
Alternative definition of the noun lonicera
- Any plant of the genus Lonicera, the honeysuckles.
Phrases with Lonicera
- Lonicera alba
- Lonicera Hybr
- Lonicera Aurea
- Lonicera Bella
- lonicera flava
- Lonicera Fulva
- Lonicera Grata
- Lonicera Harae
- Lonicera Harai
- Lonicera Konoi
- Lonicera Longa
- Lonicera Media
- Lonicera Mitis
- Lonicera Nigra
- Lonicera Notha
- Lonicera Odora
- Lonicera Olgae
- Lonicera Ovata
- Lonicera Rubra
- genus lonicera
View more phrases with the word Lonicera in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Lonicera
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Gaillard's Medical Journal (1891)
The lonicera is a twining shrub, has no tendrils, its flowers are in whorls from the axils, often showy and fragrant in bloom from May to October ; the leaves are mostly entire, and have b»en recommended in cures of asthma and other pectoral ...
Pruning and Training (2017)
Thus Lonicera is a genus, while Lonicera japonica and L. nitida are ...
by Belle Sumner Angier
Lonicera is the family name of the honeysuckles, ...
With Groups and Descriptions by Elizabeth Twining
Lonicera is a name given to some of . these plants, in memory of a German botanist. L. japonica is very elegant, and has been called the “ gold and silver flower,” from the lower row of flowers becoming yellow as they begin to wither, whilst the ...
Proven, Easy Ways To Make a Beautiful Garden by John Shortland
leaves, Lonicera is a nonflowering and nonclimbing form of honeysuckle. It requires frequent clipping – sometimes three or more times a year – to look its ...
Plant Breeding Systems (1997)
by A. J. Richards
However, Diervilla lonicera is a large shrub which ...
The Art of Creative Pruning (2012)
Inventive Ideas for Training and Shaping Trees and Shrubs by Jake Hobson
Lonicera is a fantastic option if you want fast results for a hedge, but it grows amazingly quickly and fairly messily—it needs constant pruning and once established, benefits from clipping at least once a month through late spring to early ...
The Rural New-Yorker (1895)
The Lonicera is the well-known Japanese honeysuckle, than which a more useful vine does not exist. The rose is a Tea, climabing, quite hardy here, and, like all Teas, blooms all the time. The flowers are flesh-colored. Its hardiness is not ...
by Joel Ellis Holloway, Amanda Neill
Lonicera albiflora White Honeysuckle SCIENTIFIC NAME: Lonicera, for Adam Lonitzer (Lonicer) (1528-1586), a German botanist + albiflora, Latin for white- flowered.
by John Henry Clarke
Lonicera. Periclymenum. Lonicera periclymenum. Woodbine. Honeysuckle.
by John Henry Clarke
Lonicera Periclymenum. Lonicera periclymenum. Woodbine. Honeysuckle ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology (5 Volume Set) by Umberto Quattrocchi
(Lonicera ciliosa (Pursh) Poiret) North America. Perennial shrub, vine See Prodromus Systematis Naturalis Regni Vegetabilis 4: 333. 1830 (Contraceptive, sedative, tonic, stimulant, anticonvulsive, for tuberculosis, colds, sore throats, coughs, ...
Subjective health care viewed with an objective eye by Joseph Segen
Lonicera. japonica. Popularly known as Japanese honeysuckle, see there...
The Gardeners Dictionary (1754)
Containing the Methods of Cultivating and Improving All Sorts of Trees, Plants, and Flowers, for the Kitchen, Fruit and Pleasure Gardens; as Also Those which are Used in Medicine, with Directions for the Culture of Vineyards, and Making of Wine in England. In which Likewsie are Included the Practical Parts of Husbandry by Philip Miller
Lonicera with a scarlet Flewer, and black Berries. 2. LoNiceRA pedunculi: bifloris, baccio distinctis, floribus bilabiatio, Joliis into gerrimis. Flor. Leyd. The Upright red-berried Honeysuckle.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Lonicera
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Lonicera
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Lonicera
Video shows what lonicera means. Any plant of the genus Lonicera, the honeysuckles.. Lonicera Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
Scrabble value of L1O1N1I1C3E1R1A1
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of LONICERA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- IRON LACE
- NICOL RAE
See also the blanagrams of Lonicera!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Lonicera to find many related words and phrases!