On this page:
"Lootera", is a 2013 Indian period romantic drama film directed by Vikramaditya Motwane and partly based on author O. Henry's 1907 short story The Last Leaf. It is the second film directed by Motwane after his critically acclaimed film Udaan. Set in the era of the 1950s, the film stars Ranveer Singh and Sonakshi Sinha in lead roles. The producers of the film being Shobha Kapoor, Ekta Kapoor, Anurag Kashyap and Vikas Bahl, the film features music and background score by Amit Trivedi with all song lyrics penned by Amitabh Bhattacharya and cinematography by Mahendra J. Shetty. Lootera released to worldwide critical acclaim on July 5, 2013 and was counted as one of the best movies of the year 2013.
- also known as लूटेरा
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- producers: Anurag Kashyap, Shobha Kapoor, Ekta Kapoor & Vikas Bahl
- executive producer: Dipa Motwane
- production design by Aditya Kanwar
- written by Bhavani Iyer & Vikramaditya Motwane
- based on a story by Anurag Kashyap & Vikramaditya Motwane
- casting by Atul Mongia
- cinematography by Mahendra Shetty
- edited by Dipika Kalra
- music by Amit Trivedi
- costume design by Subarna Ray Chaudhuri
- set decoration by Dhara Jain & Kazvin Dangor
- genres: Romance Film, Drama, Bollywood, World cinema
- released on
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress (as Pakhi Roy Chaudhary) nomination for Sonakshi Sinha
- Filmfare Award for Best Music Director nomination for Amit Trivedi
- Star Guild Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role (as Pakhi Roy Chaudhary) nomination for Sonakshi Sinha
- Zee Cine Award for Best Editing nomination for Dipika Kalra
- Zee Cine Award for Best Cinematography nomination for Mahendra Shetty
- Zee Cine Award for Best Music Director nomination for Amit Trivedi
- Zee Cine Award for Best Background Music nomination for Amit Trivedi
- Zee Cine Award for Best Production Design nomination for Aditya Kanwar
- IIFA Award for Best Actress (Pakhi Roy Chaudhary) nomination for Sonakshi Sinha
- Zee Cine Critics Award for Best Actor – Female, received by Sonakshi Sinha
"Lootera" is the soundtrack album of the 2013 film.
- also known as Lootera soundtrack
- genre: Soundtrack
- released on
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Lootera
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
With the Accentuation of the Oordoo Words, Calculated to Facilitate Their Pronunciation by Europeans by Joseph T. Thompson
lootera, gAarutgur, gAuneem, AuzzaA Plunge, v. gAotuh dena, ghotuh mama Plural, a.juma, buhoo-buchun Plurality, s. jumeeuf, kusrut, booh- tU Ply, v. mushgAool ruhna, mihnut k.; (pester) ajiz k. Poach, v. neem -josh k.; ...
In Roman Characters by Joseph T. Thompson
kuzzak, lootera, pin. dara, garut-gur. [tukht-taraj . Frée-booting, s. kuzzakee, loot, Freedom, s.azadee,ikhtiyar, chhoot- kara, azadugee, mookt, ooddhar ; (independence) furagut-halee, as. ooda-halee, swadheen-ta ; ( exemption) ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Lootera
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of L1O1O1T1E1R1A1
The value of this 7-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of LOOTERA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Lootera!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Lootera for some fun with words!