Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing
- "Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing" is a 1955 American drama-romance film. Set in 1949-50 Hong Kong, it tells the story of a married, but separated, American reporter Mark Elliot, who falls in love with a Eurasian doctor Han Suyin originally from China, only to encounter prejudice from her family and from Hong Kong society.
- Love Is A Many-splendored Thing a.k.a. Love Is a Many Splendored Thing is an American daytime soap opera which aired on CBS from September 18, 1967 to March 23, 1973. The series was created by Irna Phillips, who served as the first head writer. She was replaced by Jane Avery and Ira Avery in 1968, who were followed by Don Ettlinger, James Lipton, and finally Ann Marcus. John Conboy was the producer for most of the show's run.
- begun on September 18th, 1967 and completed on March 23rd, 1973 (39 years ago)
- 1415 episodes of 30 minutes each
- country: United States of America
- created by Irna Phillips
- regular cast:
- genre: Soap opera
- some of the awards:
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Achievement in Daytime Programming - Individuals nomination for John A. Wendell & Victor Paganuzzi
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Achievement in Daytime Programming - Individuals nomination for James Angerame
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Achievement By Individuals In Daytime Drama nomination for John A. Wendell & Victor Paganuzzi
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Achievement By Individuals In Daytime Drama nomination for Peter Levin
"Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing" is a popular song with music by Sammy Fain and lyrics by Paul Francis Webster. The song was publicized first in the movie, Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing (1955), winning the Academy Award for Best Original Song. From 1967 to 1973, it was used as the theme song to Love is a Many Splendored Thing, the soap opera based on the movie.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions about Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
Sammy Fain, Paul Francis Webster, “Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing
” (Love Is a ManySplendored Thing) Jay Livingston, Ray Evans, “Whatever Will
Factual and Fictional Series about Judges, Lawyers and the Courtroom, 1948-2008 by Hal Erickson
slot in order to create a 90-minute soap-opera block with two other CBS
serials, Love is a Many-Splendored Thing and Guiding Light, beginning
September 11, 1972. By this time, Edge of Night had undergone several interior
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias about Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing to learn how to say it correctly!