On this page:
- Lucile a.k.a. Lucile, Idaho: Lucile is an unincorporated community in Idaho County, Idaho, United States. Lucile is located on the east bank of the Salmon River and U.S. Route 95 8 miles north of Riggins. Lucile has a post office with ZIP code 83542.
- read more about Lucile, Idaho
- Lucile a.k.a. Lucile, West Virginia: Lucile is an unincorporated community in Wirt County, West Virginia, United States. Lucile is located on West Virginia Route 14 and Reedy Creek 4 miles northeast of Reedy.
- read more about Lucile, West Virginia
- Lucile a.k.a. Lucy, Lady Duff-Gordon: Lucy Christiana, Lady Duff-Gordon was a leading fashion designer in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, best known as "Lucile", her professional name. Lucile, the first British-based designer to achieve international acclaim, was a widely acknowledged innovator in couture styles as well as in fashion industry public relations. Apart from originating the "mannequin parade", a precursor to the modern fashion show, and training the first professional models, she launched liberating slit skirts and low necklines, popularized less restrictive corsets, and promoted alluring, pared-down lingerie. Opening branches of her London house, Lucile Ltd, in Paris, New York City, and Chicago, her business became the first global couture brand, dressing a trend-setting clientele of royalty, nobility and stage and film personalities. Lucy Duff Gordon is also remembered as a survivor of the sinking of Titanic in 1912, and as the losing party in the precedent-setting 1917 contract law case of Wood v. Lucy, Lady Duff-Gordon, in which Judge Benjamin N. Cardozo wrote the opinion for New York's highest court, the New York Court of Appeals.
- read more about Lucy, Lady Duff-Gordon
- Lucile a.k.a. Lucille Ascolese was the first wife of Roy Rogers.
- read more about Lucille Ascolese
- Lucile a.k.a. Kanya Teansavang is Miss Siam 1934 and spouse of Suchit Hiranyapruk.
- read more about Kanya Teansavang
There are other people with in their name, like Lucile Laks, Lucile Swan, Lucile Bogue, Lucile Grahn, Lucile Lloyd, Lucile Lomen, Lucile Barnes, Lucile Blanch, Lucile Brandt, Lucile Browne and many others.
- Lucile is a fictional character from the 1988 film The Unholy.
- Lucile is a fictional character from the 2009 film Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever.
- Lucile is a ficttional character from a 2005 film A Common Thread.
- Lucile is a fictional film character.
"Lucile" is an opéra comique, described as a comédie mêlée d'ariettes, in one act by the Belgian composer André Grétry, The French text was by Jean-François Marmontel, and the characters in the opera, though not the actual story, were derived from Marmontel's L'école des pères. The melody from "Où peut-on être mieux qu'au sein de sa famille?" was later reused in Vieuxtemps' Violin Concerto No. 5, Op.37.
- language: French
- music by André Grétry
"Lucile" was a verse novel written by Robert Bulwer-Lytton writing under the pen name Owen Meredith, and published in 1860. The poem is a narrative told in an anapaest meter. It was Meredith's most popular work, achieving wide popularity in the 19th century, despite accusations of plagiarism involving elements of an 1831 George Sand novella, Lavinia.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Lucile
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Breeder's Gazette (1917)
A Weekly Publication Devoted ... to the Interests of Live-stock Breeders
Lucile is an International winner and one of the best mares ever sold publicly in Iowa. The catalog is ready—Advertisement. Underwood Herefords at Auction.— At Sioux City, 1a., on “'ednesday, Dec. 12, a large and representative offering of ...
by James W. Gordon
Iticley; an instrumental solo by Miss Lucile IRankin; some such old songs as “Auld Lang Syne,” “Old Black Joe,” “ Nellie Gray," etc., by a quartet composed of W. J. McElhinney, Mrs. C. G. Richey, J. F. ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Lucile
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Lucile
Click on an item to view that photo:
-By Owen Meredith
-Copyright 1878 James R. Osgood & Co.
-Biding is in good condition
-Gold pages to edges
-Worn cover edges
All proceeds help us continue the fight against HIV/AIDS and homelessness
Photo credit: HousingWorksPhotos
Photo credit: Why Not Linh Vu
- Lucile in the park
Photo credit: brimborion
- Old Lucile Recreation Site
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Photo credit: BLMIdaho
- Lucile Villeneuve Evans
Lucile Villeneuve Evans, soprano
Photo credit: ken.setser
- Eggs Sardou at Lucile's
Poached eggs, creamed spinach, gulf shrimp, grits
Photo credit: squidish
- Lucile and David Packard
A series of events starting at the Los Altos History Museum.
Photo credit: Marcin Wichary
- Lucile from SourceFabric
Photo credit: okfn
- Lucile Street and Airportway
Photo credit: pasa47
Video about Lucile
Video shows what Lucile means. , variant of Lucille.. Lucile Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say Lucile. Powered by MaryTTS ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Lucile!
Scrabble value of L1U1C3I1L1E1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine