Luke appears in the following tongue twister:
- Luke Luck likes lakes.
Luke's duck likes lakes.
Luke Luck licks lakes.
Luck's duck licks lakes.
Duck takes licks in lakes Luke Luck likes.
Luke Luck takes licks in lakes duck likes.
(from Dr. Seuss' Fox in Socks)
On this page:
- Definition of the noun luke
- Definition of the adjective luke
- Phrases with Luke
- Printed books with definitions for Luke
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Luke
- Photos about Luke
- Videos about Luke
- Sign language
- Quotes about Luke
- Scrabble value of L1U1K5E1
- Anagrams of LUKE
- Share this page
Luke is sometimes a misspelling of laugh.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun luke
What does luke mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- (New Testament) the Apostle closely associated with St. Paul and traditionally assumed to be the author of the third Gospel
- domain: New Testament
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of Luke: Saint Luke / St. Luke
- instance of: Apostelic Father / Apostle = any important early teacher of Christianity or a Christian missionary to a people; Evangelist = any of the spiritual leaders who are assumed to be authors of the Gospels in the New Testament: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John; saint = a person who has died and has been declared a saint by canonization
- one of the four Gospels in the New Testament; contains details of Jesus's birth and early life
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonyms of Luke: Gospel According to Luke / Gospel of Luke
- instance of: book = a major division of a long written composition; evangel / Gospel / Gospels = the four books in the New Testament (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) that tell the story of Christ's life and teachings
- part of: New Testament = the collection of books of the Gospels, Acts of the Apostles, the Pauline and other epistles, and Revelation; composed soon after Christ's death
Definition of the adjective luke
What does luke mean as an attribute of a noun?
- [British] lukewarm
- Luke a.k.a. George Lucas: George Walton Lucas, Jr. is an American film director, screenwriter, producer, and entrepreneur. He founded Lucasfilm and led the company as chairman and chief executive before selling it to The Walt Disney Company on October 30, 2012. He is best known as the creator of the space opera franchise Star Wars and the archaeologist adventurer character Indiana Jones. Lucas is one of the American film industry's most financially successful filmmakers and has been nominated for four Academy Awards for directing and writing American Graffiti and Star Wars.
- read more about George Lucas
- Luke a.k.a. Luther Campbell: Luther Roderick Campbell, also known as Luke Skyywalker, Solo Luke, Uncle Luke or Luke, is a record label owner, rap performer, and actor. He is perhaps best known as a one-time member and leader of 2 Live Crew, and star of his own short-lived show on VH1, Luke's Parental Advisory. As a result of one of the group's songs, which used a parody of Roy Orbison's "Oh, Pretty Woman" Campbell was party to Campbell v. Acuff-Rose Music, Inc. which was argued in front of the US Supreme Court.
- read more about Luther Campbell
- Luke a.k.a. Lukasz Gottwald: Lukasz Sebastian "Luke" Gottwald, better known as "Dr. Luke," is an American songwriter, record producer, multi-instrumentalist, and remixer. Dr. Luke's professional music career began in the late night television sketch comedy Saturday Night Live as its house band's lead guitarist in 1997 and producing remixes for artists such as Bon Jovi and Gravediggaz. He came into music prominence in 2004 for producing Kelly Clarkson's single "Since U Been Gone" with Swedish record producer Max Martin.
- read more about Lukasz Gottwald (dance-pop artist)
- Luke a.k.a. Steve Lukather: Steven Lee "Luke" Lukather is an American guitarist, singer, songwriter, arranger and record producer, best known for his work with the rock band Toto. A prolific session musician, Lukather has recorded guitar tracks for more than 1,500 albums representing a broad array of artists and genres. He has also contributed to albums and hit singles as a songwriter, arranger and producer. Lukather has released seven solo albums, the latest of which was released in January 2013.
- read more about Steve Lukather
- Luke a.k.a. Derek Luke is an American actor. He won the Independent Spirit Award for his big-screen debut performance in the 2002 film Antwone Fisher, directed and produced by Denzel Washington.
- read more about Derek Luke (actor)
- Luke a.k.a. Jerry Lucas: Jerry Ray Lucas is an American former basketball player, who is now a memory education expert. In 1996, the NBA's 50th anniversary, he was named one of the 50 greatest players in National Basketball Association history. He was named to Sports Illustrated 's five-man College All-Century Team in 1999.
- read more about Jerry Lucas
- Luke a.k.a. Luke Edwards: Lucas Daniel "Luke" Edwards is an American actor. He began taking acting lessons for fun on his mother's suggestion and landed his first television role in 1988 on an ABC Afterschool Special episode. He had roles in the films The Wizard, Guilty By Suspicion, Newsies, Mother's Boys, Little Big League, American Pie 2, Jeepers Creepers 2, Debating Robert Lee, Graphic, Turn Me On, Dead Man, and Disarmed. He wrapped up filming Little Odessa in 2009. He has had varied success with television, with guest appearances on Roseanne, 21 Jump Street, Molloy, Parker Lewis Can't Lose, Not of This World, Davis Rules, Human Target, Strange World, Undressed, Night Visions, Without a Trace, Close to Home, and Privileged. He was also in made-for-television movies I Know My First Name is Steven, The Yarn Princess, The Little Riders, Cheaters, Shadow Realm, and Devil's Run. He continues to act professionally, and is set to film Jeepers Creepers 3, due out sometime around 2013.
- read more about Luke Edwards (actor)
- Luke a.k.a. Um Sang-hyun is a South Korean voice actor.
- read more about Um Sang-hyun (actor)
- Luke a.k.a. Jayni Chase is the wife of Chavy Chase.
- read more about Jayni Chase (writer)
- Luke a.k.a. Luke Lee Wen Loong is a Singaporean actor, best known for portraying characters in both film and television. His best known role was Sergeant Heng in Jack Neo's army movies Ah Boys to Men and Ah Boys to Men 2. Notable roles include appearing in MediaCorp Channel 5's Point of Entry, HBO & Australian Broadcasting Corporation's Serangoon Road as well as BBC's Insatiable Teens.
- read more about Luke Lee (actor)
- Luke a.k.a. Luke Murray is an actor and basketball coach.
- read more about Luke Murray
- Luke a.k.a. Hess Is More: Mikkel Hess is a Danish musician best known for his ongoing collaborative project Hessismore. Other bands and collaborations include “Hess / AC / Hess Spacelab”, “3 x Hess”, “2s and 4s”, “Hess / Vibskov Trommefredag” and “SH101 Nightmare”.
- read more about Hess Is More (musical artist)
- Luke a.k.a. Luca Magnani appeared in the documentary film Il était une fois... Rome, ville ouverte.
- read more about Luca Magnani (film actor)
- Luke a.k.a. Jeremy Lucas is an actor.
- read more about Jeremy Lucas (actor)
- Luke a.k.a. Lucas is a musical artist.
- read more about Lucas
- Luke a.k.a. Paul Luen is an organization founder, organization leader.
- read more about Paul Luen
- Luke is a French rock band. The group was formed in Aquitaine in 1998 when Thomas Boulard joined the group Spring, consisting of Christophe Plantier and François Jugé. The band's name is derived from the American movie Cool Hand Luke. In 1999, Luke composed a number of demos and a seven track CD. That same year they signed with Village Vert. They released an EP titled Je n'éclaire que moi.
- genre: French rock
- albums: "La vie presque", "La tête en arrière", "Les Enfants de Saturne", "Où en est la nuit", "Je n'éclaire que moi", "D'autre part"
- nomination: - nominated to MTV Europe Music Award for Best French Act
- official website: www.luke.com.fr
- Luke is a Danish electronica band. Their personal style contains elements of many other genres such as bossa nova, rock, lounge, trip-hop. The three front figures of Henry, Tanja and Mike, have played together for more than 15 years.
- Luke is a musical group.
- album: "In Less Than No Time"
- official website: www.luke-music.de
There are other groups with in their name, like luke and q, Luke & Swift, Luke Bellows, Noose for Luke, Luke Vibert & BJ Cole, Orchestra of St. Luke’s, brother luke and 2 k.u.l., Luke Vibert And B.J. Cole, Axwell / Angello / Ingrosso / Laidback Luke.
- Luke is an ox that appeared in the film Tall Tales.
- read more about Luke (film actor)
- Luke appeared in the 1996 film Homeward Bound II: Lost in San Francisco.
- read more about Luke (film actor)
There are other animals with in their name, like Luke Blackburn.
- Luke a.k.a. Son is a fictional character from the TV series How I Met Your Mother.
- read more about Son
- Luke is a fictional character from the 2012 film The Place Beyond the Pines.
- Luke is a fictional film character.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 1987 film They Call Me Renegade.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 2008 film Older Than America.
- Luke is a fictional character in the 2010 dance/romance film Step Up 3-D.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 2001 film Out Cold.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 1976 film We Can't Go Home Again.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 2013 film The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 2003 film Dracula II: Ascension.
- Luke is a fictional character in the 2010 film The Next Three Days.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 2012 film Lola Versus.
- Luke a.k.a. Yamada is a fictional character from the 1999 anime TV series Black Heaven.
- read more about Yamada
- Luke is a fictional character from the 1978 anime TV series Future Boy Conan.
- also known as Cheet Luke
- Luke is a fictional character from the 2001 film Intimacy.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 2006 film Children of Men.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 2011 film Burning Man.
- Luke is a fictional character from The Reef.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 2005 drama film Last Days.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 2011 drama film Not Today.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 2012 film Rat King.
- Luke is fictional character from the television program Mon Colle Knights.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 2011 film The Innkeepers.
- Luke is a fictional character in the 2011 film The End.
- Luke is a fictional character from The Maltese Falcon.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 1990 film Child in the Night.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 2003 film Thirteen.
- Luke is a fictional character in the 2009 romantic comedy film It's Complicated.
- Luke is a fictional character from anime tv series Zoids: Fuzors.
- Luke is a fictional character from the book Olive's Ocean.
- also known as Luke Manning
- Luke is a fictional character from the 2012 film The Magic of Belle Isle.
- Luke is a fictional character from Life of St. Paul.
- Luke is a fictional character from Kiss at Pine Lake.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 2006 film La cura del gorilla.
- Luke is a fictional character from the film The Cafeteria.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 2001 film Better Or Worse?.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 1959 film The Siege of Pinchgut.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 1991 film A Case of Honor.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 1990 film Shattered Dreams.
- Luke is a fictional character from The Handmaid's Tale.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 2012 film Pitch Perfect.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 2011 film Deep End.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 2011 film X.
- Luke is a fictional character from Chains.
- Luke is a fictional character from the 1982 film Manhattan Baby.
There are other characters with in their name, like Luke's, Baby Luke, John Luke, Luke Cage, Luke Duke, Luke Ward, Lucky Luke, Luke Danes, Luke Gower, Luke Jones, Luke Riley, Luke Roper, Luke Smith, Luke White, Uncle Luke, Luke Benson, Luke Dingle, Luke French.
"Luke" is a book by Leon Morris.
- also known as "The Gospel according to Luke: an introduction and commentary"
- "Luke" is a 1967 short film directed by Bruce Conner.
- "Luke" is a short film.
- country: United States of America
- "Luke" is the third solo album by Steve Lukather released in 1997. It was a much different and more introspective album than Lukather's previous two solo efforts. The album is a concentrated collection of many of Lukather's musical influences, and he deliberately let those influences come out on the album. Luke is an experimental album, and like Candyman it was recorded mostly in live sessions with minimal overdubbing and processing afterward. Luke also features instrumentation not heard on previous Lukather albums such as pedal steel, harmonicas, Mellotrons, and experimental guitar, bass, and drum sounds.
- "Luke" is a musical album of I Used To Be A Sparrow.
- released on
- "Luke" is a musical album of Luther Campbell.
- Luke is a town in Allegany County, Maryland, United States located on the Potomac River just upstream of Westernport. Known originally as West Piedmont, the town is part of the Cumberland, MD-WV Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 65 at the 2010 census.
- Luke is a village in the municipality of Ivanjica, Serbia. According to the 2002 census, the village has a population of 1037 people.
- part of Ivanjica
- Luke is a village in the municipality of Čajniče, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- part of Čajniče
- Luke is a village in the municipality of Pale, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- part of Pale, Bosnia and Herzegovina
There are other places with in their name, like Saint Luke, St. Luke's, Saint Luke Parish, St. Luke's Church, St. Luke's Hospital, St. Luke's Medical Center and Mount Sinai St. Luke's and Mount Sinai Roosevelt.
- lukE is a gene.
- Luke: True Religion's signature lowrise bootcut with back flap pockets. Luke most closely resembles Men's Billy style.
Phrases with Luke
Printed books with definitions for Luke
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Stephen Voorwinde
Although Luke is the longest Gospel,1 it has the fewest references to Jesus' emotions. This is somewhat surprising...
by Witness Lee
For example, Luke is a book on salvation, and it gives us a special record of the two thieves who were crucified with the Lord Jesus, one who made a mocking over the Lord, and the other who rebuked the mockerandcalledontheLord. TheLord ...
An All-In-One Commentary Collection for Studying the Book of Luke by Darrell L. Bock, David E. Garland, Walter L. Liefeld, David W. Pao
Unique to Luke is the section on the mourning women. The parallels have some differences between them. Two of the more prominent are that different psalms are cited as the narrative proceeds and that the reactions of the criminals as they ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Luke
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Luke
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Jef M
Photo credit: Five Furlongs
Photo credit: urban.houstonian
Photo credit: hannahwillow
Photo credit: Roman Königshofer | rawmeyn
- LUKE BUTTERWORTH
Photo credit: NAPARAZZI
- LUKE KELLY
Photo credit: NAPARAZZI
- LUKE KELLY
Photo credit: NAPARAZZI
- LUKE GRANT
North Sydney prop forward Luke Grant
Photo credit: NAPARAZZI
- Jumping Luke
Photo credit: m01229
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Luke
Click on an item to play that video:
- Luke Spehar An Explanation
Live recording of Spehar's "An Explanation," about the pain of a break up before entering the seminary and ultimately the pain of traversing the distance between ...
- Charlie Brown - True Meaning of Christmas - Luke 2, 8-14
Charlie Brown - True Meaning of Christmas - Luke 2, 8-14.
- Luke Hess - Meaning Matters
- "The Meaning of Grace" Sermon by Pastor Colin Smith on Luke 4:22-27
- Pastor Mike Abendroth - Thankful To Know The Passage's Real Meaning (Luke 17:11-19)
Pastor Mike Abendroth -...
- The real meaning of Luke 6:38
Luke 6:38 is not talking about giving an offering.
- SAT-com Vocabulary Video - Luke Podcast
SAT-com is a sitcom episode which helps teach you the most important SAT (ACT, GRE, GMAT and ESL) vocabulary in an educational and entertaining fashion.
- Luke Hess // Meaning Matters (Mikkel Metal Remix)
Artist: Luke Hess Title: Meaning Matters (Mikkel Metal Remix) Label: Echocord All rights reserved. Support the artists and buy their music.
- Luke's Vocabulary Parade
- Luke Meaning
Video shows what luke means. lukewarm. Luke Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say luke. Powered by MaryTTS, Wiktionary.
- Griff and Luke - definition of 'perpendicular'
- Finding Hope, Joy, and Meaning | Father Luke Dysinger, M.D., D.Phil.
The Gathering on Mental Health and the Church | March 28, 2014.
- Luke and Asch- Meaning of Birth
- Luke's Dialect Challenge - Marronaise
- Explanation and Luke & Lewis
- Luke Shows Off His Vocabulary
- Lettings Redress Scheme Explanation Luke Clarke Belvoir Peterborough May 2014
Luke Clarke Office Manager & Buy to Let Advisor at Belvoir Peterborough explains the new Redress Scheme being introduced by the UK and how this protects ...
- Luke's Vocabulary Speedround 6/16
- Luke's Rainbow Explanation
- The meaning of suffering (Luke 21,20-28) 07
Christ predicts the judgment of God on the City and on sin (Luke 21,20-28)
- Future of The Irish Language - Luke Flanagan
Luke Ming Flanagan talks about the future of the Irish language.
- Luke 2 v 1-19 (Scots language)
- Luke - MOMD language student at the Centre for Modern Languages in Birmingham
- The Impact Of A Language of Faith (Luke 24:27)
- Dedication Luke Gospel in Kabwa language
- Language In Context By:Luke Kuepfer
Luke Kuepfer giving a demonstration of why proper transalation is so important and can change the meaning of what is being said radically...
- Luke language sample
- Language Launchpad: Luke is an Educational and Cultural Project Manager
- Speaking Luke's language 1/10/15
See also the pronunciation examples of Luke!
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Luke
Scrabble value of L1U1K5E1
The value of this 4-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of LUKE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Luke!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Luke to see it in context!