On this page:
- Definition of the noun lux
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Lux
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Lux
- Photos about Lux
- Videos about Lux
- Sign language
- Quotes about Lux
- Scrabble value of L1U1X8
- Anagram / semordnilap of LUX
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun lux
What does lux mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: luxes
- a unit of illumination equal to 1 lumen per square meter; 0.0929 foot candle
- Lux a.k.a. Luxembourg, officially the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, is a landlocked country in Western Europe. It is bordered by Belgium to the west and north, Germany to the east, and France to the south. It comprises two principal regions: the Oesling in the north as part of the Ardennes massif, and the Gutland in the south. Luxembourg had a population of 524,853 in October 2012 and has an area of 2,586 square kilometres, making it one of the smallest sovereign nations in Europe.
- also known as Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Luxemburg
- founded on (200 years ago)
- part of Europe, Western Europe, Eurasia
- instance of: European country / European nation = any one of the countries occupying the European continent
- part: capital of Luxembourg / Luxembourg-Ville / Luxembourg City / Luxemburg = the capital and largest city of Luxembourg
- member of: Common Market / EC / EEC / EU / Europe / European Community / European Economic Community / European Union = an international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members; NATO / North Atlantic Treaty Organization = an international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security; Benelux = a customs union comprising Belgium and Netherlands and Luxembourg
- member: Luxembourger / Luxemburger = a native or inhabitant of Luxembourg
- read more about Luxembourg (country)
- Lux a.k.a. Luxembourg Findel Airport is the main airport in Luxembourg. It is Luxembourg's only international airport and is the only airport in the country with a paved runway. It is located 3.25 NM away from Luxembourg City. The airport is completely international as there are no other commercial airports in the country. In 2013 it handled 2,197,497 passengers. By cargo tonnage, Findel ranked as Europe's 5th busiest and the world's 28th busiest in 2010.
- LUX is a Postal Code.
There are other places with in their name, like Hotel Lux.
- Lux is a cinematographer, film director and producer.
- Lux is a member of the musical group Nekromantix.
- member of musical group Nekromantix (Drums) since
Lux is a musical group.
- Lux is a global brand developed by Unilever. The range of products includes beauty soaps, shower gels, bath additives, hair shampoos and conditioners. Lux started as “Sunlight Flakes” laundry soap in 1899.
- also known as 力士
- official website: www.unilever.com/brands/personalcarebrands/lux/index.aspx
- LUX is the principal centre for the promotion and distribution of experimental film and video works in the UK.
- Lux is a fictional character from the 2011 film Hick.
- Lux appeared in the 2010 documentary film Tyrolean Riviera.
- "Lux" is a studio album from Brian Eno, released through Warp on 13 November 2012. The album is a collection of ambient soundscapes that have been installed in art galleries and airport terminals. Critical reception has positively compared it with Eno's previous ambient work and noted that it is both relaxing as well as challenging music for those who engage it critically. In 2013, Brian Eno created a number of limited edition prints featuring the cover artwork from Lux made available only from his website.
- "Lux" is the 2007 EP album by Traffic Sound.
- released in (8 years ago)
- "Lux" is a musical album of Thurman.
- released in (20 years ago)
- "LUX" is a musical album of EZ3kiel.
- released on
- "Lux" is a musical album of Disappears.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Lux" is a musical album of Gemini Syndrome.
- released on
- "Lux" is a musical album of Hans Inge Fagervik.
- released in (18 years ago)
- "Lux" is a musical single of Per Mikael.
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Lux" is a musical album of Alex Smoke.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Lux" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- "Lux" is a musical album by Unni Løvlid.
- released on
- award: - Independent Music Award for Best Album - World Traditional nomination for Unni Løvlid
"Lux" is a turn-based strategy computer game that uses the rule system of the board game Risk but expands it to function on any map made up of a graph of countries and the connections between them. Lux was developed and self-published by developer Sillysoft Games. The user community has been active in growing Lux. Users can create maps and computer AIs for Lux, and submit them to be included in the official plugin manager.
- mode: Single-player video game, Multiplayer video game
- developer: Sillysoft Games
- genre: Strategy video game
- released on (13 years ago)
Lux a.k.a. Ethanol: Commonly referred to simply as alcohol or spirits, ethanol is also called ethyl alcohol, and drinking alcohol. It is the principal type of alcohol found in alcoholic beverages, produced by the fermentation of sugars by yeasts. It is a neurotoxic psychoactive drug and one of the oldest recreational drugs used by humans. It can cause alcohol intoxication when consumed in sufficient quantity. Ethanol is used as a solvent, an antiseptic, a fuel and the active fluid in modern thermometers. It is a volatile, flammable, colorless liquid with a strong chemical odor.
- read more about Ethanol
- Lux is the debut studio album from American heavy metal band Gemini Syndrome. It was released on September 10, 2013 through Warner Bros. Records. "Pleasure and Pain", "Basement", "Stardust", and "Mourning Star" have all been released as singles.
- Lux is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.
- Lux is a website.
- official website: stateofillinois.us/people/Lux
- Lux: A SI derived unit of illuminance equal to the direct illumination on a surface that is everywhere one meter from a uniform point source of one candela; a unit of illuminance that is equal to one lumen per square meter.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Lux
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Ornamental Horticulture (2009)
by Jack Ingels
A lux is the illumination received on a surface that is 1 meter from a standard light source known as unity. A lux is an international measurement comparable in use to the metric system. In the United States, the footcandle unit is more commonly ...
Measuring Shadows (2016)
Kepler’s Optics of Invisibility by Raz Chen-Morris
Lux is that quality by which any luminous body illuminates another, as in the case of the sun.
by Susan Nance
However, it was not time to rest on one's laurels yet, the reviewer continued: ''Ex oriente lux is a true enough motto for the historian and archaeologist; but with the sun riding high in heaven above our heads,
by Richard Payne Knight
the Latin word LUX is a contraction. 103. The titles LUCETIUS and DIESPITER applied to Jupiter are expressive of the same attribute ; the one signifying luminous, and the other the Father of Day, which the Cretans called by the name of the ...
Physical Security and Safety (2014)
A Field Guide for the Practitioner by Truett A. Ricks, Bobby E. Ricks, Jeffrey Dingle
A lux is the measure of light striking a 1 square meter surface on which light is evenly distributed. One foot-candle or lumen roughly equals 10 lux. Light sources give off light in varying amounts according to the strength of the light and the ...
A Guide to Design, Installation, and Maintenance by Kathy Fediw
A lux is a metric unit of ...
by Richard Ferncase
The lux is the international metric counterpart to the footcandle (1 footcandle = 10.76 lux). The light sensitivity of video camera pickup tubes is often calibrated in lux (see Figure 7.1). INCIDENT LIGHT The total footcandles of illumination falling ...
Dictionary of Energy (2009)
Expanded Edition by Cutler J. Cleveland, Christopher G. Morris
toe yd kilovolt-ampere kilowatt kilowatt-hour kilowatt peak liter pound lux lumen m ...
A Dictionary of the English Language by Noah Webster
by Gerald W. R. Ward
The 50 lux level is the minimum that will ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Lux
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Lux
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: cambodia4kidsorg
Photo credit: b.frahm
Photo credit: alq666
Photo credit: Helena Jacoba
E luce fu.
Photo credit: Heliøs
Photo credit: Mills Baker
Photo credit: Helena Jacoba
Photo credit: michel bourgouin
This was a lovely example of many shopping arcades in Torino.
Photo credit: James & Vilija
Photo credit: Tomoir III
Photo credit: marcusrg - If you fav, please, be kind and comment
Photo credit: bdesham
Photo credit: tartaruga33
Photo credit: LEGADEMA pictures
Photo credit: Victorhck
Photo credit: LEGADEMA pictures
View more pictures about Fiat Lux.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Lux
Click on an item to play that video:
- Lux Meaning
Video shows what lux means. In the International System of Units, the derived unit of illuminance or illumination; one lumen per square metre. Symbol: lx. lux ...
- GSI CCTV Lux Definition
Golden State Instruments Co. LUX Definition for the CCTV Industry.
- New Slang (ft. The Reverb Junkie) by Robert Lux & The Reverb Junkie
Hey Frans! Support Michelle by buying her music...
- ECTACO Partner LUX Portable Voice Translator, Travel Companion & Language Teacher. LUX/ER Talking.
Perfection, the Ectaco Partner LUX is by far the BEST piece of linguistic hardware ever created. Fully capable of communicating for you in several languages, the ...
- Ectaco Partner LUX Voice Translator Language Learning & Travel Companion. Talking Voice Recognition
Translate voice, learn language do just about anything with the Ectaco Partner LUX!! An amazing all-in-one language tool, nothing else compares to the style, ...
- LUX RADIO THEATER: ANOTHER LANGUAGE - BETTE DAVIS & FRED MACMURRAY OLD TIME RADIO
Here is an early Lux Radio Theater presentation which aired on May 17, 1937. This is titled "Another Language," and stars Bette Davis and Fred MacMurray.
- Language Of Legend : Lux SP ( Test Hero )
- Ectaco Partner LUX 3 Electronic Voice Translator & Language Learning System
- Language Of Legend : Lux AP Mid ( Test Hero )
See also the pronunciation examples of Lux!
Lux (9m) using sign language :)
Quotes about Lux
You stand transfixed
In Al Meera
Gazing at 'peaches and cream'
On the Lux shampoo
Are you lost in fantasy
Or does she look just
Like your girl
Of insecurity (Roger Clark)
more quotes about lux...
Scrabble value of L1U1X8
The value of this 3-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagram / semordnilap of LUX
What do you get if you rearrange the letters by reversing their order?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
See also the blanagrams of Lux!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Lux to see it in context!