The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun MS:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun ms
What does ms mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a chronic progressive nervous disorder involving loss of myelin sheath around certain nerve fibers
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- synonyms of MS: disseminated multiple sclerosis / disseminated sclerosis / multiple sclerosis
- more generic terms: degenerative disorder = condition leading to progressive loss of function; induration / sclerosis = any pathological hardening or thickening of tissue; autoimmune disease / autoimmune disorder = any of a large group of diseases characterized by abnormal functioning of the immune system that causes your immune system to produce antibodies against your own tissues
- part: demyelination = loss of the myelin covering of some nerve fibers resulting in their impaired function
- a state in the Deep South on the gulf of Mexico; one of the Confederate States during the American Civil War
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonyms of MS: Magnolia State / Miss. / Mississippi
- instance of: American state = one of the 50 states of the United States
- part of: America / the States / U.S. / U.S.A. / United States / United States of America / US / USA = North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; Gulf States = a region of the United States comprising states bordering the Gulf of Mexico; South = the region of the United States lying to the south of the Mason-Dixon line; Deep South = the southeastern region of the United States: South Carolina and Georgia and Alabama and Mississippi and Louisiana
- Biloxi = an old town in southern Mississippi on the Gulf of Mexico
- Columbus = a town in eastern Mississippi near the border with Alabama
- Greenville = a town in western Mississippi on the Mississippi River to the north of Vicksburg
- Hattiesburg = a town in southeast Mississippi
- capital of Mississippi / Jackson = capital of the state of Mississippi on the Pearl River
- Meridian = a town in eastern Mississippi
- Natchez = a town in southwest Mississippi on the Mississippi River
- Tupelo = a town in northeast Mississippi
- Vicksburg = a town in western Mississippi on bluffs above the Mississippi River to the west of Jackson
- Pearl River = a river in Mississippi that flows southward to the Gulf of Mexico
- Tombigbee River / Tombigbee = a river that rises in northeastern Mississippi and flows southward through western Alabama to join the Alabama River and form the Mobile River
- Yazoo River / Yazoo = a river that rises in west central Mississippi and flows southwest to empty into the Mississippi River above Vicksburg
- member of: Confederacy / Confederate States / Confederate States of America / Dixie / Dixieland / South = the southern states that seceded from the United States in 1861
- a master's degree in science
- the form of a literary work submitted for publication
- a form of address for a woman
Other definitions of ms
What does ms also mean?
- Mississippi, a state of the United States of America.
- Master of Science.
- Middle School.
- Mint State - a grading term used in numismatics
- Morphine. (Morphine Sulfate)
- Multiple sclerosis, a chronic, inflammatory, demyelinating disease
- Motor Ship - motor ship - diesel engined ship
- Mato Grosso do Sul, a state of Brazil.
- [philately] Mini-sheet.
- See Manuscript.
- See manuscript.
- MS a.k.a. Mississippi is a U.S. state located in the Southern United States.
- read more about Mississippi (state)
- Ms a.k.a. Montserrat is a British Overseas Territory located in the Caribbean. The island is located in the Leeward Islands, part of the chain of islands known as the Lesser Antilles, in the West Indies. Montserrat measures approximately 16 km long and 11 km wide, with approximately 40 kilometres of coastline. Montserrat is nicknamed The Emerald Isle of the Caribbean both for its resemblance to coastal Ireland and for the Irish ancestry of some of its inhabitants. Males also tend to live longer in this country as defined in the 2013 CIA Factbook.
Who is Ms?
MS a.k.a. Mahendra Singh Dhoni is an Indian cricketer and the current captain of the Indian national cricket team. He is an attacking right-handed middle-order batsman and wicket-keeper. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest finishers in limited-overs cricket. He made his One Day International debut in December 2004 against Bangladesh, and played his first Test a year later against Sri Lanka.
- read more about Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- ms a.k.a. Microsoft Corporation or is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer web browser. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. It is the world's largest software maker measured by revenues. It is also one of the world's most valuable companies.
- read more about Microsoft Corporation
- Ms a.k.a. EgyptAir is the flag carrier airline of Egypt. The airline is based at Cairo International Airport, its main hub, operating scheduled passenger and freight services to more than 75 destinations in the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Americas. With an extensive network of domestic services focused on Cairo, Egypt's capital, the airline is working to regain profitable operations following the revolution of 2011.
- also known as EGYPT AIR, Αιγυπτιακές Αερογραμμές
- official website: www.egyptair.com
- Ms a.k.a. EgyptAir Cargo is the cargo division of the Egyptian national airline EgyptAir; it operates using both its own dedicated aircraft and the cargo-carrying capacity of its sister passenger airline. Its main base is Cairo International Airport.
- also known as 埃及航空貨運
- official website: www.egyptair.com.eg
- Ms a.k.a. EgyptAir Express is a regional airline based in Cairo, Egypt. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of the state-owned EgyptAir, established in 2006 to offer passengers increased frequencies on domestic and regional routes through the use of smaller aircraft.
- also known as 埃及航空快運
- official website: www.egyptair.com
- "MS" is a musical album of Michel Sardou.
- released in (12 years ago)
- "Ms" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- "MS" is a musical EP of Chi-A.D..
- released on (8 years ago)
- Ms a.k.a. Malay Language: Malay is a major language of the Austronesian family. It is the national language of Brunei, Malaysia, and Indonesia and it is one of four official languages of Singapore. It is spoken by 270 million people across the Malacca Strait, including the coasts of the Malay Peninsula of Malaysia and the eastern coast of Sumatra in Indonesia, and has been established as a native language of part of western coastal Sarawak and West Kalimantan in Borneo.
- also known as Malay, Bahasa Malaysia, Melaju, Melayu, Standard Malay, Malayu, Bahasa Malayu, Bahasa Malay, Bahasa Melayu, Malay (individual language) Language
- Ms a.k.a. Ms. is an American liberal feminist magazine co-founded by second-wave feminist and sociopolitical activist Gloria Steinem and founding editor Letty Cottin Pogrebin, together with founding editors Mary Thom, Patricia Carbine, Joanne Edgar, Nina Finkelstein, and Mary Peacock, that first appeared in 1971 as an insert in New York magazine. The first stand-alone issue appeared in January 1972 with funding from New York editor Clay Felker. From July 1972 to 1987, it appeared on a monthly basis.
- official website: www.msmagazine.com
- MS a.k.a. Master of Science: A Master of Science is a postgraduate academic master's degree awarded by universities in many countries. The degree is typically granted for studies in the sciences or engineering or medicine, and is usually for programs that are more focused on scientific and mathematical subjects. While it ultimately depends upon the specific program, individuals that pursue a Master’s of Science degree typically require a thesis.
- read more about Master of Science
- Ms a.k.a. Malaysian language: Malaysian, or Standard Malay, is the official language of Malaysia and a standardized register of the Malacca dialect of Malay. It is over 95% cognate with Indonesian and is spoken natively by over 10 million people. As a second language, it is spoken by an estimated 14 million, mostly Malaysians from ethnic minorities. It is a compulsory subject in primary and secondary school.
- MS a.k.a. Music Station is a Japanese music television program. It began broadcasting on October 24, 1986 and continues to be broadcast weekly in High-definition from 8PM-9PM on TV asahi. The program is also colloquially known as M Sute, MS, and M Station.
- read more about Music Station
- Ms a.k.a. Malay, Pattani Language: Kelantan-Pattani Malay, often referred to in Thailand as Yawi or Jawi, and in Kelantan as Baso Kelate, is a dialect of the Malay language spoken in the Malaysian state of Kelantan and the neighboring southernmost provinces of Thailand. It is the primary spoken language of Thai Malays, but is also used as a lingua franca by ethnic Thai in rural areas, Muslim and non-Muslim, and the samsam, a mostly Thai-speaking population of mixed Malay and Thai ancestry.
- also known as Thai Islam, Kelantan-Pattani Malay
- ms: .ms is the Internet country code top-level domain for Montserrat, a British Overseas Territory.
- also known as .ms
- official website: www.mninet.ms
- MS was a series of four Soviet satellites launched in 1962. Two different types of satellite, 1MS and 2MS were used, with two satellites of each type being launched. Three of the satellites were operated successfully, however one of the 1MS satellites was lost in a launch failure. The three that reached orbit received Kosmos designations.
- Ms a.k.a. Ms! was a Canadian current affairs television series which aired on CBC Television in 1973.
- begun on and completed on (42 years ago)
- country: Canada
- Ms a.k.a. multiple sclerosis is a gene.
Scrabble value of M3S1
The value of this 2-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Ms to learn how to say it correctly!