On this page:
- Definition of the noun machete
- Definition of the verb machete
- Phrases with Machete
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Machete
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Machete
- Photos about Machete
- Video about Machete
- Quotes about Machete
- Scrabble value of M3A1C3H4E1T1E1
- Anagrams of MACHETE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun machete
What does machete mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: machetes
- a large heavy knife used in Central and South America as a weapon or for cutting vegetation
Alternative definition of the noun machete
- A sword-like tool used for cutting large plants with a chopping motion. A machete's blade is usually 50 to 65 centimeters (cm) long, and up to three millimeters (mm) thick.
- synonym: bolo
Definition of the verb machete
What does machete mean as a doing word?
- To cut or chop with a machete.
- To hack or chop crudely with a blade other than a machete.
- "Machete" is a 2010 American action film written, produced, and directed by Robert Rodriguez and also directed by Ethan Maniquis. This film is an expansion of a fake trailer that was included in Rodriguez's and Quentin Tarantino's 2007 Grindhouse double-feature. Machete continues the B movie and exploitation style of Grindhouse, and includes some of the footage. The film stars Danny Trejo in his first lead role as the title character, and co-stars Robert De Niro, Jessica Alba, Don Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Steven Seagal, Lindsay Lohan, Cheech Marin and Jeff Fahey. This was Steven Seagal's first theatrical release film in eight years since his starring role in 2002's Half Past Dead. Machete was released in the United States by 20th Century Fox and Rodriguez's company, Troublemaker Studios, on September 3, 2010. A sequel, Machete Kills, was released on October 11, 2013.
- also known as El Lenguaje De Los Machetes, Maceta, Мачете, Maczeta, Robert Rodriguez's Machete, Machête, Ustura
- country: United States of America
- languages: English Language, Hungarian language, Spanish Language
- directors: Robert Rodriguez & Ethan Maniquis
- producers: Robert Rodriguez, Elizabeth Avellán, Rick Schwartz
- executive producers: Alan Bernon, Myles Nestel, Ed Borgerding & Ashok Amritraj
- production design by Christopher Stull
- written by Robert Rodriguez & Álvaro Rodríguez
- Danny Trejo as Machete
- Robert De Niro as Senator McLaughlin
- Jessica Alba as Sartana
- Steven Seagal as Rogelio Torrez
- Michelle Rodriguez as Luz
- Jeff Fahey as Michael Benz
- Cheech Marin as Padre Benito del Toro
- Don Johnson as Von Jackson
- Shea Whigham
- Lindsay Lohan as April Benz
- Cheryl Chin
- Daryl Sabara as Julio
- Electra Avellan as Nurse Mona
- Gilbert Trejo as Jorge
- Elise Avellan as Nurse Lisa
- Tom Savini as Osiris Ampanpour
- Tina Rodriguez as Tristana
- Rose McGowan as Boots McCoy
- casting by J.C. Cantu & Mary Vernieu
- cinematography by Jimmy Lindsey
- edited by Rebecca Rodriguez & Robert Rodriguez
- music by Chingón
- costume design by Nina Proctor
- set decoration by Bart Brown
- location: Texas
- genres: Action Film, Thriller, Crime Fiction, Adventure Film, Action/Adventure, Comedy
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (5 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- ALMA Award for Favorite Movie (Favorite Movie)
- ALMA Award for Favorite Movie Actor nomination for Danny Trejo
- ALMA Award for Outstanding Actress in a Feature Film (Favorite Movie Actress Drama/Adventure) nomination for Jessica Alba
- ALMA Award for Outstanding Actress in a Feature Film (Favorite Movie Actress Drama/Adventure), received by Jessica Alba
- official website: www.machetemovie.be
- Machete is a fantasy Philippine drama produced by GMA Network adapted from a character of the same name created by Pablo S. Gomez. Directed by Don Michael Perez, the show premiered on January 24, 2011 replacing Jillian: Namamasko Po on the GMA Telebabad block. The show is broadcast internationally through GMA Pinoy TV on January 26, 2011, two days after its original release. The series is a remake for the movie with the same title which starred Cesar Montano and Rita Avila and was remade again in 1993 which starred Gardo Versoza and Rosanna Roces. The show had its finale on March 18, 2011.
- "Machete" is a film, directed by Kurt Neumann.
- "Machete" is a 2006 action-adventure drama film written by Pablo Esparza and directed by Roman Hernández Cordova & Pablo Esparza.
- "Machete" a.k.a. "El lenguaje de los machetes": Machete is a 2011 drama film written and directed by Kyzza Terrazas.
- read more about El lenguaje de los machetes
- Machete is the name of three fictional characters in the Marvel Comics Universe.
- Machete is a fictional character from the television series Machete.
- Machete is a fictional character from the 1966 film Taste for Killing.
- "Machete" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music and lyrics by Moby
- "Machete" is a musical EP of Madhouse Brothers.
- released on (4 years ago)
- Machete a.k.a. Aljur Abrenica is a Filipino actor. He appeared on the fourth season of StarStruck.
- read more about Aljur Abrenica (actor)
- Machete is a musician.
- profession: Musician
- member of musical group Machete
There are other people with in their name, like Control Machete.
Machete is a musical group.
- machete a.k.a. The cavaquinho is a small string instrument of the European guitar family with four wire or gut strings. A cavaquinho player is called a cavaquista.
- read more about Cavaquinho
- Machete: Isador Cortez, also known as Machete, is a fictional character in the four Spy Kids films, the Grindhouse fake trailer, and the Machete and Machete Kills films. The character is played by Danny Trejo.
- The machete is a small stringed instrument from Madeira, Portugal. The instrument has four metal strings, in contrast to its sightly larger cousin the machete de rajão which has five metal strings. The machete is believed to be the immediate predecessor of the ukulele, being introduced to Hawaii by Portuguese immigrants in the late 19th century.
Phrases with Machete
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Machete
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Commerce Reports (1922)
MARKET FOR MACHETES IN HAITI. Consul Damon C. Woods, Cape Haitiem. The machete is an implement which is possessed by almost every ...
Review of Industrial and Trade Conditions in Foreign Countries ... by United States. Bureau of Foreign and Domestic Commerce
The machete is the principal agricultural instriunent. The ground. being soft and loamy, is scarcely ever prepared by lplowing. The machete is used to cut away the rank brusi and to ig deep holes into which the grain is dropped. Crows stealing ...
Dominicans in New York City (2015)
Power From the Margins by Milagros Ricourt
A machete is the picture in a passport with a stamped visa or a ...
Daily Consular and Trade Reports Issued by the Bureau of Foreign and Domestic Commerce, Department of Commerce
The machete is the principal agricultural instrument.
Understanding The Army Lingo Legacy by E. Kelly Taylor
Machete long, wide, sword-like knife used primarily in jungle operations to clear heavy foliage; large and menacing, the machete is a deadly and gruesome weapon, a weapon of choice for several third-world paramilitary and quasi- military ...
Clearing cocoa plantations with a sharp machete is a potentially hazardous occupation for ...
The machete is the principal agricultural instrument. The ground, being soft and loamy, is scarcely ever pre red by plowing. The machete is used to cut away the rank brus and to dig deep holes into which the grain is dropped. Crows stealing ...
by M. Hayler
The modern machete is a ubiquitous tool in many tropical countries where it is used to cut away vegetation when travelling through dense jungle, to harvest tough crops such as sugar cane, and also for butchering practices where a cleaver is ...
Se Recréer Femme (1993)
by Renaat Devisch
A woman's machete is a complement to the hoe, and like the latter it carries genital connotations. Used in the entrance to the ritual house, it is not accompanied by any accessories nor is it the subject of any incantation. 6. The only food ...
by Donald C. Cooper
The machete is a good ...
machete /ma'Jeti/ noun: machetes A machete is a long, heavy knife ...
A Dictionary of Owa (2014)
A Language of the Solomon Islands by Greg Mellow
haksoa hacksaw naki sharp stone, cutting stone nakirui fau sharp igneous stone naki parasinaefe machete, bush knife parasimu ronaoqasa machete, bush knife sesero chisel soa saw sufisufi peeler sufia taru1 cutting stone tatapa2 machete ...
Nomenclature, Taxonomy and Ecology by M.M. Grandtner, Julien Chevrette
Silanche inga inga de Silanche guaba machete, guabo ...
by George Whitfield Andrews, Edward Dickinson, Arthur Foote, Janet M. Green, Emil Liebling, Josephine Thrall
Machete — Plucked Strings. Spain. A small guitar used in Spain and Portugal. It has a shallow sound-box and four strings and has the compass of an octave. It is a pastoral instrument and a possession of many of the country people who enjoy ...
Volume 1: A - L; Volume 2: M - Z by Patrick Taylor, Frederick I. Case
It is in this context of self-expression and identity that the importance of the machete of lwa Ogu Feray (Ogou Feray) can be understood. In Cuban Vodou, the machete of the sacrifice occupies a place of honor in the ounfò, its role enhanced in ...
Crossword Puzzle Dictionary (2015)
by Murali Mohan Hundigam
mammoth Large hammer with wooden head—mallet Large handleless drinking cup—goblet Largeheaded nail or piece of metal—stud Large, heavy, and powerful—hefty Large, heavy cabinet—armoire Large, heavy knife— machete Large, ...
Ponapean-English Dictionary (1979)
by Kenneth L. Rehg, Damian G. Sohl
machete knife, machete: kehpii, naip. machine machine, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Machete
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Machete
Click on an item to view that photo:
photo from "A Beautiful Day to be an Afrikan" series |...
Photo credit: Artemus Jenkins
Photo credit: Yliaaaaa
This guy would chop away at these coconuts and open them up for customers.
Photo credit: mnyja
Photo credit: Josoroma
Photo credit: MMICHAELL
Photo credit: elbragon
colored over the draw of Zach Howard.
Photo credit: mondi
- Gage Wants a Machete
Photo credit: Wesley Fryer
- Jorge's Machete, Roatan, Honduras
Photo credit: gruntzooki
- Machete dance
Photo credit: gabrielsaldana
- Machete Park
Photo credit: microraptor
- Machete Couesse
The Machete Couesse is in the family of Neotropical Racers. It is found in Northern South America.
Photo credit: Stephen Horvath
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Machete
Video shows what machete means. A sword-like tool used for cutting large plants with a chopping motion. A machete's blade is usually 50 to 65 centimeters (cm) ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Machete!
Quotes about Machete
Scrabble value of M3A1C3H4E1T1E1
The value of this 7-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MACHETE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Machete!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Machete to see it in context!