On this page:
Who is Mack Sennett?
Mack Sennett was a Canadian-born American director and actor and was known as the innovator of slapstick comedy in film. During his lifetime he was known at times as the "King of Comedy". His short Wrestling Swordfish was awarded the Academy Award for Best Live Action Short Film in 1932 and he earned an Academy Honorary Award in 1937.
- also known as Mack Sennet, Michael Sinnott, Mr. Mack Sennett, Mikall Sinnott, Walter Terry, The King of Comedy
- born on (135 years ago) in Danville
- nationality: Canada, United States of America
- profession: Comedian, actor, film director, film producer, screenwriter, presenter, composer, cinematographer, film score composer, dancer, set designer, clown, singer, writer
- died on (55 years ago) in Woodland Hills
- buried in Holy Cross Cemetery
- read more about Mack Sennett (actor)
Mack Sennett is a fictional representation of late director and actor Mack Sennett.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mack Sennett
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Early Cinema (2005)
by Richard Abel
After an acrimonious split with Aitken in 1917, Sennett abandoned the Keystone trademark to produce “Mack Sennett Comedies” for,
by Keith Aspley
This was the case with Les rayons et les ombres by Desnos where short pieces on music, subtitles, eroticism, dreams and figures such as Charlie Chaplin and Mack Sennett accompany reviews of films as different as Entr'acte and Sergei ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mack Sennett
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Mack Sennett
Hollywood Star Mack Sennett
Hollywood Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame - The original movie "King of Comedy" and founder of Keystone Studios in Hollywood - invented slapstick comedy in his movies: stable of actors list is royalty of early comedy. Charlie Chaplin & Mabel Normand started at Keystone, also Gloria Swanson, and let us not forget the silent movie hysterics of The Keystone Kops, or W. C. Fields and that singer - whatz his name?...Bing something or other...
Photo credit: DominusVobiscum
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Mack Sennett to see it in context!