The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun madman:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun madman
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Madman
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Madman
- Photos about Madman
- Video language resources about Madman
- Quotes about Madman
- Scrabble value of M3A1D2M3A1N1
- Anagrams of MADMAN
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun madman
What does madman mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: madmen
- an insane person
- examples: Tom worked like a madman. | Zen's latest mission is to save the Earth from ecological destruction at the hands of a plant-destroying madman. | A madman is not accountable for his actions. | He acted like a madman. | The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad. | Many people also considered him a madman. | He behaved like a madman. | That madman broke the window. | While laughing is allowed, it is most dishonest to laugh out loud or to extend one's laughter beyond the limits of a just moderation; the Holy Ghost teaches us that it is the character of a madman to raise one's voice while laughing. | In here, I look like a madman who just escaped from the lunatic asylum.
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of madman: lunatic / maniac
- more generic terms: diseased person / sick person / sufferer = a person suffering from an illness
- more specific words:
Alternative definition of the noun madman
- A male who is insane or mentally disturbed.
- "Madman" is a 1982 slasher film written and directed by Joe Giannone. The plot follows a group of campers who are stalked and killed after summoning an axe-murderer of local legend. Originally based on the upstate New York urban legend of the Cropsey maniac, the film's central premise and main antagonist was changed last minute due to conflicts with The Burning, which was in production at the same time.
- also known as Madman Marz, The Legend Lives
- countries: United States of America, Germany
- language: English Language
- written by Joe Giannone
- cinematography by James Lemmo
- genres: Slasher, Indie film, Horror, Teen film, Cult film
- rating: R (USA)
- released in (33 years ago)
- "Madman" is the motion picture adaptation of the creator-owned comic book of the same name by Mike Allred. The movie will be co-directed by Allred and George Huang. Rodriguez will serve as "executive producer" on this film.
- "Madman" is a 2010 documentary film written and directed by Benno Trautmann.
- "Madman" is a film.
- genres: Horror, B movie, Slasher
- released in (8 years ago)
- Madman is a fictional character from the 2011 film Grey Matter.
- Madman is a fictional character from the 1969 film Gymnoi sto dromo.
- Madman is a fictional character from the 1963 film O filos mou o Lefterakis.
- Madman a.k.a. Ferdinand is a fictional character in the 1972 TV movie The Duchess of Malfi.
- read more about Ferdinand
- Madman is a fictional character from the 1982 film Imperative.
- Madman is a fictional character from the 1970 film Kab? Kyoon? Aur Kahan?.
- Madman is a fictional character from the 1979 film Jaani Dushman.
- Madman is a fictional character from the 1979 film The Jerk.
- Madman is a fictional character from the 2005 film Ayya.
- Madman is a fictional character in the 1979 film The Nurse in the Military Madhouse.
- Madman is a fictional character from the 2004 film Monsters.
- Madman is a fictional character from the 1969 film The Cow.
- Madman is a fictional film character.
- Madman a.k.a. Patrick Kelly is a fictional character from the 1999 film Any Given Sunday.
- read more about Patrick Kelly
- Madman a.k.a. Yang Dong-geun or YDG is a South Korean actor and hip-hop artist.
- read more about Yang Dong-geun (actor)
- Madman a.k.a. Michael Madison Strain is a special effects technician.
- read more about Michael Madison Strain
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Madman
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
An Analysis of the Inner Chapters by Robert Elliott Allinson
From the standpoint of a philosophical catalogue rather than a conventional, visual one, the madman is the ultimate archetypical monster in that it is clear that the distortion is inherently mental. It is clear that whatever is being said by or ...
Between Memory and Desire (1999)
The Middle East in a Troubled Age by R. Stephen Humphreys
The Middle East certainly has its full share of extravagant rhetoric and preposterous claims — though some might say the same thing about the United States — but the Middle East Madman is a mythological beast, or nearly so. When we look ...
Radicalisation of a moral gesture in ritual religiosity by Andrzej Wójtowicz
If, therefore, one would leave the liturgical excuses typical of adorational and liturgical religiosity aside for a while, madness borders on enchantment and, to some extent, it is indistinguishable from it because a madman is a man of ...
Liquid Mind (2003)
A Dive Into the Ocean of Consciousness by Danyel Seagan
A madman is a genius whose creation seems to be destructive, and a genius is a madman who uses creation constructively. It might feel strange to think that the humanity of today is so different from 100 years ago. Before that time, change in ...
by Roy Moodley, Uwe P. Gielen, Rosa Wu
Prieto Introduction Spain is the only country where a madman is the main character in the national literary canon: Don Quixote.
by M. Keith Booker
"The Madman" tells the story of Nwibe, ...
by S. T. Joshi, David E. Schultz
The madman does so; but then the narrator, having earlier perceived that the lunatic has a taste for Aztec mythology, pretends to be possessed by religious fervor and begins shouting Aztec and other names at random as a further stalling tactic ...
Everything Fab Four by Kenneth Womack
“Madman”. (Lennon). “Madman” is an unreleased outtake from the Beatles' Get Back sessions. AUTHORSHIP AND BACKGROUND Written by John Lennon, “ Madman” was improvised. 593 M.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Madman
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Madman
Click on an item to view that photo:
Camera - Nikon FE, Lens - 50mm f/1.4 AI.
Photo credit: Escaping Man
Photo credit: derren hodson photography
On the streets of Dhaka, you can find some people who are mentally unstable. They do a lot of weird and interesting works publicly. Sometimes they even bother us too.
Photo credit: MashrikFaiyaz
- Madman 2a
Photo credit: Arizona Parrot
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Madman
Click on an item to play that video:
- Matt Holland Drums - Madman Live - The Meaning Of
Madman Live - Glasgow Stereo, May 2008.
- Explanation behind the name Madman Lugos
THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT...
- Madman Meaning
Video shows what madman means. A male who is insane or mentally disturbed.. madman synonyms: Wikisaurus:mad person. madman pronunciation. How to ...
- Definition of Madman in de Bruinekip 18-10-2014
- Definition of Madman in de Bruine Kip 18-10-2014
Definition of Madman in de Bruine Kip 18-10-2014 Into the fire.
- Madman Is Absolute - The Meaning Of......
Track 05 from the 2008 EP "ELEVENTH HOUR ABSOLUTION" Produced by Scott Atkins at Grindstone Studios, Suffolk in 2007. Copyright 2008 Hardface ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Madman!
Quotes about Madman
Scrabble value of M3A1D2M3A1N1
The value of this 6-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MADMAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Madman!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Madman to see it in context!