On this page:
- Maggie Smith: Dame Margaret Natalie "Maggie" Smith DBE CH is an English actress. She made her stage debut in 1952 and has had an extensive, varied career in stage, film and television spanning over sixty years. Smith has appeared in over 50 films and is one of Britain's most recognisable actresses. She was appointed Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire in the 1990 New Year Honours for services to the performing arts, and Member of the Order of the Companions of Honour in the 2014 Birthday Honours for services to drama.
- also known as Dame Maggie Smith; Dame Margaret Natalie "Maggie" Smith; Dame Margaret Natalie "Maggie" Smith, DBE; Margaret Natalie Smith; Maggie; Dame Margaret Natalie Smith, DBE
- born on (81 years ago) in Ilford, child of Nathaniel Smith and Margaret Hutton-Smith
- ethnicity: English people
- nationality: United Kingdom
- profession: Actor
- read more about Maggie Smith (actress)
- Maggie Smith is the wife of Jonathan Taplin.
- Maggie Smith is a costume designer.
- profession: Costume designer
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Maggie Smith
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Film Quotations (2013)
11,000 Lines Spoken on Screen, Arranged by Subject, and Indexed by Robert A. Nowlan, Gwendolyn W. Nowlan
” The marriage of bisexual Michael Caine and aging, promiscuous actress Maggie Smith is a farce.
A Reader by Margaret Smith
Maggie Smith is a lecturer at The Open University and has responsibility for the Open University flexible Geography PGCE course.
by Constantine Santas, James M. Wilson, Maria Colavito, Djoymi Baker
Thetis: Maggie Smith. Aphrodite: Ursula Andress. Poseidon: Jack Gwillim. Athena : Susan Fleetwood. Hephaestus: Pat Roach. Perseus: Harry Hamlin. Andromeda: Judi Bowker. Ammon: Burgess Meredith. Cassiopeia: Siân Phillips. Stygian ...
by Alan Burton, Steve Chibnall
Actress in a Leading Role: Maggie Smith (A Room with a View) Cinematography: David Watkin (Out of ...
by Eric Michael Mazur
Laurence Olivier, Clare Bloom, Maggie Smith, Ursula Andress, Jack Gwillim. [Greek and Roman Myths] Cleopatra, 1963. Dir. Joseph L. Mankiewicz. Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, ...
by Jessie Carney Smith
directed and written by Ron Shelton Sister Act, starring Whoopi Goldberg and Maggie Smith, directed by Emile Ardolino, written by Joseph Howard Mo' Money, starring Damon Wayans and Stacey Dash, directed by Peter MacDonald, written ...
by Roderick Flynn, Patrick Brereton
Based on the novel by Elisabeth Bowen, the film was directed by Deborah Warner and stars Maggie Smith, Michael Gambon, Fiona Shaw, and Keeley Hawes and is set in Danielstown, somewhere in the South of Ireland. This is the coun— try ...
by Mary Ellen Snodgrass
Ismael Merchant andJames Ivory filmed Quartet in1981, featuringascreenplay byRuth PrawerJhabvala and starring Isabelle Adjani, Maggie Smith, andAlan Bates.A Dutch filmversion ofWideSargasso Sea appearedin 1992, featuring Rachel ...
by Roberta Pearson, Philip Simpson
A heritage production willoften use respected actors connected to the theatre (for example,Maggie Smith, the late Sir John Gielgud). Many performers are associated withcostume dramas, preserving an undisturbed illusionof the past.
Volume 2: The Americas by Arthur Holmberg, Carlos Solorzano
the English Maggie Smith andWilliam Hutt (b. 1920) – astonished both the public and the theatre profession. Perhaps proddedby the nationalist controversy, Phillips subsequently committed himself to Canada and, after leaving Stratford ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Maggie Smith
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Maggie Smith
Click on an item to view that photo: