On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun magnoliophyta
What does magnoliophyta mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- comprising flowering plants that produce seeds enclosed in an ovary; in some systems considered a class (Angiospermae) and in others a division (Magnoliophyta or Anthophyta)
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Angiospermae / Anthophyta
- synonyms of Magnoliophyta: class Angiospermae / division Anthophyta / division Magnoliophyta
- more generic word: class = a taxonomic group containing one or more orders
- member of: division Spermatophyta / Spermatophyta = seed plants; comprises the Angiospermae (or Magnoliophyta) and Gymnospermae
- flowering plant / angiosperm = plants having seeds in a closed ovary
- class Dicotyledonae / class Dicotyledones / class Magnoliopsida / Dicotyledonae / Dicotyledones / Magnoliopsida = comprising seed plants that produce an embryo with paired cotyledons and net-veined leaves; divided into six (not always well distinguished) subclasses (or superorders): Magnoliidae and Hamamelidae (considered primitive); Caryophyllidae (an early and distinctive offshoot); and three more or less advanced groups: Dilleniidae; Rosidae
- class Monocotyledonae / class Monocotyledones / class Liliopsida / Monocotyledonae / Monocotyledones / Liliopsida = comprising seed plants that produce an embryo with a single cotyledon and parallel-veined leaves: includes grasses and lilies and palms and orchids; divided into four subclasses or superorders: Alismatidae; Arecidae; Commelinidae
- angiospermous tree / flowering tree = any tree having seeds and ovules contained in the ovary
- flowering shrub = shrub noted primarily for its flowers
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Magnoliophyta
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Plant Systematics (2011)
by Michael G. Simpson
8, Magnoliophyta is a taxon placed at the rank of phylum; Liliopsida is a taxon placed at the rank of class; Arecaceae is a taxon Parvisedum 3. Shrub or subshrub Species (plural: species) Cocos nucifera placed ...
Angiospermae, Angiosperms ( division Magnoliophyta). The botanical name for the group of vascular flowering ...
A Dictionary of Science (2017)
by Jonathan Law
magnetomotive force magneton magnetooptical effects magnetooptical trap magnetoresistance magnetosphere magnetostriction magnetron magnification magnifying power magnitude Magnoliophyta magnon magnox mainframe computer.
by John Owen Edward Clark, William Hemsley
Bryophyta Anthoceratopsida Biyopsida Hepaticopsida Pteridophyta Filicopsida Lycopsida Psilopsida Sphenopsida Spermatophyta Gymnospermae Magnoliophyta Coniferopsida Cycadopsida Gnetopsida Liliopsida Magnoliopsida 265.
by M N Doja
Classification: Division Magnoliophyta (angioperms), Class Magnoliopsida ( dicots), Subclass Caryophyllidae, Order Caryophy Hales, Family Cactaceae ( Cactus). cad Computer Aided Design. Software programs for the design, drafting and ...
A Dictionary of Biology (2015)
by Robert Hine
Anthophyta (Angiospermophyta; Magnoliophyta) A phylum comprising the flowering plants (angiosperms). The gametes are produced within *flowers and the ovules (and the seeds into which they develop) are enclosed in a carpel ( compare ...
by I. C. Gupta, S. K. Gupta
Magnoliophyta The angiosperms, a division of vascular seed plants having the ovules enclosed in an ovary and well-developed vessels in the xylem. Magnoliopslda The dicotyledons, a class of flowering plants in the division Magnoliophyta; ...
d'Annunzio University of Chieti, Chieti, Italy PectinLayer Endocarp Silverskin Pericarp Kingdom Plantae Division Magnoliophyta Seed (Coffee Bean) Class magnoliopsida Order Gentianales Family Rubiaceae ...
by John M. Lackie
Magnoliophyta Flowering plants. mago nashi A Drosophila protein (147aa) involved in the bidirectional intercellular signaling between the posterior follicle cells and oocyte to establish spatial coordinates that induce axis formation. Interacts ...
Eleventh Edition by Merriam-Webster
or division (Magnoliophyta) of vascular plants (as magnolias, grasses, oaks, roses, and daisies) that have the ovules and seeds enclosed in an ovary, form the embryo and endosperm by double ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Magnoliophyta
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Magnoliophyta
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of M3A1G2N1O1L1I1O1P3H4Y4T1A1
The value of this 13-letter word is 24 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Magnoliophyta to find many related words and phrases!